“Good for the price!”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The only room left was a smoking room... And we don't smoke. The girl at the front desk was really sweet, though, and gave me some air freshener since there weren't any non-smoking rooms available. I also had to take my room key back to the front desk because I couldn't get it to open the door. She made a brand new key for me to try, and it kinda worked. On my way to dinner, I told her it worked, but I have to put the card in about 3 times before the door unlocks. She told me she'd have someone check it out. Honestly, I didn't believe her. Not because she wasn't nice, but mostly because she didn't ask for my room number. I was wrong! Maintenance came to my room and I showed him how the key doesn't work very well. He cleaned the lock, and it worked great!
While I didn't care, I thought I should add that the pool is out of service (June 2013). I also can't comment on breakfast or the shuttle since I didn't use them. The parking lot was somewhat full, but we still found a great spot for the night. There are many fast food and sit-down restaurants nearby, and this hotel is close to the Denver Airport. You can also use their computer in the lobby and print your boarding pass!

Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

When my usual motel at the airport raised prices to something out of line, I decided to check for others near the airport that allowed me to stay and then leave my car until my return.

Sleep Inn was less than half the cost of the other motel, even with a $5 per day charge for leaving the car, but just as clean, staff was just as pleasant and while a bit smaller room, just as comfortable I have a new favorite airport motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel is in an area close to other airport hotels; many fast food/restaurants within walking distance. Room was clean; complimentary breakfast (cereal, donuts and breads, oatmeal, coffee/tea, bananas) was plentiful. Shuttle service to airport. Reception very cordial and welcoming. Will stay there again as clearly a budget choice where amenities are limited but needs are met. Pool under repair so not available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you're interested in using their airport shuttle service, sleep elsewhere. If you're willing to make your own way there, perhaps consider paying $59 for a night. The airport shuttle driver left people behind including myself, when the hotel called to confirm that others were left behind. The assured me a second shuttle would be coming. Needless to say, 1 hour and 15 minutes later, the diver appeared. The van was already half full (he picks up on one side, then the other), and 2 guests were unable to fit. The driver was simply going to leave them behind, despite this being the LAST shuttle of the night. I'm still unsure how things worked out for the couple. The hardest part to deal with was the poor communication with the hotel staff including 2 undelivered promises of a telephone call with an update on the shuttle status.

The check in process was relatively quick, but impersonal. The walls and ceiling are paper thin...so if you're a light sleeper...sleep elsewhere. This is clearly an old Travelodge just slightly more run down.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel if you want to stay near the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank djstatic
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights. My first night was not good. It was one of the hottest days of the year in Colorado at 106 and even though I had my ac on high, the room had to be in the high 80s. I was exhausted and tried to make do with the room. I ended up staying a 2nd night which was much better than the 1st night. That room that I stayed in was much cooler. The staff were also helpful in making arrangements at the last minute for the 2nd night. I would have rated this hotel higher if my first night had not been so uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My stay was not happy. Not only did the front desk take my I.d but they still called me the wrong name even though it was right there. Then they didn't even bother to mention that the pool was down and had t o walk across the street to use the other hotels pool. Always the breakfast wasn't even worth free. I was happy with the price but after my stay I feel it was too much money

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family