“Pick a different hotel than this one...”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Room was ok but had an odor... For 2 days the towels smelled like dirty socks, several lamps did not work and when I turned on the Heat Lamp in the bathroom it blew sparks out at me... The room service is good but the food is not.
The people are nice but for the price I'd expect a cleaner appearing and smelling hotel with a gift shop thats open more than just a couple of hours in the morning...

On a positive note the elevators were quick...

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that look and smell clean...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
David G, Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

I sincerely apologize that you encountered housekeeping issues during your stay at the DoubleTree Denver – Aurora. Our newly hired Executive Housekeeper has seen your comments and will be working closely with her team to improve our Housekeeping quality. I’m sorry that your room service food did not meet your expectations. Our Chef has also seen your comments and is presently working on a complete revision and update to our room service menu. I believe this reworking of the menu will improve the food quality. Further, I will look at how we are presently staffing our gift shop to have staff more available when guests tend to need items. If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail, please feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is a very nice hotel for reasonable prices. The staff was nice and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable. Room service is excellent and reasonably priced. Would recommend for those needing to be convenient to University of Colorado Medical Center.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Kwats
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was in the Aurora area for business and chose the Doubletree for its proximety to the airport. My flight arrived mid-morning and even though check-in was in the afternoon the receptionist found me a room that I could check-in to. She was very helpful in making sure my Hilton Honors awards points were correct. The warm cookie at check-in along with bottled water was a nice touch. The lobby, dining and bar area is very nice and looked like it had been updated recently. I didn't have a chance to eat or use the hotel bar but it looked very nice. The room was very nice and clean with a view of the downtown Denver skyline. The hotel is probably older but everything was updated in the room and hallways. Even though the hotel appeared to be full I didn't hear any "hallway noise" and the bed was great for sleeping. When leaving the next day there was a snow storm and I didn't have an umbrella or anything to get the snow off the windshield. The front desk clerk found me an umbrella and broom to use which was very helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a 5th or 6th floor room with a view of the Denver skyline.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank calvinhead
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have stayed at several Doubletrees and always have great service. This staff was the best so far. I arrived while a convention was going on and was able to experience the fron t desk and the morning restaurant crew with the good and the bad of the sold out clientel.

The hotel is clean and comfortable and, of course, has the cookies.

The room was very comfortable but also was the only reason that this is review is not a 5. I had booked through a business service and requested a non smoking room. I double checked my itinerary after arriving (yes, non smoking room) but didn't get one. I understand that the hotel was booked solid so I dealt with it. The problem is that whoever had the room before me smoked A LOT. I noticed the smell from outside the room and after 1 night out of my suitcase, my clothes smelled heavily of stale smoke and citrus air freshener. The room could have used a few days to air out before it was booked again.

So, all in all I would stay again but will make sure that I have a non smoking room.

1  Thank RobertL
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had a great experience at the Doubletree Inn. We were welcomed at 10PM with warm chocolate chip cookies. The staff was great. We left our car there free for 10 days while we flew to Ireland. There is a free shuttle to and from DIA. The room was super clean and in excellent condition. When we have occasion to stay in Denver again, this will be where we stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveBorbasManager
daveprophet, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is our goal to ensure that your experience was a perfect "10", we look foward to seeing you in the future if your travels should bring you this way again.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Only been here a couple of hours into a 5 day stay and have some problems. Had to have the staff exchange a diet soda three times to finally get one that hadn't expired 4 months ago. Vending machine kept my money. Ok, little things, I admit, but the problem that prompted my to write this review is the pitiful internet offerings. First they charge $12.95 a day. That is ridiculous. Then for $12.95, I got terrible speed. I turned on my phone hotspot and my cell connection is way faster. $12.95 for speeds slower than cell?? Sad, especially for an upscale hotel like this. I've had much better internet service at Super 8...for free.

1  Thank fcpbean
daveprophet, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Please accept my apologies for the difficulites you had during your stay with us. I will review your issues with our team to insure they are corrected. Regarding the slow internet issue, our system was upgraded by Hilton on October 23 to improve the quality of service to our guest. I hope in the future if you visit Denver again you will give us the opportunity to be of service again so we can make your visit a perfect "10".

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Last few times I've had to stay in Aurora, I've gone to the group of hotels near the Denver Airport. I thought I'd try this Doubletree hotel for a change (full disclosure: since I'm a HHonors Gold member, I usually pick a Hilton hotel). I loved this place. Very clean, friendly service, great location and, as always, a fantastic sleep system. My complaints are minor (very minor): the room didn't have a fridge and the resulting trip to the ice machine had me going to a different floor. The A/C was a bit loud and racketty. See? Almost not worth mentioning.

1  Thank Thinker_to_go