“good location near Colorado Children's Hospital”

SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nevada
“good location near Colorado Children's Hospital”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location can be great near the hospitals out here. I like the no pet policy and free breakfast. I am disappointed that the room layout has the bed next to the window and since the window faces Colfax Ave, it is busy and loud (all the time). While I am sure they may have put in soundproof windows for this well-maintained property, vehicle noise still travels through the air conditioning unit. As a frequent Marriott property user, i was disappointed. No tub, just shower and separated toilet from shower can be nice, but it is weird with barn-style doors (instead of pocket doors). The breakfast is great 6:30-9am M-F and includes make it yourself regular and chocolate waffles. Disappointed no safe in the room, but thankfully they at least have some safe deposit style boxes at reception area. Good free wi-fi. indoor pool and hot tub are small, but available. Property also has a small, but friendly bar. Housekeeping seem to do a good job for my two night stay. Taxi ride from airport is $45. Heard through rumor mill property has shuttle for up to 5-mile trips.

Room Tip: ask for room away from Colfax Avenue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello NewMexicoBillR,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to provide feedback on your stay. I am pleased that you had an overall pleasant experience with us. I did want to make you aware that we do have bath tubs in our rooms with two queen beds. It is true that none of the king bed rooms have a tub. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Brad Leonard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

hotel is in the middle of nowhere in aurora but it was purpose built for the hotel. I found the "complimentary shuttle" really only was for the hotel. The male driver was not impressed i wanted to go to the mall nearby. Begrudgingly he took me and sometimes would not show up to pick you up. It is hit and miss. The harsh reviews about room layout i disagree with. Having the toilet separate to the shower is good so two people can use separate facilities at once. The table and lounge set up in the room is great for business travellers. The shower made up for the poor location. it has 2 extra jets near your chest as well as your head. way cool

Hello Aussnowboarder,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide some feedback on your stay. Please accept my apologies for the lackluster service you received from our shuttle driver. I will certainly use your experience as a training opportunity for all of our drivers. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Thank you and have a nice day!
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here because I was starting work on a project very nearby. Having to be away from home and my children for extended periods, the staff made my stay very pleasant and comfortable. On my second stay, had something of an issue trying to check in after having travelled all day and arriving late at night completely beat, but it was resolved and handled by the next staff member who was coming on shift that night, which I sincerely appreciated. Overall, great accomodations and great staff. Looking forward to coming again back next month.

Hi Jennifer M,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your stay. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Thank you and have a nice day!
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel March 2013. The reason I picked this particular hotel is that it is directly across the street from University of Colorado Hospital. It is just a couple minutes drive and also has a shuttle to the hospital.
The hotel is new with contemporary design and features. The King studio I stayed in was spacious and clean and they layout was perfect.
I enjoyed the free breakfast buffet each day I stayed there. It included scrambled eggs and sausage, hard boiled eggs, waffles, hot and cold cereals, english muffins, bagels, toast. The banana and blueberry muffins were great. They also had a small selection of fresh fruit and yogurt.
The front office staff were very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hello Chris M,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your stay. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Thanks again and have a great day!
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is about 20 minutes away from DIA and the taxi fare is about $35 or so. The rooms are big and very nice and clean. This hotel is great. Made the reservation the night of at about 8:45pm cause a connecting flight was cancelled. Very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Adam K,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on our hotel. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Thanks again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I will be here a week and luckily my company has good taste! This hotel is very nice! My readers know me as a humble sleeper and a cheap sleeper... I spend very little on hotels when I travel and that's why a hotel like this for me is a rarity! The atmosphere here is amazing and the rooms are exquisite! I could not afford the 149.00 a night my room costs. There is a bar in the lobby and the margaritas are 8 dollars :).... The only issue is that there is nothing close if you have no car... Enjoy the rooms they are beautiful

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Shan,

Thank you so much for providing such positive feedback on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Those margaritas are waiting for you!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I come to Denver about once a month for a week at a time for work. I stumbled across the Springhill Suites on a trip about a year ago since I was doing a project in Aurora. I stay hear every time I come now. I've probably stayed here 10 times in the last year.

The rooms are really nice and modern. The bathrooms and showers are awesome. The rooms are big and I love the couch area. Beds are top notch. The electronics are great too since try come equipped with LCD Tvs and iHome radios.

What I like most is that every thing is included as well. The Internet is ok and sometime can get slow but it always works. The breakfast is decent and free.

It's not the most convenient and central location but its right off the 225 and 70 so getting around Denver is a little easier. I will keep coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Mr. Miller,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty! I am happy to report that we are probably 30 days away from completing our internet circuit upgrade. We will be upgrading from a 4 meg circuit to a 30 meg circuit. Hopefully this will solve any slow internet issues. Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Brad Leonard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gateway Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Parker
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus? Share your experiences!