“Actually quite surprising”

Ranked #266 of 728 Restaurants in Aurora
Valdosta, Georgia
“Actually quite surprising”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was a little wary of trying a place without any reviews, but I really wanted some Mexican food and this was close to the hotel I was at. The parking lot was pretty full, a good sign. The decor and style was cool, and it made quite a nice ambiance. The menu was pretty diverse, and not the usual 'Americanized-Mexican' food choice (where a #2 combo is the same at every Mexican place). They had a pretty decent selection of vegetarian choices as well as some off-beat combos and a spot for a build your own overstuffed burrito. When I judge a Mexican place, I usually base my opinion on the quality of the chips, the salsa, the fajita fillings, and the guacamole. The chips here were decent, nothing way above average but the salsa was decent. The vegetarian fajitas were great. The veggies included zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, and even baby corn. It was very well seasoned and not too spicy. The guacamole was above average, just the right amount of chunkiness. What really blew me away was the lime-cilantro rice. That was easily one of the best rice dishes I have had in some time. If I wasn't stuffed, I would have gotten another side order of the rice. The wait staff was friendly and prompt on refills, and the prices pretty reasonable. All in all, a pretty good dining experience and worth another trip to try one of the burritos next time.

• Visited June 2013