“Improvements” 5 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Improvements”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Since I have been here at the Homestead Aurora I have seen many improvement in the last four months in the properity and the staff. With the upgrading of to new flat screen T.V. painting of the outside doors and upgrading some of there rooms looking foward on whats going to happen in the next coming months, I'v been here over a year. All staff does a great job accomating all guest. I have see may guest come and go trying to get somthing for nothing and the hotel staff has always been polite and overly accomadating. Its hard for me to witness what the staff endors. This is a great place to stay. Props to your hotel staff stright up. I feel like family here even the big boss Adrian made me feel like family.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are less nosie because there is no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel.  We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.   It is really rewarding to hear that our improvements are not going unnoticed; we appreciate your remarks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booked early and prepaid. Plane trip delayed and cancellation for first night via e-mail before 4:00 p.m. No refund given as I prepaid. Paid +$50
per night. Arrived to find posted sign outside motel for $33.95 per night.
Placed in 3rd building where long term party guests live. No sleep for 4
nights. Non smoking room room but bed spread had 4 large holes in it
from cigarette burns. Manager contacted after and said no refund as I
booked through a third party yet they had my credit card information.

Room Tip: If you are a traveller looking for a quiet room don't let them place you in the 3rd building un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. As well, I apologize for the issue you experienced with the comforter in the room and have spoken to our housekeeping staff about it to ensure your experience is not the case moving forward.

Although your feedback is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I thoughly enjoyed my stay at the homestead in aurora. I found that the staff was very helpful and friendly. I found the the rooms where clean and very wel stocked. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and found that this one was very compairable. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Denver - Aurora. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I came in 3 hours before check-in time, and Elke was very helpful in getting me into the room upon my arrival. Initially, I didn't think it was a bad place...there were a lot of out-of-state vehicles (I'm from here), and the room looked pretty tidy. As the day went on tho, I noticed the cigarette burns all over the bedding in my non-smoking room, the smell of mildew got really strong, my 1 yr old's socks were black they were so filthy from walking around on the carpet, I could hear people having sex next door, and by the sound of the man, it wasn't the same one, prostitutes/pimps/druggies walked the parking lot into the evening, it sounded like the person above me was drunk dancing w the chairs all night, and by morning my back hurt so bad from the crappy matresses. I didn't get a good online deal (it was $10 CHEAPER to get it directly through Homestead), so that made it sting just a little bit more. If you're just stopping through for the night, its a reasonable place, but if you're having to have an actual extended stay, I'd advise somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nappeal
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Denver - Aurora. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Upon my arrival, there was no one in the lobby. The lobby started to fill up and 20 min later the attendant showed up after he was phoned twice. The guests had music blaring from their cars while they were outside smoking. I checked in, went to room 226 and couldn't get into the room , due a chair being in front of the door. The room was filthy. There was trash on the floor, the drawers were all open. I returned to the front desk and explained my findings. I was told someone probably broke in or the marked the room as clean and it wasn't. He said they do that sometimes. I had my 9 month with me and was not wanting to stay somewhere like that. I asked if I could be transferred to another location. I was told I couldn't because I booked through kayak. I was given another room. Upon first look seemed ok. There was NO towels in the the room the,shower had dirty footprints in it. The couch was stained and smelly. I was concerned about sleeping in the bed and started to check for bed bugs. To my relief I didn't find any. I did however find a hoop earrings in the bedding along with crumbs. At this point I was through and wanted to leave, I called the front desk and for no answer. I latest out my sobs baby blanket and slept on that and he slept in his car seat because I was scared to lay him anywhere in the room.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lc623
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Denver - Aurora. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Overland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a little over a week as I visited my family. I thought the rooms were great for the price paid; it had everything in it I needed for my stay except for an oven. The rooms were very clean and the location was convenient. Most of all, the staff was excellent; any issues or questions I had were taken care of Immediatly. I would definitely stay here the next time I'm in town and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Denver - Aurora. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stay here. It's clean, affordable, and the staff is AMAZING!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Denver - Aurora. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.