“A Gem of a Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After we had an issue with a hotel we book in advance of our trip my companion remembered she stayed here when interviewing at one of the hospitals across the street. They accommodated us at the last minute though said at that point they didn't have a room the last night of our stay. They put us on a wait list and we got to stay all 3 nights. The hotel is very clean and modern. All the staff we dealt with were professional, friendly and willing to help any way they could. The breakfast in the morning was fresh with many choices. I believe this hotel is used for a lot of medical business people but I saw families as well. Would definitely stay again. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: back side of hotel would avoid noise from Colfax Blvd
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello batmik,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted you had a nice experience and we hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Visiting with family while at a tournament, this hotel was almost perfect.
It was a newer building and well maintained. I tend to request a high floor away from vending, so I was very happy that my in-laws were able to get us on the fourth (top) floor. I liked that access to this floor was restricted to guests with a room on that floor by way of a room key swipe in the elevator. Unfortunately, this didn't mean that the other guests on that floor would be respectable or courteous. Our first night in, after a pretty long travel day, we were kept up by what sounded like a nightclub in one of the rooms with seemingly heavy traffic going in and out. I planned to call the front desk and ask for them to fix the problem, but the noise seemed to quite a little. As I was finally dozing off, around 1:30am, the phone rang and the caller identified herself as the front desk. She asked if she had just sent security to my room, and I was disappointed that when I informed her that she hadn't, there was no apology for the late hour of the call.
Other than that issue, our stay was nice. The room was very nice and I liked that there was a lavatory area as well as a bathroom with the tub/ shower and a sink (no toilet in that one.) the seating area was separated from the beds by a desk, good sized, and frosted glass windows that could slide open.
Breakfast was adequate, but if you stay on a Sunday, I suggest you get down there early or the church that comes in for services might clean the food out and you'll be lucky to have a worth while breakfast. (There is a Panera Bread basically next store, so that would be my preference.)
Housekeeping was courteous and did a fine job each day.
Bottom line is that I would stay here if I returned to the area but if another problem arose, I would report it and ask to be compensated.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for the fourth floor- even if its a little more. The room we had was double q...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello SoccerTournaments,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your stay with us. On behalf of our team, please accept my apologies for the late night phone call. I will investigate this a bit further to see what happened because it sounds like an unusual circumstance. In any event, thank you so much for your business and I am pleased that the rest of your stay was good and the rooms served your needs. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My second stay at this property and new construction so the new "Springhill" layout which I like compared to the older properties. I always recommend high floor because I am a light sleeper and I was put on the 3rd floor this time and not the 4th floor. Last time was put on 4th floor and liked that since it was quieter and they do have it as an executive floor with snacks certain times of the day. I am a platinum premier and was VERY disappointed they did not assign me to a 4th floor room and figured they were sold out. But later that night I looked and they still were selling the executive floor rooms on the website so was more disappointed. I was there just one night and did not figure it was important, Until about 7 am when was awakened by the lout noise of the people above, Was shocked how loud. I had a horrible stay since I was up late taking my son to the airport for a red-eye flight so was hoping to get much more sleep. Then when i checked out was even more disappointed when the front desk person did not even asked how my stay was, so just did not want to waste my time complaining. I am finding more and more with Marriott properties that they are not worried about your stay, very disappointing and do not understand why hotels in the US with Marriott have moved away from good service. I travel most every week for business and if I get frustrated and can imagine how a non frequent traveler feels or they just figure that is how it is these days with hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello jbeasley61,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for your lackluster experience. This is certainly not the way we like to be reviewed in any forum. I will definitely review our processes and procedures for upgrading our Elite members as well as insuring a great stay by asking at departure how the stay was. This is a Marriott standard and we clearly dropped the ball with you. This is not a good representation of Marriott and certainly not our hotel. I am committed to improve where we need improvement and hopefully your next stay with us will exceed your expectations. Thanks you for your Platinum Elite loyalty and have a nice day.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for One night due to familiy Members in the Hospital at University which is right across the street from this Hotel. When I called to ask about the Hospital rates I was given a rate and Made the Reservation. Upon check in A rather Rude first comment was "Do you Have Proof that you are Here on Medical Business" We will not honor this rate with out a Letter from the Hospital. Well this was never the case in the Past. So the First Impression was Rude with A bad taste In my Mouth. Well after checking in decided we would take the Kids to the Pool The Pool was Ice cold and The Spa was so Green and Filthy Dirty I did not realy even want to sit in tthat Water. When I mentioned this to the same Surly Front Desk Person He stated " Oh it is always that way. Well on the Good Side the Room was Clean and The Beds Are Comfortable. But the Service here is Lacking and If you want a Clean Pool area go Elsewhere. Check out was just as Rude and the Front Desk Manager was not Much better. No personality in this Department and a We could care Less attitude.

3  Thank champdiego

Dear champdiego,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment of your disappointing stay with us. This is certainly not an acceptable representation of our hotel or the Marriott name. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and having our amenities in operating order. Regarding the rate situation, it is true that we do ask for some sort of documentation for our discounted rates and that would include the patient rate. We understand that this is a potentially sensitive situation and we do work with the staff to come up with a tactful and professional way to ask. Your experience upon check in will make for a valuable training tool for our team. In terms of the rude and surly service, I am immediately addressing this with our team to find out where we must improve our training.
Recently, we had been having problems with our pool equipment but it has been repaired. Please accept my sincerest apologies for our failure to make your stay a great stay. Should you ever have a need to stay in our area again, please call me directly for your reservations. Thank you and have a nice day!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's a very nice and modern Hotel, if you are going to CU medical campus this is the perfect Hotel, it's right infront of it, very spacious and modern rooms, break fast included, free wifi available, and affordable prices,

Room Tip: if you are going to CU medical campus this is the perfect Hotel, it's right infront of it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello Dario F,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We really like boutique hotels and we did not want to stay here. Most of our time was going to be spent at the hospital so we bit the bullet and made a reservation to stay here for 5 days. We were really glad that we. Our drive to the hospital in the morning was 3 minutes and the traffic in Denver can be a nightmare. The hotel had a nice buffet in the morning - just the usual, but the seating was nice and you could have privacy - you weren't crushed. The bed was really, really good. The layout of the room made it feel larger. The work station was well done. The TV was good. There is a shower/sink room and a toilet/sink room which made getting ready more pleasant. Liked it and would recommend to anyone spending time at the Anschutz Center/University Hospital. Location, location, location.

Room Tip: Not much good food around hotel - get a list of restaurants from the front desk so that you know the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi suebor,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is a modern and upscale hotel with many amenities. The lobby is open and spacious. Breakfast facilities and bar, and exercise room, pool and spa all within convenient locations. The room's arrangement was superb in terms of working space, relaxation, and rest. The working station is modern and convenient. The sitting area was very inviting and the bedroom area was available with various lighting. The LCD screen was large and and movable. Shower was tremendous with extra shower heads for an invigorating experience. The bathroom decor was modern and lighting was excellent. I hope to say at another SpringHIll Suites in the future. If you in the Denver/Aurora area, make sure you stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello Thomas B,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.