DoubleTree Denver Aurora
$104
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
1,081 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesbreakfast buffetnice hotelrestaurant staffbusiness tripbusiness centerbed was comfortablenice stayshuttle serviceupon checkroom was largeairport shuttlemonicadenverlaurarenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Doubletree in Aurora had a decent room for us: clean, a tv, a bed, a bathroom. My complaints: when we went down from breakfast, we were asked, "Do you have coupons? Do you have vouchers?" I don't know how you get the coupons or the vouchers, and no one told us either. So if you don't have the vouchers, a standard fare breakfast buffet is $15.07, or $17 when you include tip. For a $149 room and as a frequent business traveler, this was unheard of to me. And to use the wifi, you got to get another coupon or pay some extra money or join a stupid club so they can email you every day.
That's not competitive. I won't be staying at any Doubletree again. There are too many hotels that provide wifi and give you breakfast without eating up a big chunk of per diem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Your comments about your recent stay are very much appreciated. Please accept my apology for the unsatisfactory greeting you received at breakfast. Recently, we have had a number of groups stay at the hotel where breakfast was included in their rate. Our service team made an error in assuming that all guests had a coupon. We have recently made significant improvements to our guest room wireless internet access and speed. Internet access is complimentary in the hotel’s public areas. And, please note that we do offer packages that bundle room, breakfast and internet access together into one reasonable rate. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Double Tree year after year during our visits to Denver. This last visit, there was a change in management and ongoing reservation. The customer service is non existant. The rooms were unclean with old linens. The waitress was sitting at the bar folding cloth napkins while eating cookies; thus, cleaning her hands on the napkins as she folded them. The Manager was unfriendy and when my husband and I asked if the shuttle was available, he said it was not when it was clearly parked in front. I asked again and he said they had two shuttles and only one driver - very rude and no customer service. We will not be staying there again....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindy2096
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

All of here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora welcome guest reviews. Direct feedback is important as it gives us valuable information as to what we are doing well and where improvement is needed. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Your review has already been shared. Each manager has committed to change and to better train their team members. Important steps have already been put in place so that the shortcomings you encountered should not happen again. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. I am confident you will see improvement. If I can be of assistance with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I got stuck in Denver during "second winter" this April and they were very accomodating when I requested a room for another night. In a rush to the airport the following morning, I left clothes hanging in the closet. I called and spoke with the front desk and they mailed me my clothes the next day! The room was very clean and housekeeping took pride in their work. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank You!! Wow, 5 out of 5!! Your kind comments are very much appreciated. Our front desk and housekeeping teams will hear your praises. I hope you will stay with us again. When you are in of a reservation, I would be pleased to assist. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very enjoyable and will probably return again. It was nice to able to stay and attend the conference in the same facility. Even though the lobby was under construction the staff was very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. You rated us at the highest possible score – 5 out of 5 in all categories. Wow, thank you! And, thank you for your kind comment about our service. The construction work is complete. The lobby and other public spaces are updated and have a fresh new look. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to return to our hotel. When I can be of assistance with a reservation, I will be happy to personally handle your arrangements. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Three key things drive my reviews: good bed, quiet room, and good shower. The beds here are comfy and nice linens. The room was quiet and I even had trashy neighbors but couldn't hear them in my room. The shower though needs a redesign. I'm 5'10 so not very tall and I had to duck and twist about to wash my face and head. The shower head is way too low. They are currently doing construction so it's a quest to get to the elevators. Overall, staff is nice and rooms are good b

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review. I enjoy hearing from recent guests as direct feedback reinforces what we are doing well and where our guests say improvement is needed. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed our “sweet dreams” bed and the quietness of your guest room. And, please feel assured that the hotel’s refresh is just days away from completion. I hope that you will be a return guest. When you are in need of a reservation, I am happy to personally handle your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.