“Nice affordable and convienent”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel staff were very nice and helpful, The hotel lobby, Bar and meeting areas look like they have been recently updated It was a nice are to hold a couple of small Business meetings that I had. The room corridors looked a little dated, but the rooms were nice and clean.
I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review. I am so pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience. Your comments will be shared with our team members. Please note that we are currently working on refreshing the hotel. Our guests will soon enjoy an updated lobby and public space as well as improvements to our guest rooms. I do hope to see you again. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com if I can be of help to you.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Denver Aurora

Reviewed November 4, 2012

for the most part, staff was responsive and courteous. hotel property is a bit dated. elevators took extremely long and walls also seem fairly thin. there is a lot of construction on highway near this hotel right now as well. with all the options at same or better rates in denver, dtc, etc., i likely will not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your business. And, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Customer feedback is very important as it gives us direct information as to what we are doing well and what we need to do to better serve our guests. Improvements are coming. Our guest rooms are being refreshed and our lobby, meeting and public spaces are being updated. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you received from our team members. They will certainly hear of your comments. I hope you will consider us again when your travel plans bring you back to the Denver area. The freeway work should be completed. Or, please feel free to ask for a guest room with a view of the beautiful Rocky Mountains! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

While vacationing, we stayed at this hotel, and we were extremely satisfied. The room was clean and comfortable. We were glad that the hotel provided WIFI. The front desk clerk had exceptional customer service skills. Total overall service was excellent. Our family plans to return to Colorado soon, and we plan to stay at this hotel. Would like to add that the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Fantastic!! Thank you for your feedback and the wonderful five star review. And, thank you for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed such a great experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I will personally insure that all our employees hear your kind comments. We look forward to your return. If I can be of assistance with future reservations, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

When my family and I arrived for check-in with pre-paid reservations for what I thought was for two rooms but turns out my credit card was charged for one room, but the 2nd room was still being held in my name. The front desk clerk (Monica) tried to charge my cousin 3x as much for the second room because she wanted to use her Visa/Debit card because the room was for her. This was crazy since the room was being held in my name under a pre-set rate. Then she said my cousin would have to pay and penalty if she checked out early. This Chick was crazy-rude. Thank goodness a second clerk stepped in and handle the matter because Ms. Monica was about to step deep into it...

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Hilton Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I was pleased to see we earned 4 out of 5 stars. However, there is no question that the issue you experienced should have been handled differently. And, I am very sorry the situation occurred and I offer my sincere apology. The hotel’s Front Office Manager will be reviewing pre-paid (advance purchase) procedures with her team. I am confident that when you return to our hotel, the problem will not happen again. I offer my personal attention to your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is great for a short term stay in Aurora, CO, about halfway between Health Sciences campus and Denver Tech Center, near freeway exit (and near light rail access). Rooms are spacious, clean and up-to-date (WIFI, entertainment system). In-room dining is good, so is the service overall. Great price to value ratio when pre-paying for the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank You!! Thank you for your kind comments and for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora has an excellent location. Close to the Anschutz Medical Campus, the Denver Tech Center and Denver’s airport. I hope you’ll return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to this area. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance, feel free to contact me at David,garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have been staying here for 5 weeks and plan on staying longer i have let alot of things go but not feeling very good with sum of the staff front desk not all bad.sum of the cleaning girls are great but you have a thief. cars in the lot have been robbed tires my work truck back bed picked apart.found old pizza behinde head board found from the smell .if my business is not valued we will have to go somwhere else

Room Tip: top floor 6
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your business. Your positive comments about the front desk team are greatly appreciated. I sincerely apologize for our housekeeping failures. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping team. They have pledged to do better. I am confident there will be improvement. Again, thank you for your business. And, if I can be of assistance during the remainder of your stay or after your departure, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a lovely hotel! We were here for 2 nights while we headed home from a camping trip in Yellowstone. The room and bathroom were nice and spacious. The 2 complaints we have are (1) we used Expedia's deep discount option (I guess it ultimately is Hotwire, though we access this via Expedia), where you don't know the hotel until you pay for it. We have used this extensively with much success - we have always felt that we have gotten a nice hotel at a good price. When checking in at this hotel, I felt like a "second-class citizen"! The gentleman checking me in (I think he was some level of manager) was curt and not welcoming or friendly at all!! I've not experienced this sort of "welcome" at any other hotel where we have used this system for booking our hotel. It seems to me that we are paying for a room that may otherwise be empty! And if they don't like people to do this, they need to take their names off the list for offering this!! My other complaint was that we were gone pretty much from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. when we returned to our room, it had not been made up. Housekeeping knocked on our door at almost 5pm! I had already made our bed and straighted up, so there was no need for them to do that, so I just asked for clean towels, soap, etc, and gave her our used towels. I've never been to a hotel where this happened. I don't know if this was a coincidence or is this how they treat folks who use a discounted booking service? Otherwise, we were happy with our room. It was lovely, clean and bright. Bathroom was very nice and there were plenty of towels, soaps, etc. It's hard for me to say that I highly recommend this hotel, only because of these 2 downsides, but that may have been an odd occurrence. We did have the buffet breakfast one morning which was very good. The wait staff was excellent and everyone was exceptionally nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your business and thank you for your detailed review. Postings such as yours give us direct feedback as to what we are doing well and what opportunities we may have. Your comment about the disappointing welcome you received is a training opportunity. I will certainly remind our front desk team that all guests should be greeted warmly and with a feeling that we are deeply appreciative for the business. As to Housekeeping, although infrequent, sometimes we do get behind and, consequently, provide service late in the day. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. And, thank you for the kind words regarding your breakfast experience. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed both the food and service. When I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.