“Great Place/Service”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #1 of 746 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We ate at Ted's while staying at the Hyatt (which I was told had it's own restaurant). It was a pleasant surprise after many troubles at the Hyatt. It has big wooden booths and is not noisy. The food was excellent and not tourist prices, wine list had the basic good California wines. Our server, "Xavier" was exceptional. There was always someone at hand if you needed something.
Very Clubby comfortable setting and great food.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is not a Morton's, Capital Grille, or Ruth's Chris steakhouse, and it doesn't pretend to be; it's the other side of pretentious. And it is priced accordingly, meaning you will get good quality meats and fish (limited fish selection), well prepared side dishes, fresh salads, and a limited wine list (but extensive cocktail list), at reasonable prices. I love this place, the consistency and the ambience. One of my favorites is the bunless bison burger with blue cheese, sweet potato fires, coleslaw, and roasted asparagus. I have eaten at this location at least a dozen times and it can get busy, but the service has always been great. Thank you Mr. Turner

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first visit to Ted's in several years. I used to eat at Ted's when I lived in Atlanta, and found this one next to our hotel near DIA.

The food was delicious. The server was professional and friendly. The ambiance really takes you back to "old Montana!"

We had the sliders appetizer, wedge salad, and one of us had the Filet. All were prepared perfectly!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Ted's this year and did not like it at all. The turkey was very salty. They piled pulled dark turkey meat into a pile and put a few slices of white meat on top. The potatoes were dry. The squash casserole was terrible. I'm usually a fan of this restaurant, but their Thanksgiving dinner was pricey and way below their standards

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We called ahead to the restaurant to see if they could accommodate a large group, but we were told that the restaurant couldn’t accommodate twenty of us at a large table (or small tables pushed together). We were perfectly fine with this, and were sat as groups of four or five throughout the restaurant.

Our group drew a short straw at some point, because we got the waitress who we had to ask three times for the pickles (with an eventual apology, and the delicious pickles that replace bread from other restaurants brought out right before the entrees) and appeared to have issues with bringing us our checks in a timely fashion (then disappeared after she took our credit cards).

The food was good. One note: I ordered my steak medium, but blood spurt out onto the plate when I cut into it. For a person who likes a warm pink center (the definition of medium), I was a little disgusted but powered through (most of) it because the meat was still good.

Bottom Line: The food was just as good as the other Ted’s Montana Grills we’ve been to, but the service was disappointing compared to the other restaurants. The waitress didn’t get as high of a tip from the other people that were in our small group. It was kind-of a shame, because she seemed to be a nice enough person.

Please know that this restaurant apparently told a member of our party that they would not be able to accommodate that large of a group because they were not equipped to manage that size group in general, not because of a specific function or lack of availability that night, so I would either check with them prior to making arrangements to see if they’ve changed their policies or… pick another restaurant!