“Welcome to hungry travelers”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #14 of 723 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Welcome to hungry travelers”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Found this restaurant located in a large shopping plaza not far from the airport and next to I-70. Great BBQ! Excellent service and good atmosphere. WILL visit again. The beef brisket sliders were GREAT!!

Houston, Texas
“Come hungry!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

All I can say is come hungry because you need to get the appetizer riblets and then enjoy the briskets. Of course the chicken, full ribs and pulled pork is also very good. The portions are good sized and you may need a to-go box. I'll visit this location next time I'm in town.

Papillion, Nebraska
“Nice BBQ place”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The atmosphere at this location was great, the Service was good, The menu had a great selection of entrees and sandwiches. I had the hickery grilled chicken breast, the flavor was lacking and it was a little dry, but others in the group said the place was great and they would go back.

Canberra, Australia
“great value!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Aurora. Have been here multiple times as a couple and once a large group. We usually don't reserve a table and although they are busy, we can get a table after a short wait (5 minutes or so). I imagine you'd have to book for a Friday night though.

I've only had their sandwiches/burgers but they are delicious! Pulled Chicken is my favourite as it's really smoky and moist and my partner loves the Hamburger Dave. They also have the best cheese biscuits which they put on the table while you're waiting for the meal.

The service is really good too! I've been here close to 10 times and had an average service experience only once where the waiter was really apathetic but all the other times the waiters were really efficient and friendly and most of them go the extra mile to make sure you have a fantastic dining experience.

They also have some local beers on tap which is nice, especially if you're new to Colorado and want to try some local beer.

I like the atmosphere too. The restaurant always seems to be busy but it doesn't feel cramped or too loud. I also like the smoked meat smell. Definitely not a place for vegetarians though.

And last but not least, this place is very affordable and provides great value for your money. All the sandwiches and burgers are under $10 and the ribs are much cheaper than in many other places.

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Good food - check bill before signing”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hello again. Jim & Nick's has good food. The corn muffins are good (ask for the honey butter) but they will always give you an odd amount (3 for 2 people)- I asked them why and they said that it was a "conversation starter" for those who couldn't think of anything to say to one another. I would think that might lead to "back away from the muffin". The catfish is good, my husband aways has the brisket and sausage but I think the pickles on the bbq are weird. Their ribs are supposed to be their big draw but I like mine juicy and fally-aparty and these you will have to gnaw on. The lemon icebox pie is killer.
Ok, here is my downside. Three times when I have been there I have had trouble with my tab. Once I was charged an arm and a leg for my Arnold Palmer (lemonade with iced tea) - one charge for the lemonade, one for the iced tea and a refill- and the drinks cost more then the meal. Shame on me that I didn't catch it at first. The next time I was presented with a bill for a table of 8 when we had 2 people. Easy to catch- no waitstaff apology other than "I am really busy- Jeez". Yesterday the waitress ran my bill and the table next to ours both on my credit card. No, I didn't know the other diners and didn't offer to pay for their meal. My bill was $40ish and theirs was $80 something. I was told that I had to wait until the charge "dropped off" which meant that my $ was in limbo for 7-10 days. The manager was too busy to come to our table and when I called him the next day he said "these things happen". They happen at J & N all too frequently. Check your bill and fix it before you leave.

• Visited February 2013