“Very nice and modern Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida, United States
“Very nice and modern Hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's a very nice and modern Hotel, if you are going to CU medical campus this is the perfect Hotel, it's right infront of it, very spacious and modern rooms, break fast included, free wifi available, and affordable prices,

Room Tip: if you are going to CU medical campus this is the perfect Hotel, it's right infront of it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hello Dario F,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Brad Leonard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Vail
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We really like boutique hotels and we did not want to stay here. Most of our time was going to be spent at the hospital so we bit the bullet and made a reservation to stay here for 5 days. We were really glad that we. Our drive to the hospital in the morning was 3 minutes and the traffic in Denver can be a nightmare. The hotel had a nice buffet in the morning - just the usual, but the seating was nice and you could have privacy - you weren't crushed. The bed was really, really good. The layout of the room made it feel larger. The work station was well done. The TV was good. There is a shower/sink room and a toilet/sink room which made getting ready more pleasant. Liked it and would recommend to anyone spending time at the Anschutz Center/University Hospital. Location, location, location.

Room Tip: Not much good food around hotel - get a list of restaurants from the front desk so that you know the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi suebor,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is a modern and upscale hotel with many amenities. The lobby is open and spacious. Breakfast facilities and bar, and exercise room, pool and spa all within convenient locations. The room's arrangement was superb in terms of working space, relaxation, and rest. The working station is modern and convenient. The sitting area was very inviting and the bedroom area was available with various lighting. The LCD screen was large and and movable. Shower was tremendous with extra shower heads for an invigorating experience. The bathroom decor was modern and lighting was excellent. I hope to say at another SpringHIll Suites in the future. If you in the Denver/Aurora area, make sure you stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello Thomas B,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Pros:
-Great location, close to everything around Aurora.
-The whole building is brand-new and the rooms are some of the nicest I’ve seen.
-The staff is the most kind and helpful I’ve ever found in a chain hotel.
-Free breakfast in the morning that is usually pretty healthy.
-Nice big, new TV!

Cons:
-No kitchenette to cook my own food, so I ended up moving to Homewood suites instead.
-I did come across some expired food in their breakfast refrigerator.
-The bathroom is very modern, however there is a translucent glass shelf with very sharp edges in there that can be difficult to see. I bent over to get a towel and hit it with my head. This resulted in quite a bloody situation. In other words, this room probably wouldn't be suitable for kids, though it’s very nice for adults.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank L G
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello L G,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your stay with us. My apologies for the expired item getting by us in the breakfast fridge. Obviously that is not consistent with our high standards. I will advise our breakfast team to be more careful when re-stocking the milk and yogurt. Also, I will look into the shelf issue in the guest room bathrooms. Feedback like this is very important for us in terms of constant improvement and training. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Mancos, Colorado
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I come to Denver twice a year for appointments at the University of Colorado hospital. I am so thankful this wonderful facility has been built in such a convienent location. The rooms are extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are great. It is also nice to have the small bar to enjoy a glass of wine at. But the very best part of this facility is the staff, from the front desk people to the housekeepers, everyone is extremely friendly and very kind.Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello newmexicolady,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Edgewood
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I used to enjoy staying at Marriott hotels. That is, until I stayed at their Springhill Suites, Aruria in Denver the weekend of April 20th, 2013. We had quite a few rooms for a wedding. When we arrived, I was wearing my iPod and threw it in my bag for the rest of the stay. On my way back to the airport to go home, I looked for it, only to find it gone.

That Saturday morning, we slept in and awoke to find a note saying they would clean the room if we called, otherwise they would come back the next day. We were fine with that. We went out and when we returned later that afternoon, we surprised someone from housekeeping in the room, who hadn't done anything (except maybe go through our bags) and left when we asked her to. I have no doubt she stole my iPod and headphones which weren't attached.

Of course I wrote and called Marriott and they 'are so sorry' that happened!

I used to leave tips for housekeeping. Not only will I stop doing that, but I WILL NOT stay at any Marriott's again and I hope whoever reads this wont either.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Morey L
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello Morey L,

I am distressed to read about your experience at the SpringHill Suites. I have questioned my whole team on this and I am unable to get any information. Did you report this to the front desk or a Manager on Duty before or after your departure? I am thinking that you may have identified the wrong hotel in your review. In any event, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you further on this matter. This clearly is not a good representation of Marriott and I am hopeful that you are able to see this response and contact me. As an ambassador for all of Marriott, I am please to assist you in finding some resolution to this. Thank you so much and have a nice day!

SpringHill Suites Denver/Aurora/Fitzsimons
Imperial, Nebraska
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The trip was unexpected when our grand daughter was taken to Children's Hospital for emergency treatment. SpringHill is right across the street. The Suites were very warm and welcoming, the staff was great and the breakfast wonderful. We are planning on using SpringHill again when we return to Children's Hospital with our grand daughter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello Rickie P,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased that you thought so highly of us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again under better circumstances. Our best to your family and of course, your grand daughter. .

Brad Leonard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus? Share your experiences!