Open today: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
A True feel good place and story

Simply the best feel good place.The beer is very good but its the staff that brings the Lab to the... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2018
ROBERT F
AURORA
The best place in Denver!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2017

from $86.00
from $40.00
from $63.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough wonderful things about Brewability Lab!!! What a wonderful place!!! My husband and I were visiting Denver from Florida and stopped in for a beer and what a great experience it was!! Devon and Tony were amazing!! Devon took us on a tour of the brewery and Tony taught us sign language. We also met Tiffany and she is one amazing woman and doing such a wonderful thing!! It's a great place to go and feel happy and realize the world is not all bad!! And the beer was awesome!!! Can't wait to visit Denver again and go back!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Hola all,

I stumbled upon this brewery on TA and thought I was visiting "Caution". It turns out, they moved out and BrewAbility moved in. No matter, they had beer, so I stayed.

This place is magical! After a day of exploring around my hotel, I was ready for a flight of beers. Tiffany and Tony took excellent care of me and lined up the seven beers they had on tap. I decorated a coaster, I went on the most informative beer tour I'd ever been on and then I had some more beer (the white was my favourite, more of an IPA to my taste buds). Tiffany told me they were having karaoke the next night and I said I might return with 30 of my closest friends to check that out (we were staying about 2 miles away for a work conference).

And we returned! Karaoke was a blast and we had the best time. BrewAbility also has board games, flavour pumps, and overall - a pretty freaking cool vibe. If you're in the area, totally worth a stop.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Brewability Lab is a small brewery nestled amongst warehouses in the Aurora/Denver area. The service is amazing, laughs all around. The employees and owner make you feel immediately welcome, just like you were old friends. The beer is fantastic too, I personally enjoyed the Purple.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2016

We heard about this little "hole-in-the-wall with a heart" on the local news, and decided to check it out. The concept of the brewery is to provide a workplace for developmentally-disabled adults AND make GREAT BEER. They succeeded on both counts.

In a state like Colorado, excellent craft breweries are everywhere, and the competition is fierce for the discerning palate. I expected that BrewAbility might have 'OK" start-up brewpub offerings, but I found their entire arsenal to be SPOT-ON, true to style in every category.

We tried a 5-beer "taster" flight of Blonde, Amber, Brown, Belgian, and Session IPA beers - all five were EXCELLENT, with the Brown & Blonde finally winning our hearts for a pint each. I would have been happy with ANY of the five, but the Brown caught my attention for its PERFECT "Brown-ness". I usually swing for the IPAs, but this Brown was exquisite enough to turn my head. My bride leans toward the lighter side, and even she was torn between the choices we had - but Blonde won.

One of the staffers gave us a tour of the brewhouse, and did a great job explaining the processes the use. It was heartwarming to see how hard our guide had worked to understand & explain the brewing process to visitors - some of the staff are VERY challenged by the complexities of day-to-day life, and this organization works very hard to help each employee find their voice, and find the skills that they can build on, to be contributing members to society.

We managed to be there for a new employee's first day on the job - he was GREAT at dealing with the complexities of customer service, transaction management (collecting payment for the beers), and being cheerful in the process. We gave each other "High Fives", as he served our pints, and closed our tickets. I cannot recall EVER leaving a 100% tip (tip equaled our bar tab), but we were so impressed with what's going on here, that it was a slam-dunk decision.

This place has limited hours, and is hard to find - but if you're anywhere near I-70 and Peoria, and can pop in for a cold one, you will be rewarded not only by your tastebuds, by by the wonderful atmosphere and warm feeling you get, knowing that you are supporting a business that makes a difference in the lives of people who might otherwise be a burden on their families, and society at large.

Disclaimer: I do not know any of the people who brought this vision to life, and and am blessed enough to have no direct "issues" with developmentally-challenged family or friends in my life - but I was actually in tears when we left the bar, having seen the amazing work, and amazing BEERS, that BrewAbility is bringing forth in the world. I highly recommend finding, supporting, and sharing the brew-pub with all your friends, family, and associates.

My afternoon here was the highlight of 2016 - I have reviewed other restaurants & pubs that had excellent food / beverage / service offerings, but none that brought me to tears. TAKE THE TIME to find BrewAbility, and enjoy a pint or two of delicious malted beverage. Be patient with your server - this is not your average bustling BrewPub -- you will be rewarded many times over, not only by the flavor in your glass, but the warmth in your soul!

Date of experience: November 2016