“Great Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff in Aurora exceeded our expectations. Everyone from the front desk to the dining hostess was very attentive to offer assistance even before it was requested. Sandy and Tim at the front desk were quick to provide directions to local destinations. The managers snack bar was a great surprise and very much appreciated after a long day of travel. The nachos and cheese were great! The breakfast host and hostess (on different days) kept the dining room clean and replenished as some families left and new guests entered for breakfast. The room was very clean and in perfect order. It is nice to know the TV remote is sanitized.
The only negative thing that was concerning is that someone was smoking a lot on the 4th floor and taking extra steps to keep the hallway window open. It was evident that air freshener was used in attempt to camouflage the odor. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

In this hotel you basically get what you pay for.

Positives:
- the rate was very good
- the room that I stayed in was quiet and clean
- location felt secure and was nearby lots of retail and restaurants

Negatives:
- the internet did not work in my room the entire stay (it did work in the lobby)
- the breakfast was very minimal
- there was a very strong smell of cleaning chemicals in the hallways

I stayed in this hotel for five nights, which was too long. I maybe would stay here again if I was just in the area overnight, but think I would pick someplace else for a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

If I could pick a rating somewhere between "average" and "very good" I would have chosen that option because this was a solid "good" stay.....IMHO, this hotel is everything a 2-star hotel ought to be. It was nothing fancy but I am not complaining. As long as you aren't expecting a 3 or 4 star hotel you should be satisfied as they had all the important things covered. I thought the room was very clean. The bathroom was clean and towels were fresh. The water pressure and shower head very good. The bed was comfortable and the pillows nice. The room was a little plain vanilla but not really a big deal. The sink and mirror was outside the bathroom which is not my preference but again, not a deal breaker. The hallways were always clean. I thought all the areas I traveled smelled good. No fufu smells or pets or smoke. I thought the staff was great. Two gentlemen and a lady all treated us good and held a professional attitude but I didn't think "stuffy". The "happy hour" consisted of pretzels, peanuts, trail mix and hot pretzels as well as nachos. A carafe of white wine was available as well as some domestic beer on ice. Breakfast was the standard: scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast and waffles along with Juice etc. I believe the name of the lady working the breakfast was Rebekah. She is a rock star! She was so nice I hope I have her name right as she deserved recognition. She provided trays to take food back to our room. In addition, the morning we checked out, the breakfast was not yet being served and the gentleman at the front desk encouraged us to pack a to-go bag to take to the airport with some of the items that were already set out. After my less-than-sparkling review of the Best Western Punta Gorda in 2011, I am happy to say that this location has won some points with me towards a better impression of Best Western properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank purple60
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stopped at this hotel numerous times and have always found it very comfortable and good value for money, the staff are all so friendly, the rooms are clean and smell fresh, the breakfast has a lot of choice. Everything is just right to make for a good stay.

Room Tip: We ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as I like to sleep with the window open, and it is quiete...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in town for a conference and chose to stay at this hotel. It is conveniently located right on the freeway with easy access to restaurants and shopping. We were able to have our breakfast at the hotel each morning. It is a full hot breakfast with loads of selections. The dining room is roomy and not in a main walkway area. The staff at the hotel was friendly and we interacted with all shifts over the two days we were there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Denver area. It is convenient to the Airport and downtown. We were very pleased. If I had one request, it would be that they would have some standard sized pillows available upon request. I really don't like the square boxy ones but that was all they had.

Room Tip: Our room was on the east side/not facing the highway, so was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

On my trip this was the first time in Colorado which is such a beautiful state, and the front desk attendant was very friendly and offered numbers for late night restaurants. Although I called a local pizza place the order took way to long, and the quality was not very good.

Room Tip: The room was clean with fresh linens and towels always a plus for me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Canon City, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

After being in the hospital for 6 days following major surgery,, it was so nice to be in a very clean, well kept hotel. All of the staff was so friendly and helpful to us. Our handicap room was perfect for my husband. The layout of the room was so helpful in that my husband could get around with ease. The long hallways were great for him to walk through as he felt very safe. It was nice that the staff would stop and speak to him each day inquiring about how he was feeling that day. The breakfasts were so yummy. Everything was hot and the service was quick when we needed something.
We thank the entire front desk staff and the rest of the hotel staff for all their kindness shown to us. Yes, we have follow up dates to return to this very nice hotel when we need to see the doctor in 6 weeks, 3 months and 1 year.
Give this hotel a visit, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple