“You get what you pay for, not what you're promised.”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“You get what you pay for, not what you're promised.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I thought I was getting a great deal on this hotel. The hotel's website promised a range of amenities such as "hot breakfast", indoor pool, and hot tub. When we arrived we asked about the pool and were told they didn't have one. After a little exploring we found where the pool was, but it was closed off. It was still shown on the map of the hotel and listed in the hotel information guide in the room.

We also expected a "hot breakfast buffet" which specifically mentioned waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, etc. Instead, we found some cereal and a basic muffing/bagel/toast assortment.

While the price I paid was reasonable for what we got, I was very disappointed at the false advertising. If I had not been expecting those things this review would be a 3 star; the rest of the stay was fine - the bed was reasonably comfortable, room was clean, the property seemed safe and well kept up and the location is convenient.

Overall: Recommended if you just need a simple place to stay for a reasonable price, but don't expect to get what's advertised.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brian T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Pros: Close to several restaurants, half mile from highway
Cons: Many, see below.

I stayed in this hotel with my family while passing through Denver. I stepped over the mud puddles in the lobby (to be fair, it had snowed) and up to the desk. The front desk clerk informed me that our room was on the third floor. When I asked for a first floor room because I had a 7 month old with me, the clerk repeated "Your room is on the third floor" more firmly, as if bracing for battle. I decided to let it go and lugged my child and her pack 'n' play and our luggage up two flights of stairs because the elevator was out of order.

I arrived to a basic hotel room. The room had no tub, only a shower, which made it difficult (although somewhat entertaining) to give the baby a bath. The shower head needed a good CLR treatment, but otherwise the room was adequate. The Wi-Fi may as well have been non-existent, as I was knocked offline four times in thirty or so minutes while trying to get some work done.

I got the room for free through Choice Rewards and I wish I had paid to stay somewhere else. Rude staff, deferred maintenance, and a lack of anything better than I could get at any other hotel got me upset enough to write my first review here. I hope this dissuades some readers from staying here.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank WildBillK
tx
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I only needed a simple place to stay for a quick overnight, one with a clean room, comfortable bed and airport shuttle for my early morning DIA departure. So I was not envisioning anything special beyond that. Was I pleasantly surprised! From the moment I booked the room, to the moment the shuttle driver delivered me to the airport, everything and everyone at this hotel was top notch--friendly, professional, tastefully decorated. The staff went out of their way to serve me, by phone and in person. The breakfast was good. The shuttle arrived on time, the ride to the airport was short and efficient. I travel to, and through, Denver often. I am glad to have found a place so convenient, comfortable, reasonably priced, professional, and pleasant, with a complimentary shuttle to boot. I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jgsl
Harshaw WI
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have traveled out of Denver many times and usually have taken the shuttle from Fort Collins to DIA. This time we were on an early flight to Hawaii and decided to opt for a stay-park & fly arrangement so we wouldn't make a very long day even longer. The Sleep Inn worked out great as the location was convenient to several evening eating places, parking was right at the hotel and the shuttle to the airport was free. Total cost was less than $120 for both of us and we had a good night's rest without having to pay that at least that amount for cab fare and shuttle. The ride to the airport was very short and we had no trouble making connections when we returned.

We were not expecting a fancy room though it was very nice and clean. The personnel at the desk were very professional and willing to help with any questions. Breakfast was light but not expecting more for the price paid. We highly recommend and will undoubtedly use this location again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It's a two-star. That means clean and little else, and it was. I don't expect a lot from two-stars, but sheets that aren't scratchy would have been nice. So would real orange juice with the minimal continental breakfast, rather than the Tang they serve. It is convenient to the airport, but so are a lot nicer hotels for the same price.

Room Tip: Stay at the Quality Inn on Tower Road instead.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed her on October 29, 2013 because I had an early flight out of DIA. The hotel is close to the airport and Pena Blvd. is just a few blocks away. The room was very clean. The front desk staff were very professional. The morning I left I realized I had left my jacket in my room and called the front desk right away. I told them what room I was in and if they could save it for me as I would be returning in 7 days. The front desk clerk said no problem and when I arrived back from my trip they had it waiting for me. I was very happy I will stay there again. The breakfast was good and the amenities were nice. Thanks Sleep Inn !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JJ81101
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Perfect hotel for Denver lay over. Clean rooms. Adequate breakfast. Frequent shuttle service to airport. It takes about fifteen minutes. Friendly staff. Has a pool and gym, not too bad.Can't get any better than this for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shelly H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!