“So thankful for this hotel”

SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I come to Denver twice a year for appointments at the University of Colorado hospital. I am so thankful this wonderful facility has been built in such a convienent location. The rooms are extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are great. It is also nice to have the small bar to enjoy a glass of wine at. But the very best part of this facility is the staff, from the front desk people to the housekeepers, everyone is extremely friendly and very kind.Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hello newmexicolady,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a nice day!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I used to enjoy staying at Marriott hotels. That is, until I stayed at their Springhill Suites, Aruria in Denver the weekend of April 20th, 2013. We had quite a few rooms for a wedding. When we arrived, I was wearing my iPod and threw it in my bag for the rest of the stay. On my way back to the airport to go home, I looked for it, only to find it gone.

That Saturday morning, we slept in and awoke to find a note saying they would clean the room if we called, otherwise they would come back the next day. We were fine with that. We went out and when we returned later that afternoon, we surprised someone from housekeeping in the room, who hadn't done anything (except maybe go through our bags) and left when we asked her to. I have no doubt she stole my iPod and headphones which weren't attached.

Of course I wrote and called Marriott and they 'are so sorry' that happened!

I used to leave tips for housekeeping. Not only will I stop doing that, but I WILL NOT stay at any Marriott's again and I hope whoever reads this wont either.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Morey L
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello Morey L,

I am distressed to read about your experience at the SpringHill Suites. I have questioned my whole team on this and I am unable to get any information. Did you report this to the front desk or a Manager on Duty before or after your departure? I am thinking that you may have identified the wrong hotel in your review. In any event, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you further on this matter. This clearly is not a good representation of Marriott and I am hopeful that you are able to see this response and contact me. As an ambassador for all of Marriott, I am please to assist you in finding some resolution to this. Thank you so much and have a nice day!

SpringHill Suites Denver/Aurora/Fitzsimons

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The trip was unexpected when our grand daughter was taken to Children's Hospital for emergency treatment. SpringHill is right across the street. The Suites were very warm and welcoming, the staff was great and the breakfast wonderful. We are planning on using SpringHill again when we return to Children's Hospital with our grand daughter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello Rickie P,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased that you thought so highly of us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again under better circumstances. Our best to your family and of course, your grand daughter. .

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family stayed here for almost a week while another family member was in the hospital. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating- someone was available at all times for our many requests and questions.

Our room was facing the parking lot, and we did not experience any noise issues. The room was fresh with plenty of sunlight and views of the sunrise. My only complaint was there were no hooks or towel bars in the bathrooms. It made it difficult to find places to hang towels to reuse.

The location to the hospital was ideal. We were able to walk back and forth from the hospital for some fresh air. Easy access to the freeways and downtown Denver as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hello sunnypdx,

Thank you for taking a moment to compliment our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Thanks and have a nice day!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We came from Bangkok, Thailand and stayed here from March 1-15,2013. It is very nice hotel. We have a wonderful view from hotel room- we can see snow, trees and cars running (not noisy really). The breakfast is lovely I couldn't finish there was too much of it. Complimentary hot drink is served till late at night. Hotel staff r wonderful here, so helpful. We can order delivery food or go out to eat by complimentary hotel shuttle bus service. Panera Bread next to the hotel is excellent. We can go shopping at outlets by complimentary shuttle bus service. We enjoyed ourselves very much as good people stay here. We would like to come back here if possible. Banjawan Pholavaddhana (My name)

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello sibenfrance,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived at noon and were able to get a room. I asked for a room away from the street (because of the noise noted in other reviews). We were not on the parking lot side at first, but they accommodated our request and appeared happy to do so. Breakfast was standard hotel food with real dishes. Food seemed to be plentiful and staff were nice. There are no towel racks. There is one strange looking hook in each bathroom (or at least that what we used them for). We hung a hanger on each hook and clipped our towels to the hangers – allowing us to hang 2 towels on each hook. They did not put a bill under our door at check out – like most hotels. I had to go to the front desk to get it.

Fitzsimmons is a huge complex about the size of a small campus. Children’s hospital is across the street, but University hospital is a long way down the street and the hospital sits back from the road. The hotel is not in the middle of nowhere. And it is not a hotel/restaurant area either. You need to go a few blocks in either direction for standard fast food. There is a Kmart , grocery store, and dollar store not far away.

We were pleased with the hotel and the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hello Mtnest2012,

Thank you for taking a moment to give your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you had a nice stay. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location can be great near the hospitals out here. I like the no pet policy and free breakfast. I am disappointed that the room layout has the bed next to the window and since the window faces Colfax Ave, it is busy and loud (all the time). While I am sure they may have put in soundproof windows for this well-maintained property, vehicle noise still travels through the air conditioning unit. As a frequent Marriott property user, i was disappointed. No tub, just shower and separated toilet from shower can be nice, but it is weird with barn-style doors (instead of pocket doors). The breakfast is great 6:30-9am M-F and includes make it yourself regular and chocolate waffles. Disappointed no safe in the room, but thankfully they at least have some safe deposit style boxes at reception area. Good free wi-fi. indoor pool and hot tub are small, but available. Property also has a small, but friendly bar. Housekeeping seem to do a good job for my two night stay. Taxi ride from airport is $45. Heard through rumor mill property has shuttle for up to 5-mile trips.

Room Tip: ask for room away from Colfax Avenue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hello NewMexicoBillR,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to provide feedback on your stay. I am pleased that you had an overall pleasant experience with us. I did want to make you aware that we do have bath tubs in our rooms with two queen beds. It is true that none of the king bed rooms have a tub. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.