“Average Hotel... Little Pricey!”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Its a normal hotel for a night waiting for you morning flight at Denver's International Airport...
The services is ok and the room and furniture are a little bit old!! You have vending machines on every floor and breakfast in the lobby!
I pick this hotel for the price and the included airport shuttle!

Room Tip: The Airport Shuttle is the key for this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here after missing a flight out one night. Has a shuttle to the airport. Shuttle was prompt. Friendly staff. The furnishings are inexpensive, bar bones in the rooms. Ice machines only on alternate floors. Breakfast was very basic choices. The location has some restaurants to choose from. Better and more choices than the motels on Tower Rd. Chose this hotel for cheap room, but not sure I'd stay in it again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Denver International Airport in April 2011 during a cross-country drive for work relocation. I have waited several weeks to post a review because I wanted to try all other channels to resolve the theft of items from my room before posting a negative review of the hotel and its staff. Having been rebuffed by both hotel staff and Choice Hotels corporate customer service, I figure the most useful thing I can do now is caution other people away from staying here.

When I resumed my drive after staying, I was two hours outside of Aurora, CO when I realized I had left my wedding band on the nightstand in my room. I called the staff and the woman at the front desk wanted to wait until later to go to my room and check for the ring, but I persisted that she check immediately and she agreed. She came back and said that, yes, she had found my ring. I asked what would be easiest for her for return, and she said that she could mail to my address on file. I asked her to charge me for postage, she said she would. I asked if she needed anything else and she said she did not.

After two weeks, my ring had still not arrived. I called back and spoke to the same woman. She insisted that she had mailed the ring immediately after we spoke and would not provide further detail. Another week passed and I had not received my ring, so I called and asked to speak to the hotel's manager. I spoke with him, he agreed that too much time had passed for the ring to have been mailed as I was told and assured me he would follow up with the proper employee. After a week of not hearing from him, I called back and once again spoke with the manager. He told me that in the past week the employee I had spoke with had quit and moved to Baghdad, Iraq. That may be true, but I imagine if you are living in the green zone you still have access to both internet and phone through which the hotel would have a reasonably easy time of following up. Instead, the manager told me that he was not going to follow the theft any further and that was that.

At this point, being severely disappointed, I waited a few more days before deciding to call Choice Hotel's corporate customer service. They require a several day wait before responding to customer complaints, so I have finally just had the opportunity to speak with a representative as well as someone that was referred to only as a "specialist." Both told me that this was a hotel-level issue, and that corporate will take no action on complaints against their hotels. The only other information they would provide me is that my complaint was forwarded to the hotel owner, who - I was told - had seen it and decided to take no action.

So that was that. No one at the hotel willing to follow through on the theft of my wedding ring. No one from corporate willing to speak to the hotel owner or staff. And I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated that someone stole my wedding ring and all other parties essentially washed their hands of it. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. Stay somewhere with a more honest staff and better management.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul_A_551
Reviewed May 6, 2011

all in all an ok over nighter. advertised as free parking, but that only applies when actually staying at the hotel, not while travelling. was charged 5 dollars a day. the shuttle was great and the drivers always friendly!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank EMF60
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Their website said shuttle service until 12:45am. Our flight was delayed over 2 hours, and we called them before hand (around 10pm) to let them know. They said, "no problem, call us when you land". We landed at 12:20am, and they said they had no shuttles, "maybe you can find a ride on another shuttle for a different airport". When we asked which one, they said they didn't know. They refused to refund our money, and were extremely rude, from the night desk person to the day-time manger when I called back. They are NOT honest, they are NOT friendly, and STAY AWAY!!!!!! Spend $10 or $20 and go ANYWHERE ELSE. I have worked in hotel service and travel a lot and can honestly say this was the WORST experience EVER. AGAIN, THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE ON EVERY LEVEL IMAGINABLE!
Very rude staff, uncooperative, terrible.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian-BZD
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Great hotel...after a long bad day traveling we found the sleep inn. we were not sure we would even to be able to get to Denver for a funeral due to weather issues. We did not have a hotel were supposed to drive an hour to friends. Called the Sleep inn denver airport from a phone in the airport because we did not get in until midnight. The check in was so pleasant ...the room though not fancy was very clean and quiet...and warm in winter and we were easily able to adjust the temperature as the night went on. the breakfast attendant was pleasant. Food was fine...nice bagels fresh oranges...and the normal stuff... computer in the lobby where I printed my return tickets for .25. They also had great free wireless..nice little pool. indoor... we went to our funeral and it started to snow. So we stayed another night. Returned rental car and used the shuttle. Drivers were so polite and pleasant....needed to eat and even though the shuttle driver offered to drive us.. we walked two blocks to the Urban sombero...the key holder gave us 25% off on our food order..they also had discounts for outback and applebees three blocks away...7 eleven and liqour store the same distance and the liquor store promised to deliver to the hotel. early plane and the shuttle driver and trip was so easy...I heartily recommend this hotel. So rare that a very reasonable hotel gets it all right.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Pre-booked room using Choice Hotels loyalty card points (16000). Modern hotel with large Reception are and breakfast room. We were allocated third floor room with TV, clock radio, hairdryer and coffee maker. The windows opened (we prefer fresh air to a/c) and there was only a small shower cubicle (typical for Sleep Inn). Unfortunately, smokers tended to gather outside the Reception area directly under our open window, especially after dark. Hotel has a shuttle van to/from Denver International Airport. Two light fittings in the room were defective and this was reported, although no action was taken. Breakfast was rather poor with expired items not replenished: choice of 2 juice and only one highly coloured cereal (alternative - just the empty box), small pastries and bagels - but no bread for the toaster. Only oranges as fruit and the coffee had run out. We had to drop off our rental car before flying. Receptionist suggested we did this in the evening, as they would be less busy, and arranged for their shuttle van to collect us afterwards. Receptionist was also very helpful in suggesting restaurant for dinner. So - a mixed review - both good and not so good!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!