“Short but Sweet”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay in the hotel was short but sweet! The staff was pleasant, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were very clean and spacious. The next time I stay, I will make sure to have time to enjoy the lovely pool and hot tub area. I would recommend this hotel with no problems! THANKS!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. You have given us the highest compliment possible! You would stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton- Denver Aurora again! Thank you. And, thank you for your compliments about our service and your guest room. I look forward to your next stay. If I can be of help with a future reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The motel is showing signs of wear, not sure if that is from the lack of caring or the lack of funds spent on repairs. Could be that the Staff don't feel bought in to the mission of the motel. Our room had obvious signs of water damage and there was a musky to mildew smell in the room. The room service that had delivered several trays prior to our check-in still had not picked up one tray at the end of the hall. There was a glass ( double size) outside our room the entire time of our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your review. It is extremely important that I hear from guests as it gives me unfiltered information as to what we are doing well and where improvement is needed. I very much appreciate your feedback. Throughout 2014, we will continue our plans and projects to keep the hotel updated. Also, I have passed on your comments to our Outlets Supervisor about the delayed pickup of room service trays. I apologize for our lack of timeliness. Please have the confidence in us that the problem has been corrected. I do hope that you will soon have the opportunity to stay with us again. I think you will see firsthand our continuing efforts to keep the hotel looking fresh. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is older but clean and serviceable. The staff was the highlight from check-in to early morning coffee. Room coffee maker delivered cloudy, chunky water due to lack of use I am sure. Desk clerk got me a cup of coffee from the kitchen prior to 6 am opening. New coffee maker was in the room for the next early morning. Staff was friendly and met each need.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. We very much appreciate the feedback. Your kind comments about the service you received will certainly be shared with our team. And, while I am disappointed to see that you were inconvenienced by the in-room coffee maker, I am pleased to see that it was promptly replaced. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to stay with us again. I am happy to assist with your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My mother was having surgery at Porter hospital. She and my step-father had been staying in the Doubletree for a week prior to that, and would be staying another week after she was released. I opted to stay at this location during the days my mother was recovering from her surgery.

I met various members of the staff once. They all recognized me throughout my brief visit and frequently inquired after my mother's wellbeing. All of them were very friendly and their service was nothing shy of exceptional from the room service to the house keepers to the front desk and the bar.

I've stayed at Doubletrees before, but none of them left such an impression of being a valued guest as this one accomplished.

My room was very clean. My bed was incredibly comfortable. The food was amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

First and most importantly, I wish your mother a swift and full recovery. And, thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. All the team here is very appreciative of your kind feedback. And, I am happy to see in your review that our team was able to provide you comfort during your stay with us. I’m also pleased to see you found your room “very clean” and the “food amazing”. Again, thank you. If you are in need of a future reservation, please feel free to contact me at David.garon@Hilton.com.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed for three nights and it was well worth the cost. We used none of the services but had a few issues. When we arrived, there was a used hand towel draped over the shower curtain and it stayed there until our second day. I had a bottle opener from South Lake Tahoe that disappeared on our first day. Also, while in-room coffee is good, they did not replace it our second night. The warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival is a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for your 4 for 5 review of our hotel. And, thank you for your business. I am sorry to hear and do apologize for our lack of attention to detail in our Housekeeping services. I will be personally speaking with our team members in Housekeeping to remind them of the required focus to insure every room is prepared and/or refreshed properly every day. I hope that you will soon have the opportunity to stay with us again. If I can be of help with a reservation, please reach out to me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The driver failed to notify me on multiple occasions the hotel policies: 1) that the hotel had a 5mile criteria for complimentary services and 2) that the shuttle was out of service for an hour after I was dropped off at another location. While the complimentary services are much appreciated, the failure of the employees to be well versed in hotel policies was very frustrating. Front desk was not very accommodating when we voiced our complaints. Rooms were otherwise impeccable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay of our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated and provide important feedback as to what we are doing well and what we can do to improve. Please accept my apology for our failure to adequately communicate the arrival and departure times of our shuttle as well as the areas our local shuttle serves. We are pleased to offer a complimentary shuttle to and from Denver International Airport as well as within a 5-Mile radius of our hotel. Our front desk, open, 24 hours a day, can provide additional information about our transportation services and also make shuttle reservations. Should you be returning to the area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can be of help with your next reservation, I am available to assist at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My son and I needed to get a hotel room close to the airport as to avoid the impending snow storm that was hitting Breckenrdige. I was using Hilton Honors points, and was extremely surprised and pleased to find this hotel for only 20,000 points. It was a very clean and modern looking hotel, and even my son commmented how nice it was for so little points. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your 5 for 5 review. And, thank you for choosing our hotel. I am so glad you and your son had a good experience. You have given us a very high compliment as you say you would stay with us again. I look forward to your return. If I can assist with your next reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.