“After one night looking into other options for the remaining three nights of our stay in Denver.”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was booked for our stay because of the close proximity to our family. After one night of no sleep due to the noise level, we are now looking at other hotel options even though the room has been prepaid. Walking thru the hallway to our room was a warning of what was to come. In order to make an attempt to fall asleep, the TV needed to be left on in order to drown out noise from other rooms. Please keep in mind that the local time was midnight when at home it was one oclock. And our day had started at five am. While my husband shut the TV off around three because it had quieted down, it is now 4:30 local time and the people in the connecting room might as well come over and introduce themselves.

Bottom line my husband is now looking at other options for the remainder of our stay. Even though our room has been paid in advance. Pretty sad with the state of the economy we are ready to book another hotel for three nights in order to ensure a pleasant trip during the holidays.

I am going to attempt to see if the front desk can remedy the situation but not getting my hopes up with the chance that we might have to deal with Monica. Or some stock response from the general manager who obviously spends too much time justifying what the hotel has to offer than actually fixing situations. I wish I would have read these reviews before booking my reservation. The condenscending responses from the general manager.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mrsdinker45
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the excessive noise you experienced from nearby guest rooms. While your TripAdvisor post doesn’t say whether you contacted the front desk, the desk is open 24/7 to promptly and effectively deal with any guest issues and complaints that arise. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Denver area, you will consider staying with us again. If you do want to give us another try, please contact me directly as I will personally make your reservation and also “own” your stay while you are with us. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Denver Aurora

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Reasonable hotel, selected only due to location. Breakfast fair at best. Clean but nothing exceptional. It is not in the best area of town, to say the least. The bathroom, in my room, was small and outdated. The pictures on line made it look much nicer that it actually is.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. And, thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it provides the hotel much needed information as to where we are doing well and where improvement is needed. Our breakfast ala carte menu and buffet are in the process of being reviewed and updated to include more locally sourced items. And, our guestrooms, including the guest bath, are being refreshed in early 2013. We have completed other improvements to the hotel including new computers for our business center as well as an upgrade to our high speed internet service. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you’ll consider staying with us again so you can see and experience the improvements we have made. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Only stayed for an overnight to catch a flight at 7am from airport. The rate was about $10 or more cheaper than other hotels that are by the airport and it even had airport shuttle available! Very nice hotel loved the hotel! Loved that idea that they had an Apple computer in the business center. Just wish to know it was connected to the printer. Computers actually worked fast compared to other computers at other hotel business center.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for your business. I am so pleased to see you had such an enjoyable stay It’s great you were able to take advantage of the new computers in our business center. We have also just completed an upgrade to our wireless internet service. I look forward to your return. Please feel free to call on me if I can help with your next reservation here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/ Aurora. I may be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree in Aurora, Colorado over the Thanksgiving holiday and found it to be an excellent value for our money! The room was well appointed and clean, although the bathroom seemed to be a bit dated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very large. I highly recommend the Doubletree if you are in the area and need a room it was an excellent value!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your very nice review and for the compliments. And, thank you for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed a pleasant stay. Please note that we are working on improving our guest baths. They will be refreshed in the first quarter of 2013. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you’ll stay with us again. I would be pleased to assist with your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Web-site made this place look great for the low price, but be aware there is no free wi-fi and no free continental breakfast. Paying for those things would bring the price up to what you would pay for a nicer hotel. The lobby was nice, the room was ok and other common areas were acceptable. The friendly and helpful staff were the one bright point.

Overall, if the location is perfect for you then don't be afraid to stay here; otherwise there are probably better deals.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. And, thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Please note that the hotel does offer competitively priced packages that include both breakfast and internet access included in an attractive rate. The packages are available through the Hilton website and by calling the hotel. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you’ll take advantage of one of these inclusive packages. If I can be of assistance with the reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had an amazing experience with the hotel!! I had not a had a good experience with the customer service call center and after having called them 3 times I finally spoke to the hotel directly and they made me an amazing offer and made up for all the trouble I had. They were very accomodating. The hotel itself was nice and the staff made it even better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Amazing! Wow! Thank you so much for your great review!! I do apologize for your frustration with the call center. But, I am truly grateful for your effort to contact our hotel before you took your business elsewhere. Your comments will be shared with our team members at our upcoming all-employee meeting. I look forward to your return visit. A warm and delicious DoubleTree cookie will be waiting. If I can be of assistance to you with a future reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Average Hotel, average Rate, average cleanliness, average value. Hotel rooms need some updating. Old carpet and dated wall paper really gives an unclean feel to the room. Ever non-smoking rooms still had a linger of smoke. Not totally impressed and we will not stay here again. Better newer hotels north a few miles. Check those out before booking here.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for posting your review. And, please note that we are in the process of improving the hotel. We are refreshing our guest rooms as well as updating the lobby and meeting space. Some of the work has already been completed. So, I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, we will be honored with your business. I am confident you will see our changes and have a good experience. If I can be of assistance with your reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.