“Friendly, clean rooms, No room safe yet computer not stolen! A bit shabby & beds uncomfortable.”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel was a bit shabby, carpets thin and slightly stained. Beds were uncomfortable. However hotel was clean, staff friendly and the warm cookie was nice. The rooms could have used a safe but all my electronics were not disturbed! They were working on the lobby so hopefully this hotel is undergoing a much needed remodeling. Could use more shuttles to places other than airport.

Room Tip: Refrigerator and microwave a bonus! The rooms could use a safe. Wireless fees too expensive. Everyon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. And, thank you for your business. I am glad to see you enjoyed our service and the warm and wonderful signature DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. I am sorry to see you found our beds uncomfortable as guests often let us know they had a great night’s sleep. And, yes, we are improving as we are refreshing our lobby, meeting spaces and guest room baths. Please note as well that subject to availability and in addition to our service to the Denver airport, we also offer complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I hope you’ll return to our DoubleTree when your travels bring you back to the area. If I can be of assistance with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to any one, the hotel was clean and the room was beautiful. I found it to be priced right and the clerks at the front desk were curtious and friendly. This is my first time staying at the DoubleTree and I would if need be stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much!! And, thank you for staying with us!! I am so pleased to see you had such a great experience at the DoubleTree – Denver/Aurora. Your comments will be heard by all our employees. Please think of us when your travels bring you back to the area. It would be delightful to have you with us again. I would be pleased to assist with your reservation. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Seeley Lake, Montana
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Booked two hotel rooms through a third party that my boss had already booked a flight and rental car from. The hotel put my companion and I in two handicap rooms on the bottom floor. Neither of us being handicapped. There were no ice machines on the bottom floor. If we wanted ice we were told we would have to go to the bar to get it. The TV blared next to me so loud that I didn't need the picture to know exactly what was going on. After midnight I called the front desk only to get no answer. I later called again, this time after numerous rings the front desk answered. I asked if it was normal to hear the tv from another room and was told yes, but they would ask them to turn the tv down. Didn't get any sleep. Wanted moved or refund knowing we would be here for an entire week. Front desk told us that because we booked 3rd party and getting rooms cheaper than their normal $168 price rate they got to choose what rooms we had. Called 3rd party and they refunded the rooms & told us to stay anywhere we liked. We moved to the Doubletree in Westminster, CO and had a fantastic stay. Beware of Aurora Doubletree.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped know here that you have to go to the bar to get ice for your ice bucket. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Deena S
Guest feedback is very important to us. It tells us where we are meeting guest expectations as well as where we have opportunities. Clearly, we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations we caused you. I will personally review your comments with our front office team so that we can do better. There will be improvement. When your travels bring you back to this area, I hope you will consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly as I will personally see to your arrangements. I am confident you will have a pleasant experience. My email address is David.Garon@Hilton.com.
Provo, Utah, United States
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,115 helpful votes
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Returning from Iceland we had a layover in Denver. I called this hotel before our trip and asked if there was a shuttle to/from the hotel, etc.

We arrived and waited for the shuttle for 45 minutes. A few of the other doubletree's shuttles came, and went..,,and we were still waiting.

I called the hotel and mentioned that we'd been waiting for over 45 minutes for the shuttle. The desk rep asked if we'd called and scheduled the shuttle to come?

What? Maybe someone could have let me know that I needed to do this? Or maybe you could list it the place everyone goes to find info....your website!

So we finally arrived at the hotel. It's dated for sure as others mentioned. Location isn't very good in terms of restaurants etc within walking distance. The guy at the desk checked us in, and when I mentioned the shuttle debacle he said, "oh, that happens all the time...!" Wow...

The room was nice but dated. It wasn't as clean as we were used too. Microwave was dirty inside and out. Sink in the bathroom was also dirty, the A/C and Heat controls didn't work.

I went down in the morning and mentioned a few of the issues with the shuttle. The agent at the desk was helpful. She went to speak to an older lady, who I assume was her manager, and when she came back she said she was sorry, but there was nothing she could do other than pass the info a long to her superiors.

That's why so many other TripAdvisor users have had terrible experiences here in regard to the customer service. They may be sorry for something but they don't fix it.

I think there are issues at this hotel with the management. Hopefully Hilton will revamp this property physically, as well as get some new management who actually cares.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank Ammon C
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments about your experience at our hotel. Please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations in many areas. I am deeply sorry for the many frustrations and inconveniences you encountered. We take guest feedback seriously and your comments will be reviewed at our upcoming team meeting. Through retraining and policy review, there will be improvement. Also, please note that we are presently in the process of refreshing our guest rooms and upgrading the hotel’s lobby and public spaces. If your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, I hope you will consider staying with us again. I am confident you we see positive changes and have an enjoyable stay. If I can be of assistance with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The location provides easy access to the airport and freeways so getting around Denver is remarkably easy. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, a mall just 4 miles away. The property is clean and quiet and the staff is very friendly. They provide a free shuttle service from/to airport and ... don't forget those warm chocolate chip cookies. We took ours up a notch and got some vanilla ice cream to go with ... YUM!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Those DoubleTree Cookies!! They are truly wonderful. We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the Double by Hilton – Denver/Aurora! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. And, thank you for rating us 5 for 5!! Your business is very much appreciated and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As lovely and inviting as this hotel seems, I didn't even get the chance to stay here for the Stock Show because the front desk staff was sooo rude and un-inviting. They made me feel so unwelcome, I even returned later hoping the night staff would be better, and he was even worse! This was so discouraging since I've stayed here often in the past and was delighted with the front desk staff who went out of their way to welcome me and insure my safety and comfort. This staff could not even afford to smile! They all seemed angry and very unhappy in their jobs. It was enough of a deterent for me to go elsewhere and give my money to a happy hotel! Smile next time, it won't kill you!!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are for handicapped only, but seem most convenient
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am very embarrassed. Please accept my most humble apology. I am so sorry you encountered such frustration. Please have the confidence in us that what you experienced is not our usual level of service. We are better than this. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you will think about staying with us. I would be happy to assist you with your reservation. I believe you will have a very enjoyable experience. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

2nd time staying at this Doubletree and I'll always return. Price was extremely reasonable and the service was outstanding. Can't say enough about the breakfast and the staff that served it. Very impressed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for being a repeat guest. Your TripAdvisor post will be shared at an upcoming all-employee meeting. We will give a special “shout out” to our entire morning restaurant team. We look forward to having you here again. If I can be of help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Stapleton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!