“home sweet home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“home sweet home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Right now this is home to us ,we have been here almost 3 yrs. ,and have seen many improvements in the last year .New paint,new washer and dryers & landscaping.Pam and Lindsey made us feel at home from the very first day we arrived.Being able to have our pets with us was very important to us and never a problem for them ! You have eveything you need all in a 5 mile radius ,restaurants,convenience stores,grocery stores, even a mall right up the road . With the full kitchen you can save a lot by doing your own cooking .If your staying long term or short this is the place to be, with the highway right next to us and the airport 10 mins away you can`t beat the location.So if your looking for a clean place with GREAT management and free WIFI check out Homestead studio suites,It`s home to me !!

Room Tip: if there is more than one person with pets you should get a larger room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The clean room included a full-size fridge, microwave, stove top, toaster, pot, pan, plates, utensils, coffee-maker, and cups almost like home. Our bed was a great serta and the flat screen tv was brand new. There are a lot of restaurants and a 7-11 across the street. The highway on-ramp is right nearby and grocery stores are a short distance away. If you are on a budget and staying more than a week they provide housekeeping once a week. On the other days, you bring your used linen to the office to exchange for clean towels and sheets. You can borrow the vacuum to clean your room. This is a quality budget hotel with an excellent staff. If you want a 4-star hotel with daily housekeeping, concierge service and constant attention, i suggest you stay at a hilton or marriot. I have stayed in many different hotels; there are cheapers hotels but none that were anywhere near as clean, safe or with a caring staff.

Room Tip: Be sure to call well ahead for reservations because they are almost always sold out. This is a 2-st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel.  Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure.  My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have been at this location for 18 months. We found it on a list given to us by the Ronald McDonald House. Upon checking in, we weren't exactly in the best of moods, but Lindsey still gave us a very warm welcome. That was the start of our long stay.
We have watched Pam, and her crew, work very hard on cleaning this property up. That includes not just the front office, but housekeeping and maintenence as well. They have replaced and repaired, gotten rid of undesirables, and turned it into a very warm, comfortable place to stay. Want some coffee? Go up to the office where there is almost always fresh coffee and someone to visit with. Need a repair? Report what needs fixed, and Lawrence will be happy to fix it for you. Just want to visit for a few minutes? Any person who works here will take a few minutes to visit.
Although we are not in our home with our furniture, it's about the closest we will come to feeling we are a part of a community. And that makes it feel like home. We have had the oppurtunity to meet a lot of people from all over the states, and some from other countries.
Bottom line is, I would not be afraid to recommend this establishment to friends and family. What it lacks in oppulence, is more than made up for in hospitality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. It was very kind of the Ronald McDonald House to recommend us, and we are even more happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lyndsey and Pam.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Since I have been here at the Homestead Aurora I have seen many improvement in the last four months in the properity and the staff. With the upgrading of to new flat screen T.V. painting of the outside doors and upgrading some of there rooms looking foward on whats going to happen in the next coming months, I'v been here over a year. All staff does a great job accomating all guest. I have see may guest come and go trying to get somthing for nothing and the hotel staff has always been polite and overly accomadating. Its hard for me to witness what the staff endors. This is a great place to stay. Props to your hotel staff stright up. I feel like family here even the big boss Adrian made me feel like family.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are less nosie because there is no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel.  We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.   It is really rewarding to hear that our improvements are not going unnoticed; we appreciate your remarks.

Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booked early and prepaid. Plane trip delayed and cancellation for first night via e-mail before 4:00 p.m. No refund given as I prepaid. Paid +$50
per night. Arrived to find posted sign outside motel for $33.95 per night.
Placed in 3rd building where long term party guests live. No sleep for 4
nights. Non smoking room room but bed spread had 4 large holes in it
from cigarette burns. Manager contacted after and said no refund as I
booked through a third party yet they had my credit card information.

Room Tip: If you are a traveller looking for a quiet room don't let them place you in the 3rd building un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. As well, I apologize for the issue you experienced with the comforter in the room and have spoken to our housekeeping staff about it to ensure your experience is not the case moving forward.

Although your feedback is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I thoughly enjoyed my stay at the homestead in aurora. I found that the staff was very helpful and friendly. I found the the rooms where clean and very wel stocked. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and found that this one was very compairable. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Denver - Aurora. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I came in 3 hours before check-in time, and Elke was very helpful in getting me into the room upon my arrival. Initially, I didn't think it was a bad place...there were a lot of out-of-state vehicles (I'm from here), and the room looked pretty tidy. As the day went on tho, I noticed the cigarette burns all over the bedding in my non-smoking room, the smell of mildew got really strong, my 1 yr old's socks were black they were so filthy from walking around on the carpet, I could hear people having sex next door, and by the sound of the man, it wasn't the same one, prostitutes/pimps/druggies walked the parking lot into the evening, it sounded like the person above me was drunk dancing w the chairs all night, and by morning my back hurt so bad from the crappy matresses. I didn't get a good online deal (it was $10 CHEAPER to get it directly through Homestead), so that made it sting just a little bit more. If you're just stopping through for the night, its a reasonable place, but if you're having to have an actual extended stay, I'd advise somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nappeal
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Denver - Aurora. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.