“Really nice bed but needs a good reno”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel was really nice in the lobby and our bed was amazing but when you actually look at the carpet and walls you can tell this place needs some touching up and a reno of the walls/carpets. I loved the setup of the room but was highly unimpressed with the high pricing of breakfast.....$3 for a child size milk and $10.50 for a drink and pre-made breakfast sandwich is a bit too much. Overall the stay was good but they need to think about keeping the place looking more high end.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Gosh I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I read your feedback and I was so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. This was certainly out-of-the-norm, as a majority of our feedback is very positive and I want you to be able to have a positive experience with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first experience at an Aloft hotel and I thought it would be a special experience. While the rooms are a bit different, I just wasn't that impressed.

The bathroom floor in my room appeared dirty, the seat at the desk chair wouldn't raise to a comfortable level and the hallway floors looked as though they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. The hallway walls were scuffed up (it appears by the cleaning staff's cleaning carts) and my shower door didn't close all the way.

The front desk folks were nice, but they didn't explain breakfast or food offerings - either at the hotel or surrounding areas. I was considering buying a sandwich at the hotel, but I didn't see any pricing and it wasn't clear how to order breakfast or other meals.

There were no shady spots to sit outside either. I was just disappointed -maybe my expectations were just too high?

I'll stay at another hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you next time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My friend and I loved our stay here. Huge comfortable bed, lots of space, room was nicely designed and there were Bliss products in the bathroom. We had a car so getting into downtown Denver was no problem. Lobby had free water and food you could buy. Also a pool table near the bar. Gym and pool also downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had quick out and back business meeting... Admin booked me here since closer hotels were full.. Interesting set up in lobby... Clearly going for younger active crowd, however if I were younger and active I would want to be downtown?.. Single person at 'front desk' was very quick and helpful at check-in, but recommended this horrible steak place... Emil's?.. A cross between a diner and someone's house?? I've paid less for steak in Tokyo... Not sure what he was thinking there? Anyway, rooms were very nicely done and audio video/Internet in room was good(bring ur own cables). Big negative is lack of restaurant ... Breakfast was not much more than you get at the gas station down the road... Sorry to be so negative but wanted to give you an idea of what to expect... Interesting shot at hotel concept but fell just short of working for me as a regular business traveler...

Room Tip: Coworker had room with noise from lobby.... May want to avoid
1  Thank David S
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a road trip across the country. I got the rooms for a very good price on Hotwire. I'm reviewing them based on that price- not the regular rate.

I think I might be too old/too not hip for really enjoying the Aloft experience. :) My daughters loved the layout though! The rooms were comfortable. The shower allowed a lot of water to escape onto the floor outside though. While the sink was beautiful, it seemed too shallow and allowed water to splatter all over. I felt like I had to be careful all the time to avoid making a mess. The room had a refrigerator which was very cold and wonderful for keeping waters in. I didn't see an ice machine, but the person at the front desk was very nice and quick about getting ice for me.

This location is very convenient to I-70. There are several eating options within walking distance. Breakfast is not included with the stay.

The check in/check out experience was fine. Overall, it's a good place to stay, but I didn't find it extraordinary, especially for the regular rate price. I'm rating it 4 out of 5 even though I didn't love it because I think it's more a style issue with me than a problem with Aloft.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nothing more to say. Consistency is key! aloft gets that! Great value. Perfect for those early flights out of Denver Airport.

All aloft's have bars in them. Go out and grab some food and come back and chill out and relax not having to worry about driving or cabs.

Best hotel if you have an early flight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here on a Thursday night during a quick trip to the area. The shuttle is shared by several other hotels in the same area; it is scheduled to pick up at the airport on the half hour. The van is well-marked, the driver was both on-time and friendly. The check-in process was simple and efficient. The room - stylish, comfortable, and consistent with other Aloft hotels. The bed was fine, though some might not find it as comfortable as beds in higher-end hotels. The hallways were very quiet, the tv and HVAC worked great. In the morning, when the shuttle was too full for a scheduled pick-up, the front desk manager had a cab take me and another guy over to the airport on the hotel's dime - rarely have I experienced service that good. Kudos for that. Wireless internet worked fine, and there are several restaurants within very easy walking distance (Outback, Uno's, and others). Overall, a fine stay.

1  Thank BiztravelguyBoston

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!