“Our room was $100 and I was really disappointed in the quality.”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Wichita, Kansas
“Our room was $100 and I was really disappointed in the quality.”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

When we checked in the staff was rude, the rooms were like rooms you would find in a $50 or $60 dollar motel. The room we had in Colorado Springs was nicer and more plush for less money..

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We chose this hotel as a Choice member, we could stay free for the night. I'm glad we didn't pay for this hotel as the walls were sooo thin I could hear people coughing and talking in the middle of the night. Super noisy upstairs. Breakfast buffet, yes I know it is free, but compared to a Sleep Inn we stayed at in Moab, was very poor. Hotel smelled like Smoke. It wasn't a deal breaker as we only had to get through one night, but probably wouldn't go back or suggest...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Its a normal hotel for a night waiting for you morning flight at Denver's International Airport...
The services is ok and the room and furniture are a little bit old!! You have vending machines on every floor and breakfast in the lobby!
I pick this hotel for the price and the included airport shuttle!

Room Tip: The Airport Shuttle is the key for this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here after missing a flight out one night. Has a shuttle to the airport. Shuttle was prompt. Friendly staff. The furnishings are inexpensive, bar bones in the rooms. Ice machines only on alternate floors. Breakfast was very basic choices. The location has some restaurants to choose from. Better and more choices than the motels on Tower Rd. Chose this hotel for cheap room, but not sure I'd stay in it again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Denver International Airport in April 2011 during a cross-country drive for work relocation. I have waited several weeks to post a review because I wanted to try all other channels to resolve the theft of items from my room before posting a negative review of the hotel and its staff. Having been rebuffed by both hotel staff and Choice Hotels corporate customer service, I figure the most useful thing I can do now is caution other people away from staying here.

When I resumed my drive after staying, I was two hours outside of Aurora, CO when I realized I had left my wedding band on the nightstand in my room. I called the staff and the woman at the front desk wanted to wait until later to go to my room and check for the ring, but I persisted that she check immediately and she agreed. She came back and said that, yes, she had found my ring. I asked what would be easiest for her for return, and she said that she could mail to my address on file. I asked her to charge me for postage, she said she would. I asked if she needed anything else and she said she did not.

After two weeks, my ring had still not arrived. I called back and spoke to the same woman. She insisted that she had mailed the ring immediately after we spoke and would not provide further detail. Another week passed and I had not received my ring, so I called and asked to speak to the hotel's manager. I spoke with him, he agreed that too much time had passed for the ring to have been mailed as I was told and assured me he would follow up with the proper employee. After a week of not hearing from him, I called back and once again spoke with the manager. He told me that in the past week the employee I had spoke with had quit and moved to Baghdad, Iraq. That may be true, but I imagine if you are living in the green zone you still have access to both internet and phone through which the hotel would have a reasonably easy time of following up. Instead, the manager told me that he was not going to follow the theft any further and that was that.

At this point, being severely disappointed, I waited a few more days before deciding to call Choice Hotel's corporate customer service. They require a several day wait before responding to customer complaints, so I have finally just had the opportunity to speak with a representative as well as someone that was referred to only as a "specialist." Both told me that this was a hotel-level issue, and that corporate will take no action on complaints against their hotels. The only other information they would provide me is that my complaint was forwarded to the hotel owner, who - I was told - had seen it and decided to take no action.

So that was that. No one at the hotel willing to follow through on the theft of my wedding ring. No one from corporate willing to speak to the hotel owner or staff. And I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated that someone stole my wedding ring and all other parties essentially washed their hands of it. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. Stay somewhere with a more honest staff and better management.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Paul_A_551
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed May 6, 2011

all in all an ok over nighter. advertised as free parking, but that only applies when actually staying at the hotel, not while travelling. was charged 5 dollars a day. the shuttle was great and the drivers always friendly!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank EMF60
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Their website said shuttle service until 12:45am. Our flight was delayed over 2 hours, and we called them before hand (around 10pm) to let them know. They said, "no problem, call us when you land". We landed at 12:20am, and they said they had no shuttles, "maybe you can find a ride on another shuttle for a different airport". When we asked which one, they said they didn't know. They refused to refund our money, and were extremely rude, from the night desk person to the day-time manger when I called back. They are NOT honest, they are NOT friendly, and STAY AWAY!!!!!! Spend $10 or $20 and go ANYWHERE ELSE. I have worked in hotel service and travel a lot and can honestly say this was the WORST experience EVER. AGAIN, THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE ON EVERY LEVEL IMAGINABLE!
Very rude staff, uncooperative, terrible.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brian-BZD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Residence Inn Denver Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!