“Food was GREAT!!!”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed August 19, 2012

For a good price, we were able to leave our car for a week and use the shuttle to and from the Denver Airport. My breakfast wrap was very tasty and the restaurant service was with a smile.
All room issues were addressed without problem. Cookies were terrific. And we love the lobby where we shared some domino games with family while staying in Aurora, CO.

Room Tip: The sixth floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am so glad you had a pleasant stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora! We very much appreciate your business and the feedback about your experience. Our restaurant menus have been recently updated so your positive comments about our food and service is especially helpful and important. I hope your travel plans will soon bring you back to our hotel so you can again enjoy the famous and irresistible DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies, Please feel free to call on me if I can be of assistance to you. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We selected this particular hotel because of its two services: Airport transportation and transportation within five miles. The five mile transportation was needed to pick up and return our rental car. We understood the "when available" part, but Monica had an attitude of not wanting to help under any circumstances and gave us the number of a cab service.. Others employees tried to help behind her back and were sucessful in one instance. After the front deck personnel told me they would pick me up at the car rental facility, Monica would not let them come. I stood on the street for 30 minutes and when calling to see what was happening, Monica said they would not pick me up. I truly believe she would have let me stand on the street without letting me know the change all day long. When I left the hotes (we had two stays one of arrival and one of departure) one of the employeed asked me how we liked our stay and would we come back. Our answer was "not at all" and "we would never return". He asked why. We said one word "Monica". He slowly put his head back and rolled his eyes. He said "I understand, you need not say any more". One of the employees actually hugged me and apologized for all that had happened on our two visits. We did not tell him, he had just observed. The story of what happened on both visits is long and how Monica's attitude affected one day of our vacation on our arrival and departure stays. It made a stay that should have been a pleasant one a very difficult one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank maryrdf
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for the review of your recent experiences at our hotel. We take guest feedback, both good and bad, very seriously as it gives us direct information as to where we are doing well and where improvement is needed. Please accept my most humble apology for the poor level of service you received. I have personally spoken with the Front Office team members involved and reviewed with them how your situation could have been handled differently so that your expectation could have been met. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Aurora, you’ll stay with us again and see how we have improved. I am confident you’ll experience a higher level of customer service. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautiful motel, friendly staff, I was needing some batteries for my camera and they had someone bring some to me no charge. I was surprised they charge for breakfast , most big chains don't. and that there was a charge for internet. Other then that we had a wonderful stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and feedback about your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I was so pleased to read that you had a “wonderful stay”. And, if you go to our hotel within the hilton.com website, you’ll see we offer a variety of attractive packages including a package that includes your room, breakfast daily and access to the internet – all bundled together in one rate. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com if I can be of assistance to you in the future, And, again, thank you.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friends and I got our flight cancel to Peru so we decided to stay here. Making the reservation was really easy, very helpful front desk. We arrived and the room was pretty big the room service was fast and the food was really good. The breakfast was good and we had a great time by the pool. No issues at all!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

You scored us five for five!! Wow!! Thank you. And, thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased to hear of your terrific experience. While I hope you don't have another flight cancelled, I also hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Denver area. Please contact me if I can help you in the future at david,garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here for the recent senior softball tournament. Got a great AAA rate and the room was beautiful with an awesome view of the Rockies. Oh, and did I mention the cookies everyday? This was a great trip. Will stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

It was such a pleasure to have you here for the senior softball tournament. I very much appreciate your team’s decision to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. And, yes, many of our guest rooms offer terrific views of the Rocky Mountains along with their incredible sunsets. All of here at the hotel look forward to your return. The fabulous DoubleTree cookies will be waiting!! If I can be of assistance to you, please email me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this property for one night. Carpet was stained and walls were dirty. It was not what I expected. I payed $159.00 (excluding tax) for my small room and good breakfast, but was not satisfied. I complained to desk help and they only offered up free breakfast. I stated that I had already eaten breakfast and they apologized but assured me they would let housekeeping know.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. And, thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the Denver area. I apologize that your guest room was not to the quality that you, or I, would expect. Your concerns have been addressed by our Housekeeping team. Guest room carpet and walls are now scheduled for cleaning more frequently. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I am confident you will enjoy your stay. If I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff at the hotel were fantastic starting with the shuttle driver who came out to Denver International Airport to pick us up. They even gave me a lift our second day to pick up a rental car. The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms were very comfortable and very well maintained. The hotel was crowded but very quiet. Good central location away from the downtown area convenient to all. We will stay here again on our next visit to Denver.

Room Tip: Use AAA or entertainment to get a very good deal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Wow!! Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see you enjoyed such a wonderful experience at our hotel and were able to fully utilize our complimentary airport shuttle service. Your kind comments will be shared with all of our team members. If I can be of further service to you, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.