“Great, authentic Indian food.”

Masalaa Indian Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 729 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Indian
London, United Kingdom
“Great, authentic Indian food.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I came here with four friends on a Monday evening. I had the Royal Thali which was a great way to try various different dishes, and it was a lot of food, I had to take some home with me! My friends tried various other dishes which all went down well. Recommended!

• Visited June 2013

Golden, Colorado
“A Taste of India in the Rocky Mountain West”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It would have been impossible to find a vegetarian Indian restaurant in the middle of Denver, Colorado even 25 years ago. There is one now and has been there for several years; it is Masalaa's in Aurora, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. The food is authentic, clean and well-prepared. Buffets are the best bet and are available every day of the week.

• Visited July 2012
Fair Oaks, California
“All veggie, all good!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

CAVEAT: we ate there on Christmas Eve, so perhaps that is why the service was so slow my partner had to go find a waiter (even though they kept walking right by our table). It was worth the wait, with divine mango lassis, deep fried jalapenos, an enormous dosa (crepe stuffed with potatoes and love) and fascinating artwork including masks of Krishna. I would go back for sure since there are so many tasty items on the menu but before I'd let the waiter escape, I'd put in a drink and app order ASAP.

• Visited December 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“Great Southern Indian”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

When I was recently on Anna Maria Island in FL, I ate at a restaurant called Island Spice. It was phenomenal and my first try at Southern Indian. The owner used to live in CO and owned a few restaurants here. Sadly, he decided to pack up and head South. I asked him if he could recommend a similar style restaurant here and he did and it was very comparable and worth returning to. Southern Indian is known for their Dosas, which is a thin and crispy crepe made of rice and lentil flour and filled with a cornucopia of ingredients. What I love about this place is that it is 100% vegetarian/vegan. There aren't a lot of restaurants that can claim to be that. What a nice choice to have right in my own backyard.

• Visited November 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Veggie Indian in Denver”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

In my visit to Denver last week I was looking for some restaurants that were pure vegetarian or had good veggie options. Masalaa is no the best place I have eaten at for this type of food, but pretty much lived up to expectations, and is well worth a visit.
The menu is primarily South Indian but with some North Indian options. Items are vegan or lacto-vegetarian (milk/cheese) - but no eggs etc. This is typical Hindu vegetarian fare.
We loved the mixed platter of appetisers, a generous portion for two people and lots of different flavours. In the mains, the bhindi curry and rice was great, the uttappam was good but not outstanding. For dessert, I would highly recommend the house strawberry and mango kulfi. They can make the dishes more or less spicy, the standard versions are a little on the mild side.
We found the service to be attentive even on a busy evening, and overall this was a very pleasant experience.
Note directions if you are using public transport, we had difficulty finding it. The restaurant is located next to the Nine Mile station, at the end of the 'H' Line. When you come out of the station you have to cross the car park out to the junction of i225 and Parker Road. You then need to cross diagonally over, and the restaurant is tucked away in a parade behind the front row of shops.

• Visited August 2012