“Helpful staff”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff was able to accurately direct me to an urgent care facility when my co-worker became ill during our stay. They were friendly and courteous. The facility was clean, the conference rooms were fine. Connectivity was available in the conference center.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. Our Front Desk team is available 24 hours a day to assist with the unexpected as well as help our guests be comfortable and cared for when away from home. And, thank you for your comment about the cleanliness of the hotel. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to return to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Please feel free to contact me for your reservation needs. I would be happy to assist. I can be reached at David.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hilton is never going to be bad unless your very, very, unlucky. Complimentary Shuttle takes around 25 minutes, so ring to request pickup while your getting your bags at DIA and know where to pick it up. door 511 island 3. Hotel reception is painless and quick. Rooms are clean with all the facilities. We stayed in a king suite which was huge to be honest. Yes I would agree rooms are quite dark, more light would help. Pool was ok my wife had her morning swim and had the place to herself. Being from the UK we are used to a full English breakfast which means in the USA something totally different. you will not starve but it could have been better. eggs were cool and bacon overdone but plenty of choice for pastries bread etc. There are shops around the Doubletree, a 7 eleven, subway, and a liquor store for those essentials. overall it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your review and for your business. Yes, it is important that guests arriving at the airport who need transportation to the hotel call the hotel to request a shuttle pickup. We are also working to improve the lighting in our guest rooms. Our newly hired Chef is reviewing and working with his culinary team to change and improve the breakfast buffet. Possibly your travels will bring you back to Denver. I hope you would stay with us again. If I can be of assistance with a future reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Found this property by accident as I forgot to book a room for a conference at the Denver Tech Center area which was very expensive. My company had a very attractive rate here, and even though it's about 15 miles from the airport, they still offer free shuttle service. Driver was extremely courteous and professional. Check in, even at a later our was seamless. I was recognized as a HHonors member and welcomed to the property.
It appears the property has undergone a recent facelift with a new hip decor not found in other Double Trees. My room was larger than expected with a great comfortable bed. Work station was comfortable and had adequate electric outlets and lighting. Room was appointed with a large flat screen TV and good cable selection. Internet worked fine and had good speed. HVAC was central and working efficiently and quietly. The room could have used a little more light...but it was fine for working and getting dressed. The bathroom was smaller but clean, and the shower was a little dicey but with some fiddling worked fine in the end. Upgraded soap and shampoo. The bathroom only had one working light, the light above the mirror did not work. Overall a clean, comfortable and affordable room.
The real point of difference at this property was the morning buffet breakfast. Staff was attentive and the buffet had a good selection of egg, meat items, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, fresh fruit and all was well prepared. I would definately stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your positive and very comprehensive review. And, thank you for your kind comments about the service you received as well as our bountiful breakfast buffet. We do believe, here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora, that we do have “business friendly” guest rooms. Our rooms are spacious and comfortable. I hope your travels will soon bring you back to this area. I would be pleased to assist with your next reservation. I am at your service at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The online reservations had a snafu and my room was not reserved. I am glad I called the front desk a couple weeks out as that gave the company that was using this Double Tree time to call and make sure that I got a room. This happened to several in our group and made it so that some had to use other hotels for the conference. This is the only real complaint that I had. The staff was all very helpful. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was nothing out of the norm when it comes to hotels breakfasts, but it was all served hot and had a clean presentation. WHERE the hotel is located is not the most ideal if you want to eat at a nice place in walking distance. Eat at the hotel...trust me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your business and for posting the feedback about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your kind comments about the cleanliness of your guest room and about the service you received, I am also pleased to see you liked our breakfast buffet and menu. I do apologize for the problem with your reservation. Please come back and stay with us again. I am available to personally assist with your next reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The online price was right, service was good, room was clean and well appointed... The only real downfall was the pool, which was not much more than a kiddie pool!

The warm cookies were delicious, too. We probably ate a half dozen during our stay, five more than I needed. But they were free and quite tasty.

• Stayed: September 2013
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review and for your business. I am very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to come back to our hotel. We’ll have more warm cookies for you!! If I can be of help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are Hilton people. We stay at all Hilton hotels but after our experience with Doubletree in Aurora I will have to think twice and three times about booking. The hotel lobby is beautiful and there is no hint of the trouble to come. Our beds were small, the rooms were very dark with inadequate lighting, especially on a rainy day. The amenities for women were very poor. No mirrors outside of the bathroom, very low, poor lighting in the bathroom and I found it very difficult to get ready in the morning. There were only two towel hooks in the bathroom and no literature about saving water, which we found odd given that CO is such a huge green state. My brothers were disappointed with their accommodations and I found myself defending the Hilton brand which I have never had to do. One of my brothers lost his cable connection except for Hilton channel and got no help when he tried to get it back. When we went down to breakfast all of the seats in the dining room were badly stained and the carpet was worn and old. The food was mediocre with stale bread and hard muffins. The hash was downright nasty. The only real bright spot was the staff in the dining area. They were extremely nice. Other than that however I would say we were quite disappointed and given our usual experience with Hilton surprised to be so.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Direct feedback from guests is important to us as it gives us specific information as to what we are doing well and what we need to look at so we can do better. I apologize that you did not like your guest room and we failed to meet your expectations in many areas. We are working to do better. As we are currently making plans for various hotel upgrades, we will certainly try to incorporate your comments into our guest room improvement plans. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel room in this area, you will consider staying with us again. I am confident you will notice positive changes. I would be pleased to assist you in making your arrangements. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while attending the last two home Rockies games of the season. This hotel is very clean and quiet, it is also very easy to access and is close to some great restaurants. We stayed on the six floor and had three very restful nights, we also enjoyed the views from our room. I will definitely place this hotel on our list for a place to stay while visiting the Denver Area. The price and comforts of the hotel far out weigh the 30 minute drive to Coors Field and the $75.00 we saved in parking fees was well spent on a nice lunch.

Thanks to the hotel staff for a comfortable stay at your hotel, the warm cookies was nice surprise when checking in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels they are very quite, I would suggest one on the west side for a v...