“The BBQ was delicious, some of the best we have experienced!”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #18 of 732 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had great food and great service. They offer a great choice of beers. The BBQ was some of the best we have ever had! We will go back to this location for sure next time we are in the Denver area.

There are newer reviews for Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a wonderful discovery and referral by a local. Prices were extraordinarily reasonable and the food was exceptional. Our waiter had enough character for double takes, but we truly loved this place. Wanted to return.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Obviously Colorado is not known for it's BBQ. It's because of this (and being from KC) I learned the hard way, therefore I decided that the only good BBQ I'm going to get around here is the BBQ I smoke myself. So I learned, I got good at it and I now compete. Since then a couple of good local BBQ joints have surfaced - Hickory House (in Parker) and Jim 'N Nicks. I'm not always in the mood to go through the ritual every time I want BBQ so last night we ate at Jim 'N Nicks with my wife and parents.

I've had the BBQ classics there the few times I've been there before and they've always been good, but last night I decided to try something different so I had their Saturday night special - a smoked 12 ounce prime rib. Tasty! My dad also had it but he complained that his had too much gristle and fat. My wife had a combo of ribs, chicken & pork. I sampled hers and it was also very good. My biggest complaint regarding our evening is that my nephew (who also joined us) had French fries with his meal and one of them appeared to have a bad spot or mold on it.

The place was packed and loud on a Saturday night, which is to be expected and service was a little slow but all in all I thought the staff did a good job keeping up. Our seating wait time was 25 minutes which is also not bad for a Saturday night. Not a perfect experience overall but I WILL be back!

1  Thank Legamania
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We eat here frequently - at least three times a month. The food is generally good and well prepared and service is almost always good. We've had most things on their menu and my wife likes their burgers. If you're in the area they are worth a try - we've never been disappointed. Today I had their southern pimento sandwich - not bad if you like pimento cheese and I do, not bad but I probably won't have it again. I do like their southern catfish sandwitch and their southern club - both generous portions.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Seated 12 of us on a Sunday afternoon with no problem. Staff was very kid friendly. Try anything BBQ and enjoy the fabulous corn muffins they bring to you while waiting for your meal.