“we stayed again”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“we stayed again”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very clean. Very quiet, convenient, with a polite and helpful front desk. The gal running the breakfast room was beyond fantastic. Ultra clean and set up over a half hour early for folks catching an early flight out. Check out her condiments baskets....

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Spicewood, TX
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I’m a weekly business traveler and I’ve been loyal to this hotel chain for 12 years, but my allegiance is about to be reevaluated.
When I checked in on July 18th, the desk agent could not find my reservation and told me I had no-showed on a July 13th reservation. Well, July 13th was last Saturday, and I was at home, in Texas. I flew to Denver on the 15th. This is the second time the Choice Hotels online reservation system has changed my arrival and departure date without my knowledge. There’s something wrong with their system that causes the reservation dates change. I have been burned one time before, but that particular hotel was kind enough to apply my no-show charge to my stay upon check-in. Since then, I have been meticulously checking the dates in the Choice Hotel system so this doesn’t happen again, and I’ve had to change several dates during the on-screen process. But the dates did change; this substandard hotel would not apply the no-show charge, so I paid double. They told me to call Choice Hotels, which I did, and spoke with a terrible analyst who cared little about my problem. She said they would ‘investigate and look at a screen shot of my reservation page to determine the displayed date when I hit the confirm button. I expected her to apologize, call the hotel and issue a credit, not question my integrity. Choice Hotels has an extremely second-rate customer relations department and their online support is typically and consistently non-responsive.
Well, that’s my Choice Hotels gripe, and now I would like to encourage anyone who is considering booking this hotel to stay away.
• The front desk agent was not sympathetic to my reservation date change predicament. There was only one room left, and it was not the type of room I had reserved.
• The parking here is grossly insufficient. Cars were creatively parked everywhere, including grassy areas.
• The internet service was unusable. It was dial-up slow. I lost an entire evening of productivity. Impossible downloads, and extremely slow operation. I called the front desk. They told me something had been reset, and to try it in a few minutes. That was a useless call because the system’s speed never improved, and I knew her reply was bogus. For $129 per night, you would think the internet service would be functional.
• They have old CRT TVs. Now, I never watch TV, have no use for it except for a few football games during the season, so it didn’t matter to me what kind of TV they had. But for $129 per night, they should have modern TVs.
• The next morning, I went down to the lobby for coffee. I’m a coffee snob, so I had already lowered my expectations. The coffee had a nice aroma, but was very weak. Yuk. I poured it out. No problem, I’ll just go back to my room and brew some stronger stuff. No coffee maker in the room. For $129 per night, I expect the room to have a coffee maker.
• When I checked out, the desk agent never smiled or asked me how my stay was. Choice Hotels needs a customer service makeover.
I am a customer service representative for a large corporation, and have been for 29 years. I get it, and I still respond to every customer the same way I did 29 years ago. Choice Hotels must have more customers than they need because they sure don’t foster any repeat business with their attitude.
Find a different hotel if you are in the Denver Airport area.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying here because of other reviews, but it was convenient and not too costly. I had been stuck at the airport for 2 days, looking at one more. I needed a hotel, and this fit the bill fine. The room was clean and I had two queen beds although I only needed one. The area was nice enough to walk in. The staff was extremely organized and used a system of ledgers and highlighters to make sure that everything requested and needed was done. My bone of contention was the breakfast. Breakfast begins at 6 a.m. Several of us were leaving on the 6:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The breakfast staff just arrived at 6 a.m. So while they were setting up and making coffee, everyone was reaching around trying to get something to eat because of the time limit. Staff need to have everything SET UP and done at 6 a.m. Also, no pool. There were several kids and teens there that seemed to have nothing to. Sign said they were renovating for ADA purposes. Not wise during the main swim season. How many people are disabled that expect a pool to be compliant during a quick stay? The shuttles were provided and convenient. However, one had no air (opting to run the fan blowing hot air) and a huge crack across the window. He offered us a bottle of cold water. Then after everyone had the water he made sure that we knew he purchased that water out of his own pocket. Nothing like feeling like you had to tip plus. Second shuttle was a little better but had a crack across the window also. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only the handicap rooms have a tub, so if that is something you want you will have to request one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are tiny, however they were clean. It was affordable , and close to the airport. The pillows are tiny too. Don't expect to get more than 2 people in the 1queen bedroom. Best thing is they have a free shuttle to the airport and u can park there for $5 a night.

1 Thank Angie A
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight home, and while there were no frills, we found the place very clean, comfortable and convenient. Breakfast was simple but good. I would stay at Sleep Inn again.

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Horrible cigarette stench ,pillows were awful room old and outdated had that old smell.breakfast awful plastic tubs of butter and cream cheese that everyone handled really gross .So not worth the money paid ,just awful

1 Thank michaela1117
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of his trip and were pleasantly suprised. It's nothing special but the rate was cheap and the room was comfortable. The breakfast was OK and the staff was helpful when I had questions. We booked the hotel again before our departure, also because of the convenient location close to the hotel and restaurants. If you want to stay somewhere cheap but good in the Denver Airport area, you should consider this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antonettes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!