“Consistent quality & cleanliness”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
TN
“Consistent quality & cleanliness”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

This is the about the 4th HGI that I've stayed at and they've all been of good quality. The hotel was super clean with nice size rooms, a large business center, and a good breakfast. The breakfast has the typical continental items but also has a bacon, potatoes, & biscuits/gravy buffet with made to order eggs ... either $10 or free depending on rewards member level. The hotel is several miles from the DEN airport but is within walking distance to a number of good restaurants (Ted's Montana Grill, Applebee's, Uno Chicago Grill, Outback, etc.). There is also a Residence Inn, Marriott, Aloft, & Hyatt adjacent. I've stayed several times at the Country I&S across the road and it is a good good choice also but has always had some strange odor to me I believe from the indoor pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank caneyfork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Western Montana
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The stay was ok but not great. Tired rooms, thin walls. Housekeeping spotty (multi-night stay - never could get replacement coffee!). For the most part the staff was pleasant - especially the breakfast servers. They were incredibly friendly, efficient. Breakfast was definitely the best part of the stay. But the desk team, especially the younger man with dark hair, made me feel like every question was an intrusion. On check out, a young woman perched on a stool wouldn't even make eye contact or respond when I told her I was checking out. She just took the key and whipped out my bill without even a good morning or thank you. This was my first stay there, and likely my last. There are too many options by the aiport to put up with unpleasant desk clerks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank montana57
Hill Country of North Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I missed my late evening flight and this hotel was recommend. This hotel is about as convenient as you can get to the Denver Airport. You catch a shuttle to it from the airport. The shuttle runs about every 30 minutes (note: the shuttle can be crowded at peak times because it also services four other hotels).

Check in was very fast. The night manger was extremely friendly and helpful. The day staff was also very friendly.

This hotel is very clean. You can check on the standard amenities at the HGI website. My room had a memory foam mattress, comfortable bedding, and plenty of pillows. There was a nice work area (desk) with a light and comfortable chair. The wireless internet work fine. The room also had a standard living room chair with footstool that did not recline, with a reading light next to it.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but not much else within walking distance that I know of. I ate at the Applebee;s (open until 11:00 pm during the week) since I checked in late and the hotel restaurant was already closed; standard Applebee's fare.

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. They offer cook-to-order omelets, waffles, etc. The omelet I had was very good, but the steam table hash browns were not very tasty.

Al-in-all I would use this hotel again, especially if I needed to do business in this area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank msbski
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Again, HGI delivered a consistent hotel. Great, hilariously funny, friendly front desk staff.

No complaints, great location, nice views from windows. Only issue was these weird beds they have at this location. They are an adjustable firmness mattress and I spent most of the week there thinking I was crazy that it seemed like my bed was deflated in the middle. After the first 2 nights, I just slept on the other side of the bed. For me, it wasn't worth complaining about since I hate moving hotel rooms once I've unpacked.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Hen7975
Fair Haven, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2009

I stayed one night here recently en route home from a ski trip. The hotel was booked by a friend, so when I saw the fact that there was an "A Loft" W Hotel close by I was a little disappointed that we weren't staying there.

But this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was large and comfortable. Room service was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the shuttle bus service to the terminals good.

Bottom line - if you need a comfortable place to stay the night before an early flight this meets the bill.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom Q
Hawaii
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This Hotel is not like any other Hilton Garden Inn I have ever stayed in.

These are my issues:
1) Overpriced. Over double the price that I have paid at the other HGIs. It costs over $200.00 plus dollars a night.
2) Food selection was limited to frozen junk food.
3) Hotel hallways smelled like a bathroom.
4) Towels were stinky and we found long black hair on them.
5) Food tray with old food by our door.
6) Rooms smelled like hallways.
7) Pillows and bed smelled like BO.
Good points:
1) Free Internet.

I was so upset that the first thing I did when I got to my room was look for another hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bathroom Smell in Hallways, B.O. bed smell.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank HawaiianBrian
VA
Reviewed November 5, 2008

If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport and can't get the closer in, Tower Road hotels (Embassy Suites) this one is OK. Absoulutely nothing special about the rooms -- one step up from a college dorm room, really. Heater was extremely LOUD. It was unusable at night if you want to sleep. Last complaint: Don't expect an upgrade for Hilton Diamond status: You get a coupon for your two bottles of water and a breakfast coupon.

Again - a very basic hotel with some issues. I certainly wouldn't/won't stay more than one night here, and then only as a last resort.

• Liked — Proximity to Airport
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FT_TravelerVa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!