“Standard no frills airport hotel”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Sheffield
“Standard no frills airport hotel”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Just over 5 miles from Denver Airport, the Econo Lodge is your basic no frills accomodation for a pre or post flight place to simply put your head for the night. Rooms were clean and tidy and staff friendly. The place probably needs an upgrade but for the £39 I paid through Expedia for the night it's very difficult to be too critical. I suspect all the hotels on the complex would be of a similar standard as 99.9% of their trade probably just stay the single night.

Room Tip: if you are hiring a car head for the Airport Exit and keep right until the see the turn off for all...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was looking for a hotel to stay on our way to Yellowstone that wasn't terribly expensive. This Econo Lodge was a good place for a one night stay. The lobby smelled like cigarette smoke but our room did not. It was very clean, but very outdated. I wouldn't recommend this place for anything but a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate it and hope to see you again the next time you visit the Denver area.
Alpine, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We needed a place that didn't cost a fortune, as it was only for a few hours while we waited for our flight. We used expedia's "unpublished prices" and listed our requirements as cheap, near airport, with pool. There is no pool and the front desk said that happens a lot. It was under $100, but just barely. The shower doesn't get warmer than ice cold and it smells like nasty wet dog. The place totally sucks. Pay extra and go elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear valued guest, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I checked in here with my mother - a senior citizen. We arrived after a grueling flight from Ft. Lauderdale - 4 hours late after a storm closed the Denver Airport. I did not know that the hotel had changed names since my reservation last summer - it would have been nice to have received an e-mail both confirming my reservation and indicating the fact that the hotel had changed names. Upon arrival (at 1am) we were told that the elevator was broken...and guess what...we were on the third floor! We had luggage, which I had to carry up thee flights (The young lady at the front desk DID offer to carry our luggage). The room was average yet clean, but I could not get the thermostat to work and as a result, it was quite cold in our room. It would have been nice to get some sort of discount as a result of the broken elevator - we asked, but were told there would be no discount.

Room Tip: If you book here, ask if the elevator is operational.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. In response to your comments, our elevator is now up and running and in good condition. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future to provide you with the level of service I know we are capable of.
Saratoga, Wyoming
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Basic, lower quality hotel made us wish we had spent a few $$ more for something better. Free breakfast late & marginal. Real annoyance was being told shuttle runs every 15 mins to nearly adjacent airport; they failed to mention it makes 5 stops so trip actually takes 45 mins! Waited almost 1 hour upon return due to inaccurate info regarding pick up location. If you "stay n fly", ask lotsa shuttle questions. We won't be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MBFullman
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will reconsider staying with us again so we can provide you with the service I know we are capable of. Thank you again and wishing you safe travels.
Oakdale, Connecticut
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Just checked in, they gave me my room key and said my room was on 2nd floor, elevators are behind you. Walk over and found elevators broken for 2 weeks. Usually not issue except just had cast taken off fractured wrist 2 days ago. A young man near the elevator offered to carry up my bag.
I called from my room and asked the same girl who handed me the key if she knew the elevators were down, she said YES. I asked her why she told me where the elevators where? No response, silence, no apology. I asked if someone could help me with my bags in am. She said help would be there
I will update you later. Why could she of told the truth RE elevators???

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear valued guest, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our elevator is in the process of being repaired and we appreciate you sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you safe travels.
Genneteil, France
Reviewed June 1, 2014

..for a nights stay. Room is clean, plenty of towels provided. Nothing special but nothing to complain about. The lift wasn't working but they offer to carry the bags upstairs. Used as a base hotel for a prepaid tour so I can't really comment on value etc because I didn't pay directly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!