“Read the reviews, rolled the dice, BIG TIME LOSS! "In TripAdvisor You should TRUST"”

La Quinta Inn Denver Aurora
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just completed the "so called survey" that La Quinta emailed to me. I have ZERO confidence that it will be read, or implemented. I sincerely hope that my post will be helpful to those who read it here. By the way, here's the automated reply, to my survey:
Uh oh! Looks like your stay at Denver - Aurora wasn’t very good.

We missed the mark with you and are very sorry. We greatly appreciate honest feedback like yours.

Since excellent service and a great stay is our number one priority, we will use your comments as a way to further improve and provide a more positive experience.

My review: Date of stay June 3, 2013
My husband, our two labs, and I stayed one night at this motel. The main reason we chose it: dog friendly/no fee. This was a "layover" in our two week, tent trailer, road trip. A better option, pop up the tent trailer in the parking lot. I did read the numerous, cautionary reviews; I foolishly believed that "just one night" wouldn't be that bad. Aside from the rave reviews, "collected in partnership with La Quinta", this place REALLY is as bad as described. • Location is sketchy/likely unsafe at night. • The Security Guard( at least the one I saw) has to be in his late 60's-early 70's. I mention this because I was told that our tent trailer would be safe on his watch. Good to know, since he was in the breakfast area(at night) wearing headphones, while watching TV. Oh, I also heard him tell a guest that nothing was happening tonight. • Smoking, or Non Smoking room preference? Doesn't really matter because the smokers are considerate enough to smoke anywhere, including in front of the non smoking designated rooms. Thanks to the A/C, and the wind, your room will smell smoky too. • I walked my dogs to the grassy area behind the hotel. What a fabulous place to potty them! Just be sure to look out for the empty alcohol bottles, broken glass, cigarette butts. •The Bathroom: I asked my husband if he shaved, once we got settled. I was really hoping that he would say yes. Unfortunately, the little stray hairs on the counter probably have yet to be identified. I opted out of using the shower; had no choice about the toilet. Luckily, there was plenty of t.p. to make a toilet seat cover. I would keep your socks on while walking around the bathroom too. •I think the bed was good, or I was super tired. • I do want to recognize Frank, the man who checked us in at the front desk. He was friendly, polite, and helpful. He's also about to be a Daddy again soon (Congrats! again). Sadly, this great employee isn't nearly enough of a reason to ever stay at this La Quinta again.
Please don't make the same mistake that we did.

• Stayed: June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Pros
-This was a nice stay the rooms were clean
-breakfast was nice
- Very nice Friendly staff

Cons
-Need some type of basic meat for breakfast and more carb friendly items
- internet was so slow i was getting what back in the day we call 56k modem

i would stay again if i was in aurora

Room Tip: Try the front also room 111 and 108 has the main router for internet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were traveling with two young children and our non-smoking room smelled so strongly of smoke we could barely breathe. Although we made the reservation in advance and they had put a crib in our room (when they should have smelled the smoke and moved us somewhere else) - they said the motel was full and they were unable to change our room. The room was dingy, the breakfast only adequate. When we complained to the morning staff regarding the odor in our room they said "Well, it is a non-smoking room, but someone must have smoked in there." Thank you for stating the obvious, but I did not find that helpful. I suggest you avoid this hotel!

2  Thank BethVE_H
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The good news; the room was adequate and housekeeping did a good job keeping it clean.
Otherwise, all other facets of this motel were entirely inadequate.
Outside groundskeeping is as inferior as I have ever seen. There is debris and trash everywhere. The exterior of the buildings are filthy and show universal damage and failure of periodic maintenance. Plastic bottles and room card keys litter the pool deck. The breakfast area, when I checked in at 2 pm, had food and trash throughout the area. The computer in use to assign rooms was frozen and there was delay in assigning a room. When I asked the clerk to make copies of a document, the printer was inoperative.
To state that management at this La Quinta is asleep at the switch in an understatement.
Do yourself a favor, choose another motel-a Motel 6 would be several steps up the hospitality ladder for quality and service!

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel1
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davide542
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here because of past good experiences with LaQuinta. NEVER AGAIN. The room was a non smoking room that stunk of stale cigarets. The curtains had brown stains on them the carpets were dirty and there was what appeared to be mucus on the bathroom wall. The tub finish was coming off or the tub was severely stained. There was trash behind the bedside table.
The only thing that appeared clean was the bed. I showered with my sandals on. The only reason we stayed was we were traveling with a pet and it was late and no time to find another place. We did not feel safe staying at this location, you could see out from under the door, I can only imagine what it would be like on a cold windy night.

1  Thank 1964Samantha