“Great Deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Great Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I decided to check this place out after doing a search for restaurant style movie theatres in the area. I checked the reviews here and while the reviewer saying that it was in a sketchy area had me slightly concerned, I decided to check it out anyway (figuring I could always keep driving if it was really that bad). I was pleasantly surprised.

Let me first say that the area was not bad at all. The cinema is in a strip mall plaza close to the highway and other strip malls. It didn't seem any worse to me than any other strip mall. As to the place itself, like I said above, I was pleasantly surprised. Inside the theater, there were plenty of seats and menus were spread out but available for all to view. For being a small place, it seemed to be run efficiently - and you can't beat the matinee price on half price Tuesdays ($1.25 for the movie!). The movie itself was no longer in regular theatres, but I have no problem with that. I didn't get a chance to see the movie the first time, and this was a great cheap option to see it before it comes out in various electronic media.

The food wasn't bad. I had the chicken fingers and the portion size was decent. No complaints there. The only fault I could say is that I tried to order a dessert (apple pie - sounded good), only to find out that they didn't have any available. I thought that was a little strange as it was pretty early in the week, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Overall, I would say that the prices make this place worth it. ~$15 for the entire experience - I dare you to try to find that in a normal theatre. You can pay just that much for the movie ticket itself. I would go back again in a heartbeat. And I wouldn't worry too much about the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Denver, Colorado, United States
“decent food for a movie theater, worst location ever”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We found this place on groupon. The area is so very, very sketchy. I did not get a good feeling being there at all. The actual movie and food were decent. The service was decent. I enjoyed everything but the location. I will not be back due to the location.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Westport, Indiana
“Great food. Great setup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was surprisingly great. Had potato skins and they were the best we have ever had. Had halibut fingers and fries and they were great also. They set up is great. We are here on vacation and wished we had something similar back home in Indiana.

Denver, Colorado, USA
“Fine for movie and lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Service here was good, and it wasn't too crowded. Certainly not as comfortable as a regular theater, but if you need to eat a meal while going to the movies, this is a good bet!

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food and movies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to this cinema grill several times and finally have a good sense of the offerings of this location. The price of admission for a matinee show is cheap, a family of four can get in for $10. They show movies on second run, usually a couple weeks after they are shown in the first run theaters. They usually have a good selection of movies ranging from family-friendly to blockbuster action flicks.

The theaters themselves are fairly small, rather intimate settings. Usually there aren't more than 20-30 at each flick. There are rows of swivel chairs with a counter to put your food, and interspersed are little round tables.

The servers are good at what they are doing, and take orders and bring out food with efficiency. They offer the standard American fare such as burgers and other entrees, as well as popcorn and other appetizers, salads, and desserts. Overall the food is decent for movie house cuisine, but nothing to write home about.

The screens seem to have been updated in recent years, so the picture quality is pretty good compared to a couple years ago, but still a notch below the major theaters.

Overall for the price and dining feature, it's a good place to take your family when it's dreary outside for some lunch and movie.

Visited September 2013