“definitely worth the search!”
Review of Cafe Paprika

Cafe Paprika
Ranked #6 of 723 Restaurants in Aurora
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fair Oaks, California
“definitely worth the search!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

It's tucked way back in a strip mall but once you're inside, you're treated to a comfortable oasis of lovely service by the owner Chakib, beautiful murals, and outstanding food from traditional Moroccan harrira tomato/lentil/chickpea soup to chicken bastilla (savory chicken wrapped in phyllo dough) to m'hencha (almond paste dessert like baklava) with homemade berry and orange blossom sauce plus Middle Eastern treats like homemade falafal sandwiches with paprika fries. Super reasonable prices, quick service. We ate there twice in two days! They also do special catering like a private dinner on Christmas eve for 30. I will go back every time I'm in the Denver area :)

• Visited December 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“Very good food, personal touch, memorable meal”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We happened upon this little place by chance while traveling. Atmosphere modest and pleasant, happy and pleased guests around us who were repeat customers. Owner personally served us and was very friendly. Food was very good and prices reasonable. The restaurant was actually featured in the local paper that day! We'd recommend it!

• Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Really good food, charm in a tiny setting”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've lived less than 2 miles from this place for more than a decade and had never tried it. The location in a tiny strip mall always discouraged me. Finally gave it a try, and now I'm annoyed at myself for not going sooner. It's going to be on our regular rotation now. The menu was super easy to understand, too, which is always a plus for families. Yes, the room is tiny. It was less than half full on a Friday night – we walked right in and were seated. The owner, Chakib, was incredibly friendly to us, made recommendations, and took care of us with great care the entire time. (He's quite proud of his restaurant, which is always a plus for me on a place like this.) My teenage son fell in love with the hearty gyro he ordered, and he's almost never happy with food quantity. Overall, I'd highly recommend you try it. There are lots of little spots like this in Aurora, and many look like they were decorated by Party City. This place is much nicer than those and a winner in our family's opinion. Welcoming, tasty, friendly.

• Visited August 2012
United States
“The Best Chicken Bastilla!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Whenever I fly out to Aurora, I make it a point to stop here for the hummus and chicken bastilla.
The restaurant is on the small side, and it's not a quick dining experience, so go with friends or family and enjoy the evening out. If I'm in a hurry, I just call to order it as takeout and pick it up on my way back to the hotel. The only bad thing... it is not open 7 days a week. On occasion, I've even gotten an extra bastilla to eat the next day for lunch on my flight home.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank MaxYourLife
Arvada, Colorado
“EXCELLENT MEDITERRANEAN FLAVOR”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family had lunch at the Cafe Paprika to experience Moroccan & Mediterranean cuisine. What a great choice. We started with two appetizers - Bastilla & Humus (can't remember name). Both were excellent choices. Then off the dinner menu the combination plate, tajuines w/lamb, & the kabob w/artichoke & olives. We found the food to be of excellent quality. You must like a high level of spice because each dish is loaded. They provided us a complimentary bean soup to try which was very good but unique to anything we have tried before. The staff was very courteous and tended to all out needs. The restaurant is a little small so you might call ahead to insure you can get a table. Price was what we expected for this type of food but didn't mind paying it because of the quality of the food. Definitely will go back. Good experience.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Cafe Paprika? Share your experiences!