“Like brand new.”

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here one night because my connection in Denver was severed and I had to catch a flight the next morning. I stayed at this hotel for free on a voucher, and it was everything you normally expect from a Marriott.

The building itself is a funny shape in a funny hotel park outside the outskirts of the airport property-- The airport is 23 miles outside the city! That's another topic...

Arrival was fine, the lobby was with vaulted ceilings and firelplace. Breakfast was fine, the room was very clean, as though it had never been used.

The front desk told me that the hotel had been built almost 15 years ago, but I thought the facility was brand new.

As my brand preference has branched out a bit to hotels that deliver a more minimalist modern room, I stepped here and felt like I was in my grandparents' house. That being said, solid service, fantastic quality and no hesitation to stay again if I need to visit the area.

Note: there are several shuttles from DIA and several Marriott properties. Make sure you know which one you need, by knowing which road your reservation is on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Quite honestly, I have never had a worse stay at a hotel in my entire life. I travel extensively for work and I will never stay at this hotel again!!!

It began on the first night when I asked for utensils for my take away meal for lunch and I didn't get them.

Not a big deal and I didn't plan on even mentioning it.

Then, the next morning I came down for coffee at their Starbucks in the lobby and waited 45 minutes for a cup of coffee. They said they were opened at 5:00 but they clearly were not.

I was assured this was just a bad day and that it did in fact open at 5:00.

Then, I went back up to my room to discover n the midst of my shower that the hotel had left no soap for me. I went downstairs and talked to the front desk about my rocky start.

The man at the desk was very apologetic and said that by the time I got back from work that day he would let me know what the hotel planned to do to compensate me.

I never heard a word from him after that. And on top of that when I came back from work to take a shower and looking forward to being able to use soap there once again was no soap in my room!!!

And the worst service ever just continued. I ordered room service and asked for a breakfast menu. .it was not given to me. I then called back and ask them to bring one and it STILL was not brought to me.

I must say I was exhausted from trying so hard to get my basic needs met.

The next morning I received my breakfast at 6::00 and I had asked for it at 7:00. I also was told that I couldn't get coffee at Starbucks when I went down because it wasn't ready. When I politely said that I thought they opened at 5:00 she responded not so politely by saying that no she got there at 5:00 but coffee wasn't ready at 5..

I then went back to the front desk and spoke to Ryan who once again said he would call me on my cell to talk about what the hotel planned do and once again I did not hear from him.

Truly unbelievable. I am not someone who usually complained but this is over and beyond what any bad hotel experience should be. Don't go there...you will have a headache rather than a relaxing stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesDIA, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for your posting and for your business during your travels here to Denver. We apologize for not meeting your service expectations and appreciate the feedback so that we may provide better service. We believe in a culture of service and guest satisfaction and train our team members extensively to prevent these lapses. We also have several options for coffee including complementary in room coffee makers and room service. Should your travels bring you back to Denver, we would be delighted to receive the opportunity to impress you on a future stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ended up stranded by a cancelled flight and was put up in the Marriott. What a great experience! I got a food coupon for airport food. So I picked up a pizza. When I got to the hotel, they cordially placed a microwave in my room. I was upgraded to the executive floor and lounge. Great food, but the disappointment was that ALL liquor was at cost. I would have expected at least on glass of wine or beer or liquour for free. Otherwise great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located within the hotel park just 20 minutes from the airport. Hotel shuttles runs every 1/2 hour. The hotel offers nice Excutive level and club, including health club with indoor swimming and full service restaurant and bar. The only down side is all the room doors slam, seems like they should invest in door snubbers.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here on business and found it a great place and very convenient. It is close to the airport but not so near that airport noise is a problem. The public areas were very nice. Great bar and restaurant with good service. There are some descent chain restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I found the room very clean and comfortable. Great bed with plenty of pillows. Check in and out was very fast and desk personnel were very friendly. I was greeted throughout my stay as I walked by and asked if I needed anything .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We got a great price on Priceline and we had a nice room. The hotel is very close the airport and a nice place to stay at after a long flight. The hotel was very clean, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff extremely friendy. Free wifi. I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We bought the hotel on priceline and were pleasantly surprised. The bed in the hotel was the best we had the entire trip. The staff was great and the hotel was updated and very clean. We would go back in a second.

Room Tip: Priceline is always a gamble so just take a chance.