“Just average”

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Fountain, Colorado
“Just average”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am a Marriott rewards member, it is about the only brand of hotels that I will stay. I was not overly impressed with this Residence Inn. It was just average. I reserved a two bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa. The bedding for the sleeper sofa was sparse, one pillow and one blanket. The sleeper sofa itself was unbearably uncomfortable. The other beds were fine. My other issue is that they only have two carts for luggage. In a hotel this size, this is unacceptable. I ended up making three trips to my car to get luggage downstairs, because the gentleman working said it would be about a thirty minute wait for a cart.
On another note, we also went to the pool. There were used towels all around, and there were no clean towels. Being a Saturday night, I believe that the hotel staff should have come around a bit more often to make sure that towels were being stocked.
Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again in the future. There are plenty of choices in the area, and I would choose one of them instead.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vincent Y, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review and apologize for the service and amenities not meeting your expectations. The sleeper sofas will be getting repaced with our renovation and we hope this addresses the issue of them being very uncomfortable.

In regard to the pool though, if you have the time to reach out to me at vincent.yi@marriott.com I would like to look into why the towels were not replenished. Guest satisfaction is a priority to us and I would like to address these issues with the correct departments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was stranded by the weather, and was put up here by United. They have a very convenient shuttle and everything about the room and property was nice. Adjacent to several other hotels and a few restaurants, so I wasn't completely bored/miserable...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelGuy72
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Sorry to hear that you were stranded here in Denver. I am pleased we were able to make it a little less stressful on you. We hope to see you again, this time under better circumstances.
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Took a group of 21 to a Catholic Youth Conference. You'd think that a hotel filled with teens and their Chaperons (and I mean FILLED) would be terrible. Not at all. They treated us better than i could have asked. Even finding us food when it was too late to find much else. And did it all with a smile. As far as hotels goes it was what my family considers 'normal.' We travel a lot. But the rooms we stayed in were nice, large and quiet. I'm sure there were some teens running around. but I heard nothing! I asked the front desk if they had complaints, none. They were so nice to us and it had to have been a long hard weekend for all of them as well as us. Thank you for treating us special! I'm rarely this happy. Especially when in charge of so many young people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank crisleem
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I’m so pleased you had a great time and thank you for your feedback. Traveling in a group can be stressful, so it’s good to hear we made you feel special. We look forward to hosting your group again should you be heading back to Denver.

Max
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Though Residence Inns are geared toward long-term stays, I find them a great deal even for one night stays. In this case I was returning from a ski trip and wanted to be near the airport for a morning flight. The extra space a RI room has over a regular hotel room was handy in being able to tuck my skis bag out of the way without having to worry about tripping over it. Though I usually get a room on a high floor, I was glad to be on the ground floor in this case so I didn't have to deal with the skis on the elevator.

The airport shuttle only runs every half hour and is shared with 3 other hotels in the immediate area. The RI is the last pickup on the way to the airport and it was full except for one seat for me. It's also the last drop-off spot on the way back from the airport. Be sure to reserve your shuttle seat in advance.

On Saturdays the free hot breakfast does not truly kick in until 0700. As that was my shuttle pickup time, I was concerned about missing it but they did have juice, cereal and pastries available, enough that I didn't have to buy breakfast at the airport. I appreciated that.

Staff was friendly and even carried one of my bags to my room for me, which I appreciated as well.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cards-Preds-Fan
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our facility and staff during your stay in Denver. I am pleased that we were able to meet all of your needs, even if breakfast was a squeeze on time when trying to catch the shuttle. We look forward to serving you again on your next ski trip.

Casper
Reviewed December 22, 2013

After landing in Denver an hour late, then waiting on the Tarmac another hour while Skywest/United tried to find a gate to park the plane at, my family missed our flight to Panama by five minutes. Not able to get us to Panama for another two days the airline felt they were being generous to give us one room, for one night, at the Residence Inn. We arrived at the hotel around midnight; exhausted and grumpy. Chris (working the desk) took one look at my family of five (young adult children) and said 'the airline only gave you one room? I can't fit you in one of my normal rooms but I think I can work this out.' And that he did, he put us in a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and a pull out couch bed in the sitting area. Thus, ending a crappy day on a high note. I really appreciated how the hotel treated my family. Additionally, the hotel is spotlessly clean, well designed, nicely decorated, and they have an awesome breakfast buffet. The Residence Inn is the only place I will be staying while in Denver in the future.

Room Tip: Room 120 is a great room for a large family.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, I am so glad Chris was able to take good care of you and your family. I can appreciate being stranded somewhere while traveling, and if we can help take some of the sting out the situation then we have succeeded in our mission.

Orlando, FL / Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Overnight on business....super-close to airport and convenient. Spotlessly clean with great staff.....for business it's perfect. It's not luxurious....but it's extremely comfortable. I will stay there again when in Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback, I am glad we lived up to your expectations, and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Denver.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 4 days in April, while in town for business. It was a pretty basic hotel with some additional 'residence' amenities, such as a sink, dish washer, cupboards with plates and coffee cups. Everything was clean, and there was extra dish soap under the sink. The shower curtain was just long enough to reach the top of the tub, so it was a little challenge to keep it in while getting a shower. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly when engaged. I had no major complaints or compliments. It was good.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vincent Y, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Kris S,

I am happy to hear that you had a good time at our hotel. I will look further into the bathroom showers and the curtain though. Thank you once again and hope that we get to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Residence Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!