“If you like Marriott, you'll like this place”

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
New York City, New York
“If you like Marriott, you'll like this place”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

In for two days of meetings at hotel. Classic business traveler hotel and classic Marriott. Free shuttle from airport (note: Denver Airport and this hotel/restaurant area are miles and miles from downtown Denver). We has a small group dinner (about 16) and food was fabulous for hotel restaurant. All around - staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Traveling for work, price was very expensive, nothing was free. Not even coffee in the morning. We had drinks as we waited to go to supper, service was slow although staff was very nice. Returned after dinner and returned to the same table where our glasses and bottles from the first visit were still on the table. It was at least 1 hour later. Once again service was very slow. There was bad weather in the area and the motel experianced a power outage, staff was knocking on doors to give guest wakeup calls which was disruptive, (the phones were not working). The facilities were nice and well kept, except the bathroom in the room atleast the 3 that I saw, were outdated tile. Not what you would expect for a $300.00 a night room. Breakfast was good, but notevn a piece of fruit for free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure that we share it with our staff. We sincerely apologize for the power outage that occurred during your stay. It affected the entire area and did unfortunately knock out our phone server. We were trying to be proactive in going door to door for wake up calls to ensure that no one missed an important meeting or flight. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. We will work on a better plan for such situations in the future.

James Pack
Denver Airport Marriott
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2012

stayed here for a night on the back end of a trip. check-in was very quick, friendly, and efficient. room was outstanding. clean, neat, comfortable. grabbed a drink and a bite to eat at the lobby bar. service was very good, food was very good. nothing but good things to say about this place. will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This property has some nice upgrades so was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, I was also surprised by this "airport" property that is close to a 30 minute shuttle ride from DIA (Denver International Airport). A bit too far to be considered an "airport" property, in my book. Staff was nice enough with a hint of "uppity" but nothing too out of place. Four stars would've been had in my opinion if closer to the airport.

Room Tip: Close to 30 minutes from the airport so plan your trip wisely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, as it is shared with our staff to help better serve you and future guests. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

James Pack
Denver Airport Marriott
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a group business trip. We had a private breakfast each AM that was perhaps the best I've had in a comparable hotel concept.

I was feeling under the weather while here & the staff helped me find some cold medicine.

Coffee was good and the bar service was great.

Incidentally my credit card was compromised on this trip (NOT the hotel's fault) and I had to have a new one overnighted to me and they did a great job of handling that odd need.

The concierge room was also very nice--as good of a view as you'll even get at an "airport" hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice due to an early morning flight the next day. It is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes starting at 3:30 a.m. I am an elite rewards member with Marriott and had points both times for a free stay. Our flight left at 6:00 a.m. and we caught the 4:00 a.m. shuttle which did end up being completely full. The plus to this property is that even though the shuttle stops at 3 other hotels it departs from and returns to this one first so there's never a problem of getting a seat. The big plus for staying here though is the policy of allowing you to park your car here for up to 7 days at no charge. This is a substantial savings over parking at a lot. Overall I was very happy with this hotel and would stay here again. There is a nice bar off the lobby, free wifi which I found perfectly adequate and it appears to have been freshly renovated recently.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the interstate to avoid traffic noise and advise the front desk that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happytrvlrColorado
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I checked in to this hotel planning on staying 4 nights for business travel. It was the only one near the airport that wasn't a budget option, like a Courtyard for example. I wanted a hotel with a restaurant, room service, and a decent desk space to work from. I am a Marriott rewards elite member, perhaps I expected too much. I was given a room the absolute farthest from the elevator, the very end of two hallways (seemed a long schlep dragging my bags), overlooking the dumpsters. I had a turbulent flight into Denver as usual, and the scramble of bags, rental car, heat and turbulence did not have me in the best frame of mind, I was looking forward to a decent room and drink at the lobby bar. I decided to shrug off the dumpster view and bad room location. However, I noticed that the room was pretty hot and uncomfortable, so I turned the AC up to 69 figuring it would cool off. I went out to meet some friends, nice lobby, friendly staff in the bar, nicely appointed. Hours later, I was back in my room looking forward to catching up on sleep, and basically tossed and turned all night long sweating as the AC was clearly not up to the challenge. I thought it over, and knew that I was not going to work in that room half the day sweating, so I packed up all my stuff and dragged it all back out to the front desk. I had to head out to a meeting in Colorado Springs and I needed to get on the road, so I checked out after one night, it was terrible. There are so many hotels minutes from this location there was no need to suffer in a bad room. I checked into a another hotel later that day to icy AC, great lobby bar, good room service, walking distance to other restaurants, and was much happier. There are too many other options nearby to put up with this. I can only imagine what room you get if you are not an elite member, and forget about being cool there in the summer, the central air could not keep up in the room, halls or the lobby. They did ask as they were handing me my receipt on check out how my stay was, I was going to just say fine and walk out, but I did calmly tell them that I was leaving early as I was exhausted from no sleep due to the AC, and that I did not appreciate the terrible room assignment. I was literally walking away as they offered me a room upgrade or more points, and if they had acted like they cared at all, I may have stayed and risked the heat. Instead, I got nothing for my inconvenience. Very disappointing, irritating etc. Don't bother with this location, there are plenty of other options. BTW, I wound up getting a nice room for half the price including two full breakfasts each morning nearby. Don't settle!!

Room Tip: The hotel corridors are the shape of an L, with the elevators only at one end. Be aware if you have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Valued Elite Member,
On behalf of the Marriott staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for the a/c not cooling your room during your stay. I can assure you that the a/c issue has been addressed and we would love the opportunity to regain your business with our Marriott in the future.

James P
Director of Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!