“Great Customer service, on the pricey side”

Wine Experience Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Experience Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 754 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Ave.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have purchased wine here, and they are great about recommendations. We also did a wine and cheese flight once, that was very good, but had a big price tag with it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to dinner with friends from the area. I am not a wine drinker my self, but all my dinner companions raved about the wine. They requested a bottle that was not available and the staff quickly found a comparable one to offer them.

The food was delicious. I have the prosciutto and chicken pizza. Husband had the mac and cheese and our friends both had the scallops. Everyone raved about the food. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food here is always good and the atmosphere is romantic (but can be noisy). I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This location was recommended to me by a friend. The location is wonderful and I was really ready for a wonderful night. Our waiter Danny was not as promised and when we asked some questions about wine he rolled his eyes and said there is a lot of wine, no kidding! He was less than attentive and we had to ask several times for more bread etc. He finally checked on us AFTER our meal was done. The food was good but not great. Prices were average. Service is what really left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure I would go back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Entering the Wine Experience thru the wine shop gave us a nice preview as to what we could look forward to at this evening of dining for my best friend's birthday. Greeted by a nice young man, we were immediately shown to the table despite that we were early for our 6 PM reservation. We were offered a choice of water for the table. The server/bartender came to help us with our selection. We began with a wine flight for the two of us. This was accompanied by a cheese platter tailored for two. We selected the calamari tempura appetizer, which had good texture and flavor. There were little surprises of tempura jalapeño intermixed with the green bean tempura that gave us quite a pop. My dining partner ordered the crab mac and cheese. It was a generous and tasty portion - really enough for a few people. I ordered the quail paired with roasted pork belly . They were both very good. The golden mashed potatoes that were served with my entree, were creamy and well seasoned. We had to forgo dessert, but there was a nice selection. When we paid the bill, the waiter offered us a choice of a bottle of wine that came with our dining package from Groupon. Overall, a very nice evening at the Wine Experience at Southlands.

Been to Wine Experience Cafe? Share your experiences!