“A Tried and True Steakhouse!”

The Summit Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Summit Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 719 Restaurants in Aurora
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Havana and Yale
Transit: Next to the restaurant, Havana & Yale
Description: Summit Steakhouse serves American cuisine specializing in steak and seafood. Enjoy a table or booth in the candle lit ambiance of the Summit main room and have one of our famous and award winning steak dinners. Enjoy our great lunch menu with items starting at $7. Dinner entrees start at $16. If you are looking for entertainment, The Summit has live Bands on Friday & Saturday nights. Many of Denver's hottest bands perform at The Summit Regularly. French doors can be opened to the attached bar & fire place. Come join us for our great happy hour (featuring drink specials & half off appetizers) to relax after those tough days at the office. On those beautiful days enjoy our large patio, a great place to meet up with friends. The Summit room can comfortably seat 80 people with an option to divide the room into two separate rooms, seating 40 in Summit One and 20 in Summit Two. Both the Aspen & Apex rooms can accommodate up to 50 people.
Denver, Colorado
“A Tried and True Steakhouse!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is one of our favorite places for steaks or drinks. The Happy Hour is great, half price drinks and $3.00 off apps. They have live music on the weekends and in the evenings, most nights. The food is prepared by a thoughtful chef and to our liking each and every time!

1 Thank chriss z

Berthoud, Colorado
“Some good; some not”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went to dinner with a group of approximately 20. We were seated in a private room, which was very nice. We had one server (Paul H) who was quite friendly and helpful. When I asked about the house Merlot, he offered to bring me a tasting glass prior to ordering--very nice. And I ordered a glass:)

On the recommendation of a friend, I ordered the escarot appetizer, which was absolutely delicious. Each escarot floating in it's own pool of garlic butter--yum. It is served with toasted baguette, which is somewhat more challenging to dip in the melted garlic butter than soft bread would be. The table had several nice homemade loaves of bread which were half white and half dark--very creative. So far; so good. I also had the french onion soup, served with the usual topping of melted cheese. It was quite delicious.

For my entree I ordered the 16 oz. prime rib, prepared rare+. When the server placed my plate in front of me, the prime rib looked pink, about medium. I asked, "Is this rare+?". He replied that they slow-roast the prime rib all day, and this is how it is. As I was puzzling over his response, and he was serving others at the table, I noticed that there was no creamy horseradish sauce, which is supposed to accompany the au jus with the prime rib. I asked the server about the horseradish sauce. He responded that the kitchen had forgotten it, and he would bring me some, which he did. Still, since he hadn't mentioned it when he brought me my plate, I wonder whether I would have gotten any if I hadn't asked. I ate a portion of the prime rib, which was flavorful, but definitely prepared medium, i.e. solid pink throughout. I like my beef pretty rare so when the server returned to fill glasses, I asked him again whether this was rare+. He asked if I'd like to speak to a manager, which seemed like a good idea. Another gentlemen, apparently the manager, appeared and I showed him my prime rib. He immediately asked, "can I bring you another?" He took my plate and returned with a smaller, probably 12 oz. prime rib, which was somewhat more red than the original one, but still not what I would call rare+. I ate it and wondered why he had replaced a 16 oz. with a 12 oz. Was it because I had already eaten a portion of the too-done meat or did he just make a mistake? The prime rib flavor was just OK; certainly not the best I've ever had. The creamy horseradish didn't seem homemade, and the au jus was just plain watery.

Others in my group did like what they had ordered, especially the creme brulee dessert.

So, the dining experience was very mixed. I would not order the prime rib again if I returned here. I'd most likely try a steak--they can always prepare a new one if they overcook it. There's really no good excuse for the prime rib being prepared incorrectly--twice. If they didn't have any rare or rare+ I should have been told this at the time of my order. Still not OK on a Saturday night, but better than having the server try to convince me that medium is how the prime rib comes.

Naples, Florida
“Large group-steaks overcooked/prime rib undercooked”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Overall this is an average steakhouse. As noted above, the steak/prime rib was not prepared as requested. Rest of the food was not memorable. Service was very good and the private room was nice. Denver has better steakhouses.

Denver Colorado
“Comfortable, Accommodating, Friendly, Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We frequent the Summit on a weekly basis. It is our "neighborhood" spot.
Happy Hour is great, staff wonderful.
We also have shared special occasions, such as anniverary party, birthday party, and just dining with special friends.

Atmosphere always fits the occasion.

Aurora, Colorado
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Happy Hour is a great deal also have good food. The waittress staff is great and very accomadating. There is a lot of different people that go to the Summit

Visited November 2012