“Better than some, not as good as others” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Denver, Colorado
“Better than some, not as good as others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been here twice--dinners both times. It's not bad, but I've read these glowing reviews and frankly I didn't have that experience. Atmosphere is okay, nothing special. Food isn't anything to home about. It's better than East Cafe; more spice. We didn't try the "authentic" menu in back--I think next time we'll do that. It's worth another try to see that. Overall, having been to hundreds of Chinese restaurants in many parts of the country, I'd say that this one isn't one that I'd prize on my list.

• Visited January 2014

Shorashim
“Delicious Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I ate here and it did not disappoint. The food is very tasty and fresh with wonderful favors and textures. Everyone enjoyed the various dishes ordered. We had a whole striped bass that was fantastic. Worth a special effort!

Visited March 2014
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Szechuan Jewel in Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We just returned from two weeks in Szechuan, China and heard about the new restaurant one of its top chefs just opened in Aurora, CO. It's so good it's worth a journey.
The layered tastes of spices, vegetables and protein rivaled the best meals we had in China.
The atmosphere is plain but the food is world class.
Try the Steamed Striped Bass with Ginger and Scallons for something mild, Mapo Tofu with Ground Beef for something hot. You can't go wrong with any of the chef's specialties.
If you like spicy food, this place is heaven. Ask for recommendations. They will explode your concepts of Chinese Food. This is the real thing.

• Visited November 2013
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Excellent Chinese Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have had great Chinese food in New York and San Francisco. This restaurant in Aurora, Colorado stands toe to toe with any of them in quality, quantity and flavor of their dishes and quite frankly is the best Chinese food I've ever had the pleasure of eating. I highly recommend Chef Liu's to anyone hankering for Chinese food in the Denver/Aurora Colorado area. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013