“Terrible Customer Service”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I used this hotel through Onestopparking.com to park my car while i was out of town. While I thought I was saving money, the receptionist/front desk clerk, Bayla (I think? was working the night of 3.22.12 at approx 11:00pm and later) cost me over $30 in taxi fees.

I called several times as my flight was headed towards denver trying to make sure the shuttle would pick me up, as my flight got in at 11:30 pm and the shuttle stopped at 11:45pm. Every time I called she said "ummmmm, just call when you get there". I was extremely nervous as my flight got delayed. I called at 11:43pm (within the parameters of the contract, though not convenient), when I asked for the shuttle to meet me she said "ummmmm, hold on". I preceded to wait for 9 minutes on hold before hanging up and calling back. When I called back and asked what happened she didn't asnwer. I asked where the shuttle would be, she said "ummmmm, I don't really know". After several attempts of getting an honest answer she said he went home for the the night. I asked her how this could be remedied, as I had a contract to be picked up and she put me on hold until after the service had "ended". She said I don't know what to tell you, it starts again at 4:15am. I asked her to send me a taxi and bill it to them, she said no. This continued on for several minutes, I asked for managers, she refused, every time I asked for her to correct the error on their part she could only answer with it wasn't her problem.

She was extremely rude, had a lack of speaking ability, and in my opinion, both the driver and she dropped the ball on a contractual agreement.

My $24 reservation has now turned into $60.

I will never reserve at this location again.

As the representative for the Sleep Inn she is a terrible clerk and should not be allowed to behave that way towards a customer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DianaL233

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have used this motel several times in the past years, particularly when needing to leave a car. We had a quick night's layover on Feb 16th, so I used my Choice points for the night. I called the Choice reservation line to make the res, and was told the shuttle ran from 345 am to 1245 am. This was at 1145 pm. I was put on hold to double check, then told to catch the Crown Plaza shuttle.?? I took the Crown Plaza shuttle, and the driver had no clue why I was on there, but took me to the Sleep Inn.
We got a good night's sleep and the room was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was rough, with tiny bagels, doughnuts, and cereal...all carbs and cheap stuff, and the cleaners decided to clean the foyer, keeping the doors open from about 845 til 945, freezing everyone in the breakfast room out.
I tried to print my boarding pass, and the computer was siezed up and nonfunctional.
The shuttle to the airport was on time and efficient, although the driver acted half asleep.
This motel just seemed uncoordinated this trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swampfoxcws
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had to be at the airport before 5 a.m., so we got a call at 4:30, quickly went downstairs and the shuttle was waiting for us. We were leaving our car for a week and were told where to park so that it would be lighted at all times. Our room was very quiet, no noise from adjoining rooms or the hall. Our only disappointment was that we were not told that we had to call the hotel for a shuttle when we returned -- we just assumed that they would be by every 30 - 45 minutes. It was there to get us about 15 minutes after we called and let us off right at our vehicle. We will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank wyteach
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Very clean and comfortable for a room before an early morning flight. Great rate and shuttle service included.

The heater was a little loud, but easy to work around.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WRGDenver
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We just got back from our Thanksgiving holiday and had a great experience with the Sleep Inn. For $99 spent one night and parked our car for five days. Had no time issues with the shuttle and customer service was very friendly. Breakfast included mini bagels, coffee, donuts, cereal, and oatmeal ( I think there was some fruit). My ONLY complaint was that the pillows were kind of uncomfortable (but I'm a picky pillow person).

What you have to realize is that this place isn't a Marriott or Hilton. If you want either of those than go stay there and pay $200+ for one nights stay. You pay for what you get. The hotel was clean and had all the basic things you need. If you want a red carpet rolled out for you and staff to kiss your a** you got the wrong place.

Front desk personnel was very friendly, as were the shuttle drivers. In fact one of the shuttle drivers was sharing some of her horrible experiences with rude customers. Have realistic expectations people!! You are travelling, you need to arrive to the airport early, and there are ALWAYS delays!

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you don't mind the walk - stay at the end of the hall. We heard people rolling in after us wi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelflyer
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We ended up here when our flight out of Edmonton Alberta was cancelled to Puerto Vallarta and we were stuck taking three flights on US carriers to get there the next day. The shuttle was on call which is not 6 minutes more like 20 minutes from the airport, If the shuttle is part way to the hotel it has to turn back to pick people up, Not happy for people exhausted and trying to get to the hotel, it was very basic and our cell phones would not work in the room but they worked everywhere else before this. The phone in the room would not let us call out and the front desk said there was nothing they could do and the WiFi was non existant so we could not talk to our family to let them know we were safe. They never gave us our wake up call for 3:30 AM but thankfully we were up. I think there are better quality places to stay for the same money but you get what you paid for ....interesting enough this room rate was double the price then what they told us it was when we checked in . She said the nighly rate was 45.00 a night but hotwire charged us 82.00...this place was not worth this price but it was better than sleeping in the airport

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rlmptl
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We just returned from a great vacation..plane actually got in early. Called for the shuttle pick up to go back to the Sleep Inn and retrieve our vehicle. The person on the phone said they would pick us up in less than 30 minutes. We waited on the curb and at 45 minutes we called the hotel again. After holding for a while, she came back to say they would pick us up very shortly. After another 20 minutes I called again. Again I got put on hold and was then told that a shuttle from another hotel would pick us up. This would have been fine, but they didn't show either. The third time I called it was pretty angry and got put on hold forever. I hung up & called back. She said the Sleep Inn's van would be there in 5 minutes. In 10 minutes we saw him dropping other passengers who were outbound and he said he's be back shortly. About 10-15 min later he finally show2ed up and said he forgot us on his 2 previous trips to drop people off. Didn't seem to care if we were upset. I will NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN. Room was fine the night before our trip, but we had to carry our luggage up the stairs because the elevator was broken. It was disappointing to come home from a relaxing vacation and have this negative experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple