“Good... pricey”

Ranked #13 of 724 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good... pricey”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

As most BBQ is... it is a little pricey. Pretty family friendly though and that is what count for us. Take out is quick and easy if you call ahead. Very similar to other BBW joints around.

Visited April 2012

Gilmer, Texas
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were there the night before Thanksgiving and it was packed. Even with the crowd, we were seated within 10 minutes. Our server was terrific, food arrived timely and was hot and delicious. Cabbage was one of the veggies of the day and it was excellent....per my Polish husband. I was very pleased with the pork ribs and my husband thought the brisket was also good. My son had the pulled pork and said it was yummy. We will go back again...fun place, nice decor and good food so why not?

• Visited November 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Taco Tuesday!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I always enjoy a trip to Jim and Nicks but Tuesdays are awesome because they have BBQ inspired tacos. There are about seven different tacos to chose from, ask for the taco menu. They use a small flour tortilla and load them with things like pulled pork with slaw or beef brisket and hot links. My favorite is the fried catfish taco.

If you go there I would also recommend trying their fried catfish plate and ask for some buffalo wing sauce on the side. One of the employees (mike) suggested this and I thought he was crazy until I tried it out. It was crazy good! A little buffalo sauce with a dab of tarter sauce.

The staff is friendly and the service is fast.

Guaynabo
“Nice family place!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had been there twice, both times waitress was extremely helpful and accomodating. Their portions are huge first of all. When we asked the waitress if we could split a meal, she did not hesitate. It was the perfect portion!! Loved it!! I am not a huge fan of meat, meat, meat....but I enjoyed it very much and their side dishes are very tasty. If I have a group that wants to go again, I would go!

• Visited August 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“They rival the "other" Famous BBQ place!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We've been to the Jim 'n NIck's BBQ's in the Northfield Denver area many times before.
This one (Aurora) was a little closer to our home so thought we'd give them a try. Service was prompt, with our server, Kristin, smiling and attentive throughout our stay. The food (Brisket plate and Ribs) was very good. The ribs were meaty and flavorful even without any sauce. Brisket was cooked through, yet tender and tasty. BBQ sauce was tangy but not overly spicy, just the way we liked it. Quantities were ample enough to take a bite home for a snack. Sides were good with sufficient choices to satisfy your palate. The "cheesy biscuits" were so good, you could easily make a meal of them! A nice beer and wine list complimented the menu. Overall, service, quality, and quantity made a good value. Casual dining at an affordable price. Will definitely go back again and again and again.

• Visited October 2012