“Change in Management = Negative Results”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
El Paso, Texas
“Change in Management = Negative Results”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Double Tree year after year during our visits to Denver. This last visit, there was a change in management and ongoing reservation. The customer service is non existant. The rooms were unclean with old linens. The waitress was sitting at the bar folding cloth napkins while eating cookies; thus, cleaning her hands on the napkins as she folded them. The Manager was unfriendy and when my husband and I asked if the shuttle was available, he said it was not when it was clearly parked in front. I asked again and he said they had two shuttles and only one driver - very rude and no customer service. We will not be staying there again....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cindy2096
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
All of here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora welcome guest reviews. Direct feedback is important as it gives us valuable information as to what we are doing well and where improvement is needed. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Your review has already been shared. Each manager has committed to change and to better train their team members. Important steps have already been put in place so that the shortcomings you encountered should not happen again. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. I am confident you will see improvement. If I can be of assistance with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I got stuck in Denver during "second winter" this April and they were very accomodating when I requested a room for another night. In a rush to the airport the following morning, I left clothes hanging in the closet. I called and spoke with the front desk and they mailed me my clothes the next day! The room was very clean and housekeeping took pride in their work. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank You!! Wow, 5 out of 5!! Your kind comments are very much appreciated. Our front desk and housekeeping teams will hear your praises. I hope you will stay with us again. When you are in of a reservation, I would be pleased to assist. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Cortez, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very enjoyable and will probably return again. It was nice to able to stay and attend the conference in the same facility. Even though the lobby was under construction the staff was very efficient and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. You rated us at the highest possible score – 5 out of 5 in all categories. Wow, thank you! And, thank you for your kind comment about our service. The construction work is complete. The lobby and other public spaces are updated and have a fresh new look. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to return to our hotel. When I can be of assistance with a reservation, I will be happy to personally handle your arrangements. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Three key things drive my reviews: good bed, quiet room, and good shower. The beds here are comfy and nice linens. The room was quiet and I even had trashy neighbors but couldn't hear them in my room. The shower though needs a redesign. I'm 5'10 so not very tall and I had to duck and twist about to wash my face and head. The shower head is way too low. They are currently doing construction so it's a quest to get to the elevators. Overall, staff is nice and rooms are good b

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. I enjoy hearing from recent guests as direct feedback reinforces what we are doing well and where our guests say improvement is needed. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed our “sweet dreams” bed and the quietness of your guest room. And, please feel assured that the hotel’s refresh is just days away from completion. I hope that you will be a return guest. When you are in need of a reservation, I am happy to personally handle your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Crested Butte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We checked in expecting doubletree quality and what a surprise. The hotel is being remodeled and that was definitely not conveyed when we called. We booked the hotel on Priceline and named our own price. Now I know why it was so cheap. When we arrived the floors in the room hasn't been vacuumed and there was a huge chunk of a cinnamon roll behind the door!!!! The carpets are worn and the elevators smell like smoke. The hotel put is on the second floor and starting about 9:00 pm a party started right below us with screaming children in the hallway. When I called the front desk to ask what was going on I was told the "function" would last until 2 am! When the conversation escalated the front desk person hung up on me!!! I called back and was offered another room but its ridiculous to wake up the rest of the family and move at 10:00 pm at night! knowing they were going to have a loud function till late why put someone on the second floor directly over the noise! Definitely not a hotel I would recommend. The neighborhood is questionable and the staff is rude! Steer clear!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank fishfortarpon
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, please accept our sincere apologies for the many frustrations and inconveniences we caused you. And, more specifically, the housekeeping team is very sorry that your room was not prepared to your, and our, standard. Our Executive Housekeeping will be retraining the hotel’s room attendants to have an improved eye and a better attention to detail. It is true that we are improving the hotel’s public and meeting spaces, but the work is scheduled to be completed very soon. Please have the confidence in us that what you experienced is not to our usual standard. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you would consider staying with us again. If I can be assistance with a future reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Campbell, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel doesn't measure up to Doubletree standards. Everything about it was sub-par, especially the restaurant. The food was mediocre at best and the service was lacking. The front desk staff was unpleasant and unwelcoming. Due to construction there were all sorts of problems with the water and I was uncomfortable for the majority of my short stay.

1 Thank Carrie M
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. The feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that you did not have a good stay. Your comments about the service you received at the front desk have been shared with the hotel’s Front Office Manager. She is committed to having her team do better. Our recently hired Chef is currently in the process of changing our restaurant menu. New items are being introduced that taste great and also include locally sourced ingredients. The updating of the hotel’s lobby and public spaces is almost done and the work associated with the hotel’s water system is complete. We can do better and do hope we have the opportunity to prove it to you. When you are in need of a future reservation, I hope you will contact me personally at david.garon@hilton.com.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

When someone books a room wouldn’t it be nice to know if there was construction going on? I would.. The workers were noisy and vulgar.. Hotel smelled on paint and plastic, every floor.. Dusty rooms with all the construction noises one tries to escape.. Great job can’t wait to torture myself again at your rundown hotel…

3 Thank Mark K
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. Customer feedback is very important to us. I apologize that our lobby refresh and other work disrupted the comfort of your stay. And, I am very sorry that the work being done was not properly communicated to you. We are working on both of these issues with construction scheduled to be completed in early May. I hope that when your travel plans bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. You’ll see many improvements. If I can be of assistance with future arrangements, please feel free to contact me directly. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.