“Airport Convenience”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently completed an overnight stay at the Aloft Denver International Airport. At an airport hotel, the two things I look for the most are (1) a quality night of sleep for a morning flight and (2) convenience of travel and amenities. On both points, the Aloft does a great job.

Despite being at hotel while a high school soccer tournament booked out most of the rooms, I didn't hear much noise coming from the adjacent rooms or the hallways. Also, the windows are insulated well from any outdoor noise. Combined with a comfortable firm mattress, I was well rested for my morning flight.

The hotel, in cooperation with the area hotels, offers a half-hourly shuttle to/from Denver International that takes ~15 minutes. The shuttle also offers free bottled water, a nice touch for staying hydrated while at altitude. Moreover, the hotel is within walking distance to several chain/local restaurants.

Although the Aloft is a newer hotel, the interior walls show a fair amount of scratches from guests and service carts. The building is certainly kept clean but the building could use more preventative maintenance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you next time you stay with us.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Aloft is a great hotel if you need a place to crash with a compact, efficient layout. There is food available, a bar at night, a decent pool, and a free shuttle to the airport. Allegedly there is also a gym; I wouldn't know. I'm not sure the decor and ambience is for everyone, but if you like polished cement and listening to The Smiths while you swim you will be right at home. Be sure to pay attention to the floors in the elevator - they have liquid in them!

FYI I brought my toddler and the stay was great for her. She was able to swim in the pool and play in the courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erin M

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here once before when our flight from Jackson Hole to DC via Denver was delayed. Frontier Airlines put us up for free at this hotel and when we needed to book a hotel for a driving trip from WY to KS we were thrilled to be able to get a good deal on a room at Aloft DIA. We love the decor. The staff has been wonderful. If I had two complaints they would be this: The shower door needs to be rehinged perhaps because you end up with a lot of water on the floor... the sweep at the bottom of the door allows water to seep onto the bathroom floor. Also... the way the mirrored door slides closed allows for very little privacy while using the bathroom. Other than those small things we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sosumiweaving

Reviewed July 1, 2013

What I was intrigued by the most this go around was how strikingly similar it looks to the other 2 aloft's I've been to in different cities. I genuinely had to wonder if I was in California or Denver that day. Perhaps that can be a bad thing if you're looking for a different experience each time, but they obviously are very keen on consistency in the brand.

I was pleased the first time and pleased once again. These hotels are always clean, hip, and a very gracious staff. I very much enjoy this line of hotels.

I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall a Block hotel decorated and catering to the European style of Sofitel but its a Starwood product. Reasonable sized european styled rooms and bathrooms, OK amenities, no breakfast to really speak about, close to several restaraunts and convenient to I70, I470, the northwest parkway and DIA and downtown. COn sider the surrounding offerings in the immediate proximity for like sizes and probably better amenities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The Aloft is a trendy modern hotel near the Denver airport. The beds were not very comfortable. The mattress pad and sheets are not properly sized for the bed and kept coming off during the night. The icing on the cake was the lack of hot water in the morning for the shower. I would not stay here again when there are so many other options.

• Stayed: June 2013

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I greatly apologize about the hot water. I can assure you that this is not the norm. I hope that you give us another chance in the future

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second stay at an Aloft location. This location did not compare to one we stayed at in Chapel Hill, NC. We didn't have anything horrible happen, mainly just little things. First off in our room, there were lots of stains on the carpet, and stains on the small Ottoman near the foot of the bed, and lots of marks on the wall paper. In the bathroom, we had an issue with the sliding door, initially it was off of the track at the bottom, then that was repaired and each time you opened and closed it, there was a really loud noise. Also had problem getting the shower door to close properly, so it made for a very wet floor when taking a shower. These are horrible things, but items that should be addressed in this particular room. There were no towels at the pool area, I just grabbed some from the workout room to dry off. Last but not least, the parking situation is really bad. Every night when we came in, the parking lot was completely full. We lucked out and got a spot one night because someone was leaving. We also parked next door at one of the other hotels and the last night we parked on the far side of the parking lot along the back fence. I'm not sure what can be done about the parking situation, but it just looks like a lack of spaces.

Here are the things I liked. The proximity to Dick's Sporting goods fields is very good. Convenient access to the Denver airport.

I would stay here again, I think they should get some of the maintenance issues addressed before the Hotel starts going downhill.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We greatly appreciate your response and can assure you that these issues will be looked into.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
HYATT House Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!