“Family time at BBQ”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Reserve with OpenTable
Famous Dave's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 807 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: WELCOME TO THE LONGEST-RUNNING BACKYARD BBQ PARTY IN HISTORY! We serve amazing BBQ to friends and fellow food lovers. Reserve your seat now and join the best BBQ party in Colorado. MADE-FROM-SCRATCH GOODNESS! A passion for authentic BBQ is behind everything we do. We start with top quality meats, hand-rub them with fresh spices, and slow-cook them to perfection. FAMOUS DAVE: HE’S THE REAL DEAL! Raised by Southern-born BBQ lovers in a world of street-corner barrel smokers, Famous Dave spent 25 years visiting thousands of BBQ joints. After decades pulling his own all-night cooking sessions, he felt he was ready to open his own BBQ place in 1994. AMERICA’S MOST AWARD-WINNING RESTAURANT! Our passion for BBQ is famous! We’re honored to be consistently chosen as America’s favorite BBQ restaurant. We also like heading out to competitions and putting our BBQ up against what the other elite pitmasters are cooking. To date, we’ve won more than 700 awards!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were there for a Friday night - last minute - dinner out. Good food. Great service - attentive without overbearing.
There are many sauces for the meats; there is a variety of meat. Plus, there is more food on the plate for usual BBQ fare. You must try the brisket.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

It was easy to get seating on a Wednesday night. The waitress came to the table quickly.
She was holding a brightly colored advertisement of what I thought was specials. After looking at the menu my friend had never been to Famous Dave's so I saw the special $29.95 for 2 that had a little bit of everything and four side dishes. The food came in a reasonable time and was very good. It was way to much for us to eat so we had to have take home boxes. When I got the bill it was $38.99 plus tax. I told the waitress I thought it was $29.00. She brought the special back to show us that that was Tuesday's special. I told her that was very deceptive when I pointed at the price. She brought the manager over and he told us that "Normal people don't make that mistake"
I told that's fine I won't be coming back. For $9.00 this corporation is willing throw away customers. So be it.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

My family and I have eaten at several Famous Dave's over the past 10 years, including at least a dozen times at this particular one. It used to be darn good, if not great, at least for this part of the world. (Let's face it; the Denver area is not KC, Memphis or TX.) Our most recent experience was a disappointment!! Food was overcooked and the service was slow and almost unfriendly. I would still go back, but mainly just to check whether they've fixed the problems or............

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My family loves to eat at Famous Dave's for BBQ dinner! They offer a good sized menu with a lot of meat choices and sides to go with your BBQ. They also have many appetizers to choose from. It is a good family dinner and the dining room is uniquely decorated. The sweet tea is just like down south also!

Reviewed June 1, 2017

My daughter wanted to go here for her birthday dinner. So the family jumped in the car and off we went! We ordered a sample platter that has most everything from the menu that you would want; ribs, chicken, brisket etc... We also ordered the Barbecue Nachos. I really struggled with this review because although for me personally, the food was served quickly on the slower weekday night we were there, the flavors didn't really win me over. When I eat BBQ, I want it served Hot, the meat needs to look as though it Just came off of the coals of a barbeque pit, and dripping with good-Ness to the point that I can't wait to eat it because my mouth is watering before I take a bite!

This was not that for me. The food was good for a chain food establishment, but not to die for! Average.

CAB

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!