“Nicest Hilton Garden Inn I've ever stayed at.”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I had to take a taxi as I waited almost 50 minutes for the shuttle to come and it never did Bruce taxi cost me $35. But once I arrived the service was excellent, the room very nice, the bed was ultra comfortable for my sore back, breakfast was exceptionally good, my whole stay once I arrived was very nice. I stay I'm hotels 17 days a month, this one was at the top of my list for nice.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

One of the best omellete's I've ever had for breakfast. Great internet. Super chill little bar at night with great service. Extremely professional front desk staff. You guys rock! Outside the hotel are at least 4 restaurants within a 2 minute walk and if you want to drive 3 minutes you'll have another 10 restaurants, grocery, everything you need. I really don't think I'll stay anywhere else close to DIA after this excellent experience.

Room Tip: First floor is just steps from the front door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had to stay overnight owing to a mechanical problem delay on our inbound flight. I called from the airport and given instructions to catch the van. We were checked in quickly. The thing I liked the most was that there is a decent restaurant right in the hotel. We enjoyed our supper and then breakfast the next morning before moving on. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just off the highway to the airport and about 11 miles from the rental car return. No airport noise. Just a few minutes from several chain restaurants - Outback, Qdoba, Chilis, etc. Very welcoming front desk. Wheelchair available for transfers. Great business room with HUGE screen Mac and several PC's. Rooms are usual for Garden Inns.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Checking in I noticed that the hotel lobby and bar were a buzz with people. Not just your typical travelers but people enjoying the spacious lobby and surroundings.
The rooms were very clean and up to date with plenty of parking, this is a no brainer for a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Although this hotel claims it is an airport hotel, it is easily a 15-minute ride from the airport, with no stops. However, the van is shared by 3 different hotels. Thus it stops multiple times. Also, the van only runs every 30 minutes.

The bigger issue I had was with the shower... I woke up in the morning and went to take a shower. Every time I pulled the plunger on the spigot to direct the water to the shower head, the spigot CAME OFF OF THE WALL. Sort of made it difficult to shower. I called downstairs to have someone come up immediately. I really didn't have time for any of this. The manager was completely rude and unapologetic about the situation. He offered no alternatives. Finally, I had to start suggesting possible alternatives. I asked if there was another room in which I could just go shower quickly. "No". I then told him that I would need him to call a taxi because I was worried that I would miss their once-every-30-minute van service. His sarcastic response was, "Gee, is there anything else I can get you?" I was dumbfounded. Never once did he apologize. When I went down to leave, he continued with his attitude, despite my best efforts to be polite and professional.

In short, it's probably a fine hotel if you're not worried about showering before a long day of travel for work. Otherwise, I'd say head for the Marriott Courtyard. At a minimum you'll find friendly staffers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CALflier_12
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Chose this because I had an early flight the next morning- airport shuttle available. This is a very nice Hilton property- just what I expected, clean rooms, good location, great staff. This hotel is located near a few different restaurants so there are choices if you don't have a car.
Not the hotels fault but the kids and dog next door were very loud all night. Too bad the hotel can't keep them on a specific floor or area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
HYATT House Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!