“Super fun Trail ride”

Paint Horse Stables
Reviewed March 31, 2011

When I went on a trail ride my horse was Brownie and he was really cool. We got to go on a 1 hour ride and I had lots of fun with my cousin and my grandma. I always have a good time at Paint Horse Stables and I enjoyed my trail ride very much. I got to ride in the front and Bob, the owner, helped me. Bob picked the perfect horse for me and I had no trouble at all. We got to ride with Bob, his daughter, and some other nice people and we all had a great time.

4  Thank purplepixi

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I have taken riding lessons and enjoyed many trail rides at the two Paint Horse Stables locations. I have always had a great experience and feel I've learned so much about paying attention to the horses and taking good care of them.

I started off as a total beginner and one of my greatest surprises was learning how easily horses can become frightened - by anything, like the wind gusting up, or dogs barking, or a flock of birds suddenly taking flight. I feel Bob has helped me understand how to always pay attention to how the horses are feeling and to read behavior clues they are giving us. He has taught me how to be ready to respond to a horse that might become frightened or upset, and how to best handle myself to settle the situation quickly - to help the horse feel at ease right away, and to keep myself calm too!

In reading frustrated reviews from others, I would add that I definitely understand why Bob was hesitant about trying to force a horse out of its chosen spot in a trail ride line - I have seen how some horses don't like to be near certain other ones, and they deliberately choose spots farther away from the horses they are not friendly with. If they are pushed into a situation where they have to be near a horse they dislike, they can become agitated (they are not so different from people!). It is a much safer situation for everyone if the horses are feeling comfortable and at ease.

And Bob really knows his horses well -- I am always amazed at how well he can read their moods and anticipate their reactions. I also have seen how they really respond to him; I think the horses know that I'm new and just learning my way around, and they give me a hard time sometimes - but I see them always, always respond positively to Bob, and it's clear to me they trust him.

I feel that any direction Bob has ever given me has always been focused on being safe and taking good care of our horses. I have only seen him get upset if he thinks an unsafe situation is being created. I enjoy his horses and have fun working with them, and have been able to develop some confidence as a rider. I alwas enjoy my experiences at Paint Horse very much.

4  Thank MCDenvervisits
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I had Gin, as in Gin & Juice. He was a sweetheart. Bob & his daughter took us on an hour ride past the swimming hole & through the trees. The sites theirselves weren't to the best but that was only because it is the beginning of spring and everything is growing back - the weather was great. Also, Bob himself is very caring about the horses and their safety, as well the people that come to ride the horses. If you go to Chatfield for horseback riding you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank BabyGirl0823
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I took my wife and grand kids 7 years old, 8 years old, and 9 years old to the Chatfield Painted Horse Stables today.. The old man wrangler was the rudest, most arrogant, bossy, person I have met.. He had my 7 year old granddaughter in tears from hollering at her. We booked a one hour ride... by the half way point I had had enough when her horse got away and he refused to take her off the horse and either change horses, let her ride with us or one of the wranglers, or take the reins and lead her horse. I asked if she could at least be allowed to ride BY one of the adults.. he said the horses had picked their order and CHANGING THAT ORDER WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !! My grandchild's safety as well as the memories she will have from this experience was much more important to me than the order the HORSES had chosen their place in line... I actually had to take my family off the horses and we walked back to our vehicle miles away....
He was rude from the moment we arrived..barking orders at the children, belittling them, snide remarks.. he actually told my wife she was holding the reins wrong.. and told her " well we can see who was not paying attention ".
We have been on literally 25-30 trail rides with our kids and others.. NEVER has it been an unpleasant experince until today.. I also have NEVER wrote a negative review before this one about any business I have dealt with.....

17  Thank Sgtrock718
See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I visited Paint Horse Stables at Cherry Creek Park in Parker Colorado this year and was completely appalled by the conditions there and by the treatment of the customers, employees, and children at the day camp.

The horses hooves were cracked some horses did not have shoes. One horse who seemed emaciated laid on the ground tied up and looked close to death. The owner, Bob, kicked one of the male horses from behind in his privates to get him to move.

He yelled at the children at his day camp saying things like "what are you stupid?". He insulted them and chastized them continuously and one of the workers mentioned to us how much they hated thier job. He made us go on a ride in lighting and thunder so he wouldn't have to refund our money which is a dangerous situation since horses are afraid of thunder and can buck the rider off.

I am discusted that Cherry Creek would allow such treatment of animals and people on thier property. I will be contacting the board of directors for the state parks to inform them. The cruelty was excessive on every level and I can not even go into all of the details there were so many. I wanted to get my money back as soon as I handed him the cash since he ONLY takes cash...I wonder why...but it was too late. He is a very mean person and treats his horses very badly. I saw an advertisement for PaintHorse Stables in Parker saw this link...

A friend of mine went to the same location and had the same opinion. I am bewildered why there aren't more reviews on here of this place. I wish I had taken photos of the horses hooves so I could post them on here.

18  Thank concernedparentvp