“An okay place to spend the night”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Chandler, Arizona
“An okay place to spend the night”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at aloft DIA before a flight out and weren't very impressed.

Positives:
*Clean hotel & room
*Nice media hub
*Close to the airport
*Free airport shuttle
*Cool concept and layout

Negatives:
*Bed wasn't very comfortable
*$5/day to leave the car. Cheaper than the airport but other hotels in the area are $20 for two weeks.
*Shower leaked all over the bathroom floor

Overall it was a nice hotel but I'm glad I paid a discounted rate through Hotels.com. I wouldn't pay full price to stay or stay long term.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I hope that you give us another chance in the future. We do have rates that include 14 days of parking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We spent only one night here while picking grandkids up from a late airport arrival and then driving back up to the mountains the next day. It is a very modern, hip hotel, which the 2 teenage girls loved, as well as the Bliss products in the bathroom. Parking was bit of a problem as it was the day after Christmas, and I'm sure there were many cars left during the holiday time, but we did find the last space in the parking area along the fence next to some construction. I cannot say if it was a good value because our daughter paid for the hotel with points because the kids had to fly in so late, but it is about a 10-15 minute ride from the airport and very close to I-70 and convenient to restaurants, etc. Breakfast is not included, but there is a variety of items available for purchase.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Matt K, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time fill out a survey about your stay at the Aloft. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope next time you are in town picking up your grandchildren you choose us again.

Hope you have a wonderful New Years!
Burlington, Colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at Aloft thru Christmas weekend, sorry excuse for a generic version of starwoods hotels, Thought it will be different than traditional hotel but sorry I booked and stayed for three long days, No parking at all cause they have so many cars left through Christmas season, asked us to find parking in any other hotels, lots of noise from top floor due to the lack of care about customers , I am sure they saved lots of money on insulation or sound proofing. won't stay again.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the feedback. I know we occasionally have issue with the parking during the holidays. This is an issue that we are looking into. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked though the SPG phone app for my stay. When I arrived they had no room held for me. I showed them the confirm email and they still could not find my reservation. They did have a room however it was with double beds not a king. The lobby had this horrible smoke smell. I felt like I was at a cigar bar and nothing but smoke could I smell. When I got to the room it had one of the beds that was dirty dingy looking sheets. I asked the manager to have someone call me to make sure I was not double charged for the room. No one ever did. The Cooling system in the room was either too cold or to hot. You could never get it right. All in all this would not be a place I would go and stay at again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry that you had issues with the SPG phone app and the room type you requested. I will look into these issues and greatly appreciate your feedback.
Colby, Kansas
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Being in our 20's we were infatuated with how different and hip this hotel was. We got a great deal on priceline and were excited for the experience of this modern hotel. Parking was admittedly a struggle as there were so many long term parked vehicles due to the airport shuttle service. We actually had to park on the curb as all of the stalls were taken once we got back after dinner. The staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We recieved a $10 gift card that could be used for food but not drinks. We saved it for the seemingly fresh breakfast offered in the morning. After being excited for a fresh egg sandwich in the morning, it turned out to be a ploy and the food was the disgusting ready-made variety. It went in the garbage. The room was small but really nice and modern. It offered a cool view as well. After getting settled we went down to the very vibrant and inviting hotel bar. After trying to order two of the drink specials that he didn't have all of the ingredients for, we settled on margaritas. $10 margaritas!? Needless to say we only had one each and they certainly lacked tequila for being so pricey. We enjoyed the cozy room and had a good nights rest. Overall a very unique and hip hotel. Lack of the little details keep this place from being 4 or 5 stars. Also, they do have an indoor pool but no spa. The rooms offer showers only with no tub.

Room Tip: Good luck with parking!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I wish that you would have had a more enjoyable. The parking issue has been addressed and we are working on an upgraded food menu. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Chose this hotel only because I am a Starwoods member and it had a free shuttle to airport.

Very disappointed. This is my second time trying Aloft and my last. Both hotels were in terrible shape and offered a very poor night's rest -- these hotels seem to be very poorly insulated, both between rooms and to the outside (traffic all night long; bring your earplugs, although could still hear traffic through ear plugs). The outside lights also come in around the shades, so it is impossible to get the room truly dark. The bed covering was stained, and there is no separate top sheet so temperature not easily controlled in bedding; either full, heavy comforter or nothing.

As a Starwoods member, I usually receive a free upgrade and none was offered; the hotel did not appear full at all. I will compliment the morning shift person; he was very friendly and helpful.

I was told the shuttle picks up on the half hour, but know that it is shared with other hotels in this area, so it comes about five minutes past the half hour. There are several other hotels in this area, and I will try the Hilton Garden or another next time.

There are restaurants in the area that you could easily walk to if desired, and the 24 hr snacks for sale at the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden or another in the same area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mtnwanderers
I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I appreciate your feedback and can assure you that everything will be addressed.
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Got stranded in Denver but fortunately Aloft was available. Very European design which is fun. The decor is nice and there are a few restaurants near by but it is still a little remote for anything other than airport related stay in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dkazooman
Sorry to hear that you got stranded in Denver. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!