SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first business trip to Denver. Due to election debates it was not so easy to find a good and cheap hotel. But...this Mariott can give all what you want. Excellent location just a few minutes from downtown, very friendly staff, hospitality and clean and very nice rooms. Wifi worked perfectly inside the hotel it is pretty fast and you can use your Skype with no limits (especially if you made videoconferencing calls). Hotel located near the parkway but you don't hear any noise from road and your transfer from/to airport is very quick and easy. I think that this hotel is one of the best and reasonable hotels in town so if you plan to visit Denver don't be late and book it without any suspicions.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello Vsevolod S,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently came over from the UK to do some work at the university close by. My stay (just over 3 weeks) was excellent. The room was clean/ tidy, comfortable and modern. The hotel run a free shuttle bus service which took me to and from the university each day which was brilliant (and saved my feet in my high heels!), it also took me to the local mall (to buy presents for home). As I was studying, I found the desk area in the room comfortable to work and had no problems with connecting to the free wireless. On the odd occassions I didn't eat out, I found the market shop located in the reception very reasonably priced with some good food choices to cook in my room. The staff in the hotel were exceptional. I can honestly say that I have never taken the time to write a review on here before now but after the service I received at this hotel I had to. I have travelled and stayed at many hotels in the past but never have I met such friendily staff members as the ones here. Brad the hotel manager was very professional, Please commend all your staff (especially Bee) for being so welcoming and making a long trip from home much easier than I ever thought it would be. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank _I_Victoria_I_

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guest. I will also pass this on to Bea and we hope to see you again in the future.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Location and price made this the best choice. Convenient to Highway I225 it provided easy access to the areas I needed to visit. Very clean and organized. Comfortable baths large showers. All front desk personnel were polite and knowledgeable. The complimentary morning breakfast was more
than ample,with no shortages and foods replenished very quickly. Parking is free with plenty of space.as noted below, ask for a room not facing E Colfax Ave due to some traffic noise. Definitely not as bad as a downtown location but the occasional siren or motorcycle is only a few yards away on the side that faces Colfax.

A good value for the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing E Colfax Ave due to some noise and the proximity to the major children'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LI860
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to be closer to the airport the night before an early morning flight. The hotel looks to be brand new, and the rooms are really nice. The staff was helpful. Nice breakfast too.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We came to stay at this hotel under our own very difficult circumstances. My husband was receiving a kidney transplant and our son was the donor. After 4 days in the hospital the drs. requested all of us to stay close to the hospital for another 5 days. I stayed by myself for 4 of 9 days and the staff was wonderful.The hospital was in construction and there was very little valet service but I could leave my car parked at the hotel.and ride the shuttle van. After eating a hot breakfast and riding the shuttle I felt safe and ready to face some difficult days. I always returned to a clean room with many amenities such as an office area with free internet, a pull-out couch in front of a large swivel TV, an alarm radio with an ipod deck, microwave, fridge,and two queen beds. My husband had requested a room for the handicapped and it was very well equipped. Best of all were the people. They were always helpful if we needed anything special. The manager even offered to use a charger kept at the hotel when our battery refused to start as we were preparing to leave. It felt as much as a home away from home could possibly be!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter and the top floor has access to laundry facilities. It might be q...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times when traveling on business. Every stay was the same. The room was clean (and also pretty); the staff was wonderful; and the room was whisper quiet. I've used the gym too and found it very nice. I'd like to say that this was a great no frills hotel, however, it's a bit more than no frills. It has an ok bar and I nice little lounging area. Breakfast in the morning is just ok. For the price though, I found the entire experience outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

i go to the university of colorado school of medicine and i used to live in one of the apartments close by campus. unfortunately, the whole apartment building caught fire, and the school offered me housing at the springhill suites for two weeks. my experience here was great. let me first start with the free breakfast, it was amazing! they serve different breakfast food everyday, all of which was so delicious. the rooms are very clean and spacious! best of all, the staff is very friendly, they always greet you whenever they see you! this made me feel like at home. also the location was very close to my classes, only about ten minutes walking distance! thank you springhill suites for helping me feel more comfortable despite the unfortunate fire disaster that happened to my apartment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi Michael F,

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon. Thanks and have a great day!