“Clean, Friendly, Good Food, Good Bar”

aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Hays, Kansas
“Clean, Friendly, Good Food, Good Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great place to stay before or after you fly. Free parking, free shuttle to and from the airport. This is a very clean hotel. The lobby is combined with the food area, seating area, game area, and bar area. Sounds cluttered, but really it is not. The bar is very well stocked and the bartender there is outstanding! The rooms are very clean. Linens are crisp and beds are average. Flat screen in the room. Coffee maker, fridge, large shower, single sink, large counter, safe, cordless phone, desk, wireless, all make the rooms there above average. There is a very nice court yard that would be nice to use, but we were there during a snow storm. There is a large indoor poor that we did not use. This hotel features something kinda cool..a food court area with salads, wraps, drinks, fruits, and where many different breakfasts are made and wrapped, or made to order. Very good food ! Shuttle busses run every 20min. This hotel is without a doubt a win-win stay. With kids...without kids...business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Traveling with a family we got a king room that adjoins to another room with two queens. Great fami...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey of your stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your night with us. I do you hope you can stay with us in the summer to be able to enjoy our courtyard area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very family friendly fun hotel. Near airport. Indoor pool; games and puzzles in lobby. Staff super nice. Efficient use of space. Only issues was safe didnt work. No tub for babies, shower was fine for our kids. We will stay again when we fly out of airport.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on out hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the kids had fun. I hope to see you the next time you stay with us when you fly out of DIA.
Ski Country, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels close to DIA and this is by far my favorite.

I live in Northern CO and either come in the night before a flight, or need to stay upon my return due to lateness in the evening. I always park here and take the shuttle to/from the airport. I have never had any problems checking in past midnight, or very early in the morning. Staff is always very friendly and helpful.

Yes the aesthetics are different here, and I like it. It's not your standard hotel. I enjoy the bar right as you walk in, two computers free for guests, and even a pool table. I have also purchased snacks/beverages from their snack area, very handy to have something convenient on the shuttle ride.

Room is very comfortable, but yes small. I really like how it is laid out, with the bathroom on the other side of the beds, so that if one person is getting ready they can have the lights on and the other person can still sleep in relative darkness. Shower only is very convenient if you have problems stepping in/out of tub. Mini fridge and internet are great. Beds are comfortable, and the flat screen tv is a nice size. Rooms have always been clean on my stay.

The indoor pool is a bit on the cold side, even for lap swimming, but nice to have,

I have always felt safe leaving my car here for extended stays - lots of lighting, and enough people in and out that I haven't ever felt a problem. Other hotels in the area - I can't say that for. Plus no bunnies to eat my car wires!

Lots of close-by chain restaurant options, easy to grab a quick meal even if you don't have a car.

Great rates on this hotel also, it's always almost cheaper to stay here than to just park my car at off-airport parking lots.

Room Tip: Choose a higher up floor. I have never noticed a noise difference on either the airport or mountain...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I will certainly pass this review on to all the staff. We always enjoy hearing that our guest keeps coming back again and again. I will look into the temperature on the pool for you and see if we can get this adjust to make your morning laps more comfortable. Thank you again and hope to see you next time you stay with us.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is my second Aloft Hotel to stay at. This particular hotel has the perfect location, being very close to DEN, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff is very nice, knowledgable and enthusiastic. Just two complaints: the bed is somewhat stiff, but not unbearable, and I received two 3:30am wake-up calls...when none were requested. The front desk associate was very apologetic. There is a different bar special each night, which makes it fun. There is also a DJ on most nights. Great place to stay for frequent travelers needing be close to the airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top (5th) floor so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bethbwilson
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the bed and the unwelcome wake-up call at 3:30am. I hope to see you back on your next stay with us.
Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The concrete floors and circular desk greeted us as we checked in. They were friendly and helpful. We were surprised to see a full service bar, with some food options and an indoor pool. While we did not utilize either, thery seemed very nice. There were comfortable seating arrangements in the lobby and given the size of the rooms, they are probably used often. There was a very nice oudoor seating area, but as there had just been a big snow storm, we did use this option either.
The room itself was very small, just a kingsize bed with attached small side tables in bedroom. A large desk area with multiple electric plugs. This hotel is all about design and form. It works well; from, the sliding mirrored door in bathroom to functional purple bench for a seating area.
My only problem was that there was a significant cold draft on the floor near the heating/AC unit.
It is a mattress on a platform...be careful, the mattress is slippery and you may find that it moves quite abit. It is very comfortable, however.

It is close to the airport, one of many in the area. They have a shuttle to the airport. We had a car to return to the rental agency, so did use it, but it was available.There are numerous dining options within wakling distance from an A&W to Ted Turners Restaurant and Applybees. They also have casual food, (sandwiches, yogart, salads, chips, etc) plus breakfast items for sale in the lobby.

It was a good value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look into the draft near the AC unit. I hope to see you in the future and hopefully it will be in the summer so you can utilize the back yard seating area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed one night at Aloft near Denver International Airport. The staff, especially John helped me with the paperwork I need the following day as well as other office supplies I need. Next day they even gave me a a 4:00PM check-out! It was a great experience and made my business meeting this much better!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; especially that John went out of his way to help you. I will certainly pass your kind comments over to him. I hope to see you in the future.
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My travel agency suggested I switch to this hotel as it was much closer to the airport and I was trying to get on a flight after they had been cancelled for 2 days due to a storm on the East Coast.

Had a room on the forth floor. Had stayed at another Aloft before and this one was appointed about the same. King size bed with a large TV mounted on wall. Good channel selection on Satellite. Bathroom was good size with stand up shower and seat. Shower has a curtain but there is no lip on floor so I didn't really see the sense. Room also came with a Frig and a Wall Safe both very good size.

Room also had door to adjoining room but I was alone so this didn't matter to me.

Had it's own thermostat and the heat on kept the room at the temperature that I set it for.

Staff was social and friendly. The fellow at the front desk in the morning invited me to enjoy the Continental breakfast that I didn't know was included.

Room Tip: ask for room facing airport
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback and can't wait to have you visit us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!