“Don't Stay”

Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Pros
-This was a nice stay the rooms were clean
-breakfast was nice
- Very nice Friendly staff

Cons
-Need some type of basic meat for breakfast and more carb friendly items
- internet was so slow i was getting what back in the day we call 56k modem

i would stay again if i was in aurora

Room Tip: Try the front also room 111 and 108 has the main router for internet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were traveling with two young children and our non-smoking room smelled so strongly of smoke we could barely breathe. Although we made the reservation in advance and they had put a crib in our room (when they should have smelled the smoke and moved us somewhere else) - they said the motel was full and they were unable to change our room. The room was dingy, the breakfast only adequate. When we complained to the morning staff regarding the odor in our room they said "Well, it is a non-smoking room, but someone must have smoked in there." Thank you for stating the obvious, but I did not find that helpful. I suggest you avoid this hotel!

2  Thank BethVE_H
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The good news; the room was adequate and housekeeping did a good job keeping it clean.
Otherwise, all other facets of this motel were entirely inadequate.
Outside groundskeeping is as inferior as I have ever seen. There is debris and trash everywhere. The exterior of the buildings are filthy and show universal damage and failure of periodic maintenance. Plastic bottles and room card keys litter the pool deck. The breakfast area, when I checked in at 2 pm, had food and trash throughout the area. The computer in use to assign rooms was frozen and there was delay in assigning a room. When I asked the clerk to make copies of a document, the printer was inoperative.
To state that management at this La Quinta is asleep at the switch in an understatement.
Do yourself a favor, choose another motel-a Motel 6 would be several steps up the hospitality ladder for quality and service!

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel1
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davide542
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here because of past good experiences with LaQuinta. NEVER AGAIN. The room was a non smoking room that stunk of stale cigarets. The curtains had brown stains on them the carpets were dirty and there was what appeared to be mucus on the bathroom wall. The tub finish was coming off or the tub was severely stained. There was trash behind the bedside table.
The only thing that appeared clean was the bed. I showered with my sandals on. The only reason we stayed was we were traveling with a pet and it was late and no time to find another place. We did not feel safe staying at this location, you could see out from under the door, I can only imagine what it would be like on a cold windy night.

1  Thank 1964Samantha
Reviewed May 16, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Garland, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a one night business trip. I was very impressed at the cleanliness of the room. The bedding was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. The room was perfect for me and met my needs. It was in an area where you could walk to dinner at Guadalajaras Mexican restaraunt. If you are in Aurora, this hotel is worth every dollar. I am to be considered a hotel snob. A week prior my boyfriend and I were in Denver and stayed at the Embassy Suites on Hampden and paid $85.00 per night. That hotel is very old and need a FACE LIFT badly. The only thing that they had going for them was their made to order omelets. Other than that old everything in the rooms, So I give the LQ all thumbs up. I had an early business meeting and didn't have time for breakfast, but I am ok with cereal, bagels, fruit for my morning start, I just didn't have a chance to enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business