“Rooms great, food....not so much”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Rooms great, food....not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The food for breakfast was good, but dinner was not so great. The orders weren't cooked to order,well, not as you ordered I should say. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed September 2012
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Your business and your feedback are very much appreciated. And, thank you for the kind comments about your guest room as well as with breakfast. However, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at dinner. Please accept my apology that dinner was not to your expectation. I trust the restaurant team quickly made any corrections to your order. We are frequently updating our menus so I hope that when your travels bring you back to the area, you will give the hotel’s dinner service another try. If I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We were able to book this hotel for about $75. What a bargain at that rate. Nice hotel, 24 hour pool for the kids. They have a restaurant inside, but we didn't use it. The beds are true "double" beds, not queens. But it all worked fine for us. Very attractive interior and exterior. Quiet and comfy.

• Stayed September 2012
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver/Aurora. Your business and your feedback are very much appreciated. And, thank you for your kind comments about your guest room as well as with breakfast. I am so glad to hear that you were comfortable. And, please accept my apology that your dinner experience was not to your expectation. I hope our restaurant team quickly made any corrections to your order. If I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here, when I checked in I was left waiting for 10 minutes no word of I will be right with you, they was only 1 agent to check you in dealing with 1 person in front of me, rooms were clean, thin walls could here the tv in the next room, when checking out such a fake impression from staff which shows they don't love there job..

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I very much appreciate your comments about the service quality you received at the Front Desk. Please accept my apology that the service did not meet your, or my, expectation. As General Manager, I am currently working with the Front Desk team to better “connect” with our guests and to improve the overall guest experience. I hope that when your plans bring you back to the greater Denver area, you will consider staying with us again. I am confident you will receive better service and have a better experience. I would be pleased to assist with any future reservations. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Kirkwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very pleased with professional staff, airy and sophisticated lobby, useful business center with good computers including a mac! Fresh cookie is a welcome touch, as are the continuous free fruit for your trip!

Room Tip: hotel very quiet and I stayed here on 2 separate occasions in the same week, and both locations were...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments. And, thank you for your business. I am so glad you enjoyed the new Mac computer in our freshly updated business center. We look forward to your next visit with us. The cookies and fresh fruit will be waiting. Again, thank you, david.garon@hilton.com.
Slatersville, Rhode Island, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We called the hotel to make sure we could be picked up at the Airport Enterprise. After we returned our car we called the hotel for a shuttle only to be told that we had to go to the airport to be picked up. If that was the case why were we told we would be picked up at Enterprise. We were the only passengers on the hotel shuttle. I don't think the front desk staff is properly trained. Also when we arrived in our room there was a Dorito chip on the floor under the table. Not sure how the cleaning staff missed a chip that size.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Your business is very much appreciated. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience and frustration we caused you during your stay. I personally have spoken with our Front Office team and have advised them that when our shuttle schedule allows, we will pick up guests at rental car locations by the airport. And, you are right; we should have seen the chip under your guest room table. Your comment was shared with our Housekeeping Manager. She will be working more closely with our room attendants to have a better eye and attention to detail. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Started off with check in. Reserved 2 nights online at the Government leisure rate which includes breakfast. When I asked the desk clerk about how to get the breakfast the next morning, he informed me that it was not included at the rate I booked at. I told him that I am an HHonors member and have booked the Gov't leisure rate at several other Double Tree's, and they always come with breakfast included. He informed me that they do not do that at this Double Tree. I suggested that they change the information on the hilton.com booking site. He wanted to argue with a paying customer. Lack of customer service training must be the problem at this Double Tree. Rooms were average with carpet stains. Salt water indoor pool was nice. Parking would fill up because of conference activity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I humbly apologize for our Front Desk team member’s lack of knowledge regarding the government leisure package. You are absolutely right and I am so sorry that this problem occurred. I have spoken to the front office team regarding how you should have been treated as well as reviewed the details of the package. Also, we have been addressing the carpet issue too. All carpet is on a schedule with each guest room carpet being cleaned more frequently. I am confident that should you honor us with your business again, you will have a pleasant experience. Please feel free to contact me when your travels bring you back to this area as I would be pleased to assist you with your reservation. I can be contacted at david.garon@hilton.com.
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice hotel. Staff and service was excellent. Beds were very comfortable. Food was excellent. Good location in the Denver area - close to many attractions, shopping, airport, with easy access. Airport shuttle is very handy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I appreciate you taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Direct feedback is extremely important to all of us at the hotel. I’m glad to see you had a pleasant stay and gave our staff and service “excellent” marks. I’m also glad to see you enjoyed both your guest room bed and the food in our restaurant. Thank you for your business and I look forward to your next visit. When you are planning your return, please feel free to contact me directly at david.garon@hilton.com.